LOL @ Jets | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LOL @ Jets

I would think Fitz's career w/ us is done barring numerous injuries. I would expect Petty would get next crack if/when Geno fails.

I would think Fitz's career w/ us is done barring numerous injuries. I would expect Petty would get next crack if/when Geno fails.

Petty should get the next shot if Geno fails. Cause if Geno fails we would basically be eliminated from post season contention with 7 or 8 losses (not that we aren't already). It would make no sense to go back to Fitz now.

Thing is, the next 3 games are winnable. Geno actually has a shot to play well and build some momentum.

Petty should get the next shot if Geno fails. Cause if Geno fails we would basically be eliminated from post season contention with 7 or 8 losses (not that we aren't already). It would make no sense to go back to Fitz now.

Thing is, the next 3 games are winnable. Geno actually has a shot to play well and build some momentum.

had Petty not gotten hurt I don't think it would be a question but I think he just started practicing again about a week or so ago. my guess is Fitz will be the #2 QB this week and if Geno is hurt will come in.

had Petty not gotten hurt I don't think it would be a question but I think he just started practicing again about a week or so ago. my guess is Fitz will be the #2 QB this week and if Geno is hurt will come in.

Agreed. I think Petty would be our starter if he didn't get hurt.

I think it's a smart move to bring Petty along slowly now that he's back. Let him get a couple weeks of practice reps under him and then make the move. Unless Geno looks really good.

The last thing I want to do is fire another coach but Bowles has been a complete disaster. since his awful job in week 17 through this season he doesn't look like he belongs. I hope he gets better, we can't afford another new HC but if we still had rex we'd be contenders.

Ahhhhhh. Living in that alternate universe again. :lol:

Geno tore his ACL. yikes I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Geno couldn't catch a break this year. This was an ideal time to give him one final look. Sucks. But this really does take a massive headache off the Jets hands.

Realistically, neither Geno or Fitz will be on this team next year. Geno getting hurt takes an annoying QB controversy off the Jets hands. It's now Fitz's job until the Jets feel Bryce Petty is ready. It's much simpler now. Petty will probably be the starting QB when the Jets lose their 7th or 8th game of the season. Most likely.

Either way, I still feel bad for Geno. He deserved one more shot and wasn't badly before he got hurt. Fitz didn't do enough against the Ravens to win his job back going into the Browns game IMO.

Remember this guy?

[video=youtube_share;37MMa4LtcFQ]https://youtu.be/37MMa4LtcFQ[/video]

Wonder how he feels today.

Geno couldn't catch a break this year. This was an ideal time to give him one final look. Sucks. But this really does take a massive headache off the Jets hands.

Realistically, neither Geno or Fitz will be on this team next year. Geno getting hurt takes an annoying QB controversy off the Jets hands. It's now Fitz's job until the Jets feel Bryce Petty is ready. It's much simpler now. Petty will probably be the starting QB when the Jets lose their 7th or 8th game of the season. Most likely.

Either way, I still feel bad for Geno. He deserved one more shot and wasn't badly before he got hurt. Fitz didn't do enough against the Ravens to win his job back going into the Browns game IMO.

I doubt they start Petty at all barring injury. The Jets will be in at the end so they'll continue giving Fitz run.

I doubt they start Petty at all barring injury. The Jets will be in at the end so they'll continue giving Fitz run.

if we keep winning and really get back in it Fitz will keep playing but we have almost no safety net so any slip ups and petty will play. I don't think Petty is fully ready to go since his injury or I think he may be starting now.

if we keep winning and really get back in it Fitz will keep playing but we have almost no safety net so any slip ups and petty will play. I don't think Petty is fully ready to go since his injury or I think he may be starting now.

Which puts more pressure on Fitz to not **** up any more.

The Jets would have to roll off wins in the next 3 weeks IMO. If they are 5-5 going into the BYE then there's a strong possibility Petty might not play. Being 5-5 is possible because the Browns, Dolphins, and Rams are all beatable. But the Jets can easily lose to Miami or LA. I might have been wrong about Miami. They've played well recently and might be the second best team in the AFC East and LA is a tough D to crack. I can see them giving Fitz a lot of trouble. Cleveland plays tough but the Jets have no business losing this game on Sunday.

Jets beat Ravens and Browns like I said. Next week is their season. They'll beat the Rams the week after because Keenum stinks, if Goff starts he'll stink, and it's a cross country trip.

Next week is the season for both our teams.

I'm really interested in seeing how Gase approaches this game.

The new found success the Dolphins have had recently has been due to their rushing attack. The Jets are great at stopping the run.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Dolphins were struggling when trying to throw the football more. But the Jets have an awful secondary and are terrible against the pass.

Will Gase stay committed to the running game? Or will the Jets awful secondary be to tempting to not try and air it out? McCown was torching us in the first half on Sunday. If that was a half way decent team the Jets were playing we probably would have been buried at the half.

This is an interesting game for Gase. It's a good test for him. I don't know what I would do. It would be easier to decide if the Jets weren't so good against the run. The Jets want teams to try and run on them.

Back
Top Bottom