LOL @ Jets | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LOL @ Jets

So much for Bowles being the head coach that got away. Wonder how much time he has left in the big chair.

Another wretched game for the Jets. Kind of unbelievable they're the worst team in the division currently.

might be the worst team in the league, top 10 in talent and bottom 5 in coaching. you guys knew what you were doing not hiring Bowles.

might be the worst team in the league, top 10 in talent and bottom 5 in coaching. you guys knew what you were doing not hiring Bowles.

Some guys here wanted him. The loss of Decker certainly hurts. I'm just surprised the defense isn't stopping teams.

Some guys here wanted him. The loss of Decker certainly hurts. I'm just surprised the defense isn't stopping teams.

the D is the big issue, the O has been up and down but the D has been consistently awful when it should be a top 5 unit.

I admit that I did want Bowles to be our coach. boy was I wrong. he is doing a terrible job for the Jest. I'm now thinking we can at least split with the Jets this season or even get a sweep.

the D is the big issue, the O has been up and down but the D has been consistently awful when it should be a top 5 unit.

I don't think so. The offense has scored 1 more point than Tampa Bay (who has played 1 less game) and is averaging the least amount of points a game. They have 3 TDs in the last 4 games, one of which came from a WR running a Fitzpatrick fumble in for a TD with 2 minutes to play down 17.

I admit that I did want Bowles to be our coach. boy was I wrong. he is doing a terrible job for the Jest. I'm now thinking we can at least split with the Jets this season or even get a sweep.

Our fan base understands nothing about patience. It's one of the things I hate most about it. We are never willing to give anyone a chance. At the first sign of trouble everyone wants to fire everybody.

I don't know if Bowles is going to be a good HC or not. But I know that I haven't made up my mind about him either way. Everyone liked Bowles last year and now after the first 6 games this year, everyone has come to the conclusion that he is the worst coach in the NFL and needs to be fired so we can hire the next guy and fire him the first time he loses 4 games in a row. It's ridiculous. You have to give a coach some time. Bowles has made some bad in game moves this year that I haven't agreed with, but he can learn and correct those mistakes.

The Jets just aren't that good on defense. The secondary is a joke. They have Buster Skrine and Marcus Williams out there all the time and both stink. Burris is a rookie 4th rounder. Gilchrist is a JAG and Pryor is a hard hitting safety who can't cover. People think he's good because he makes big hits but in reality he's a in the box safety and with this secondary as bad as it is, he's needed in coverage more and he's just not that good at it. And Revis can still play but he's no longer the same guy. It's no shocked they are getting torched in the air. They still play the run very well (except for Monday night). And the O-line is a mess.

Our fan base understands nothing about patience. It's one of the things I hate most about it. We are never willing to give anyone a chance. At the first sign of trouble everyone wants to fire everybody.

I don't know if Bowles is going to be a good HC or not. But I know that I haven't made up my mind about him either way. Everyone liked Bowles last year and now after the first 6 games this year, everyone has come to the conclusion that he is the worst coach in the NFL and needs to be fired so we can hire the next guy and fire him the first time he loses 4 games in a row. It's ridiculous. You have to give a coach some time. Bowles has made some bad in game moves this year that I haven't agreed with, but he can learn and correct those mistakes.

The Jets just aren't that good on defense. The secondary is a joke. They have Buster Skrine and Marcus Williams out there all the time and both stink. Burris is a rookie 4th rounder. Gilchrist is a JAG and Pryor is a hard hitting safety who can't cover. People think he's good because he makes big hits but in reality he's a in the box safety and with this secondary as bad as it is, he's needed in coverage more and he's just not that good at it. And Revis can still play but he's no longer the same guy. It's no shocked they are getting torched in the air. They still play the run very well (except for Monday night). And the O-line is a mess.

It isn't just your fanbase. Already on this site some want Gase fired. They'll state that they want a more experienced coach, or one that has played football in the past because that's a big deal.....apparently.

The Jets need to determine if Smith, Petty, or Hackenburg are worth a ****. Fitz isn't the answer of course. They could also use better WR depth and actually have a TE. Decker being out for the year is a huge blow to the offensive production.

It isn't just your fanbase. Already on this site some want Gase fired. They'll state that they want a more experienced coach, or one that has played football in the past because that's a big deal.....apparently.

The Jets need to determine if Smith, Petty, or Hackenburg are worth a ****. Fitz isn't the answer of course. They could also use better WR depth and actually have a TE. Decker being out for the year is a huge blow to the offensive production.

Yeah that's true. I guess it happens with most fan bases. It's frustrating. I try not to judge everything based off a message board because a message board by nature is a place for people to vent whether the team is playing good or not. But when you hear it on message boards, and on talk radio, and in print media, it gets so annoying. I'm interested to see how the fans are this Sunday. Probably negative I'm sure. If the Jets go 3 and out on their first drive I'm sure we'll hear all the boos. The they'll chant for Geno, the same guy they were booing non stop 2 years ago. Or want Petty to come in and play even though he's been hurt all year, they don't care. Just throw him out there. Then they'll call for Hack even though the plan when Hack was drafted was for him to sit for it least 1 year and have the Jets work with him on his mechanics which they felt got all screwed up because of the awful teams he was on in college.

Fan bases completely lose their way at the first sign of trouble. You have to give the guys you hired a chance to correct things. How are you going to know if they are any good if you just fire them when things get bad?

The Jets need to make a determination on the other QB's on the roster besides Fitz like you said. But realistically they are only going to be able to look at Geno and Petty this year. Hackenberg isn't going to see the field because the Jets simply don't believe he's ready. The Jets have a long term vision in mind with him. We'll see if he's any good.

The last thing I want to do is fire another coach but Bowles has been a complete disaster. since his awful job in week 17 through this season he doesn't look like he belongs. I hope he gets better, we can't afford another new HC but if we still had rex we'd be contenders.

The last thing I want to do is fire another coach but Bowles has been a complete disaster. since his awful job in week 17 through this season he doesn't look like he belongs. I hope he gets better, we can't afford another new HC but if we still had rex we'd be contenders.

Rex is gone. He's not coming back regardless of your, mine, or anyone elses opinions on him. You have to make piece with that and move on from him. I don't care what Rex would or wouldn't be with this team. Maybe we'd be 6-0 maybe we'd be 0-6, whatever you think it doesn't matter. He aint here and he isn't coming back. The question now is about Bowles. I don't feel overly negative or positive about him. He's 11-11 as our HC. I liked him a lot last year and this year I have questioned his in game decision making. But the teams 1-5 record is an organizational failure. Not just a Todd Bowles failure.

Rex is gone. He's not coming back regardless of your, mine, or anyone elses opinions on him. You have to make piece with that and move on from him. I don't care what Rex would or wouldn't be with this team. Maybe we'd be 6-0 maybe we'd be 0-6, whatever you think it doesn't matter. He aint here and he isn't coming back. The question now is about Bowles. I don't feel overly negative or positive about him. He's 11-11 as our HC. I liked him a lot last year and this year I have questioned his in game decision making. But the teams 1-5 record is an organizational failure. Not just a Todd Bowles failure.

I know but it's still frustrating.

the team is very talented, this is a coaching failure. he did an ok job last year but the team was flat and unprepared in biggest game we have had in 5 years. I gave him a pass but it's continued into this year.

Good luck to geno this week.

Yeah that's true. I guess it happens with most fan bases. It's frustrating. I try not to judge everything based off a message board because a message board by nature is a place for people to vent whether the team is playing good or not. But when you hear it on message boards, and on talk radio, and in print media, it gets so annoying. I'm interested to see how the fans are this Sunday. Probably negative I'm sure. If the Jets go 3 and out on their first drive I'm sure we'll hear all the boos. The they'll chant for Geno, the same guy they were booing non stop 2 years ago. Or want Petty to come in and play even though he's been hurt all year, they don't care. Just throw him out there. Then they'll call for Hack even though the plan when Hack was drafted was for him to sit for it least 1 year and have the Jets work with him on his mechanics which they felt got all screwed up because of the awful teams he was on in college.

Fan bases completely lose their way at the first sign of trouble. You have to give the guys you hired a chance to correct things. How are you going to know if they are any good if you just fire them when things get bad?

The Jets need to make a determination on the other QB's on the roster besides Fitz like you said. But realistically they are only going to be able to look at Geno and Petty this year. Hackenberg isn't going to see the field because the Jets simply don't believe he's ready. The Jets have a long term vision in mind with him. We'll see if he's any good.

So Geno is up now. What if he fails? Do they go back to Fitz or do they go young?

Back
Top Bottom