LOL Trent Dilfer

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CorduroyG, Dec 29, 2008.

1. CorduroyG

CorduroyG Rookie

I actually think he does a good job on espn, but hes picked us to lose the last 4 weeks i think, with the same bs: "i just dont know how long they can continue to play this ball control turnover-free football"

Of course he just picked the ravens, in fact i dont expect anyone to pick us this week, but it just cracks me up this guy keeps saying the same bs every week. I guess he figures 1 of these weeks hes gonna be right

2. Miami 13

Miami 13 Pro Bowler

He is an idiot and for some reason just hates the Phins. Let him continue to be wrong on his picks.

3. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

YEP...I noticed the same thing...almost as funny as Neon Deion Sanders gaurantee that the Pats would win the AFC East. :lol:

4. JT-forpresident

JT-forpresident Believe In Miami

trent dilfer knows nothing about mistake free football, that's why he can't pick us

5. lbmclean_sj

lbmclean_sj Banned Hammered

hey, he is a SuperBowl qb :rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

6. cltchperf

cltchperf Pro Bowler

His stubborness is funny, lol. A few weeks ago, he talked about what games Miami would lose during the last weeks of the season and he predicted Miami would get upset by the 49ers, and how the Jets would win the division. Miami beat the 49ers and the Jets lost the last bunch of games. So the Jets look like they won't make the playoffs after they lose to the Seahawks and Miami still continues to win. So since the Jets need help and look like they won't get in, what does he do? Yeah, instead of giving in, he then picks the Patriots to win the division, lol.

So now that the Dolphins have won the division while the Pats and Jets are knocked out, Trent naturally thinks the Ravens will beat Miami. Baltimore is very good and definitely has a good chance of beating Miami, but the fact of the matter is that Trent will just pick any team as long it is not Miami to win, in order to try to show he's right.

7. JT-forpresident

the ravens could've won with brett as a QB that year... :lol:

8. 72TributeBike

72TributeBike A True Fan

This is going to be a very painful week to watch TV or listen to the radio. Miami will be given no love or respect. I been watching Dilfer for weeks now on ESPN. What a tool! The birth of the first Miami Dynasty was easy as cake. We had a good run with Dan the Man, but he couldn't bring home the bacon, sad to say. But this I believe is the birth of the 2nd Miami Dynasty...and this one's gonna be a *****...very nasty...with alot of negative vibes focused on the Phish. We can get through it...but it will be a test of our metal to not just fly off and want to punch each and every one of these guys in the mouth.

So far, only one analyst has given us any love at all...and that's Tom Jackson at ESPN. He's the only one...so far. I expect there to not be many at all.

Did anyone see Dan Marino at the end of the CBS pre-game. He clinched his fist and said "Go Miami!" Man...I miss Dan!

9. MiamiDolfan85

MiamiDolfan85 DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

Trent Dilfer is a sip****...dude picks us to lose EVERY week...:shakeno:

Ya'll should seen the way after we defeated the Chiefs,the other analyst would ask him,"Trent,who do you think will win,Will it be the Dolphins?."

I mean,have you EVER seen anyone more on the Jets d*** like he was for the past week?:rolleyes:

Dude was saying,"I dont see it happening.Yes,I know Brett Farve hasnt been playing well,but looking back a hundred years ago,Favre thrives in these games,and Boom,don't you think Farve will show his magical Favre magic"....:err:

Then,he had thee nerve,to come no the post-game show and say,"Miai played real well.The defense came through the way their supposed too.Chad Pennington had a great game,and was able to make things happen"...:rolleyes2:

Then he predicted BAL to win next week..I bet you anyting if MIA once again try to jerk*** Phin fans to prevent him from looking like an idiot:rolleyes2:

10. JT-forpresident

the worst part is, he'll stick to picking us losing until we finally (maybe) lose, and he'll say I TOLD YA !

11. juniorseau55

juniorseau55 The Finheaven Intimidator

What do you expect him to say after embarassing himself?

Sorry everyone, I suck a lot!

Trent Dilfer

p.s this is a suicide note

12. cltchperf

cltchperf Pro Bowler

Well most of the ESPN analysts have been against Miami or have not said anything good, but it isn't just Tom Jackson that said something good for Miami. The other guy, even if he's the only other guy that has sided with Miami is Merril Hoge, as he was the one debating with Trent Dilfer. Trent thought any other team but the Dolphins was going to win the division, while Merril Hoge stuck with his guns and stayed with his pick for Miami to win the division and make the playoffs, and well I guess Merril is the one who was right. But I don't know if he's a dolphins fan or not, but Merril has always seemed to be the one ESPN analyst to be complimentary to Miami over the years.

13. Sedano

Sedano Very Special Guest

He based his Jets selection on, "his feeling Brett Favre would have one more magical day."

If you look at Favre's numbers this year. No 300 yd games and he really only had 2 good games out of 15 leading into this game.

I know he plays the part well on tv, but really man? You can do a little better than that.

Nothing personal, but at least back up your gut feeling with something of substance.

Not 1 person on ESPN outside of Merrill Hodge has given the Dolphins any chance to do anything in December.

Hey man, in August I thought this was 6 or 7 win team. But, at some point you have to understand why & how they are winning games. They generally play mistake free football and that gives you an opportunity to be in every game.

Here's to hoping this team can keep it going.

Best,

JS

14. DFJR88

DFJR88 Well-Known Member

who cares? he wasn't even good when he played.

15. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

And now we get to see Tim Hasselbeck as an analyst as well! Boy, what a great career he had!:rolleyes2: ESPN needs to really clean out their staff of analysts and replace them with people who actually understand the game of football. Or perhaps some unbiased analysts? Sucks because you can't live with ESPN, and can't live without them :(

16. MiamiDolfan85

MiamiDolfan85 DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

I have to agree...this must be some kind of DCP(disfunctional career program),where out-of-work,former NFL bench-warming,tail-chasers get to comment on things about the NFL that actually require football IQ...which is seriously lacking at ESPN....

17. Danny68

Danny68 Dolphins on 3! Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

Most sportscasters have picked against us all year. I love It! Look where we are now! Let em keep pickin the other team! Its our motivation to keep winning and prove them all wrong!!

18. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Dilfer lol, hell he is our good luck charm . . . he picks against us we win . . . he can keep doing it for all I care.

He also conveniently LEFT out the Dolphins when he stated the Colts/Chargers game was the battle between the 2 hottest teams in the NFL.

That's cool, hey nobody can take away my happiness.

19. aquaman54

aquaman54 Starter

Yes...And I'll give you 1 guess as to who he takes this week.His beloved Ravens.I'm sure he'll be saying...."When I played there" or "When we did this or that"..........Shut The Hell Up Trent!!! IDIOT!!! :nate:

20. 72TributeBike

72TributeBike A True Fan

Miami taking 3 seed was like a big, fat, wrapped Christmas present for him. He's unwrapping it now...saying "Goody goody, look what I'm going to get."

I can't wait until he looks inside the package and finds a world of hurt, pain, and angst!

THIS WEEKEND, WE DINE IN HELL!

21. FINdestructible

FINdestructible Section 211

NFL Primetime on right now.....

& he said it again, along with Hodge. Both said that they will beat us. I love it!!!!

22. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

"Obviously I'm taking the Baltimore Ravens"

Yea Whatever Trent . . . Hodgy is cool, he likes the Fins and he has been a fan, it is understandable him taking Bmore with how they handled us in week 7. Trent is a hater tho, but like I said earlier . . . it's all good. I hope we keep proving the doubters wrong . . . I guess we have to win the Super Bowl to get people to believe in what we are doing down here.

23. DarkRaven

DarkRaven Member

Nobody is listening to Dilfer. I mean, I love the guy for helping us get to the Super Bowl. But he once said this year that the Ravens wouldn't make the playoffs and were pretenders this season. I always ask Raven fans why do they always listen to ESPN talking heads. Unless you are a the Cowboys, Patriots, or Colts...they don't care what other teams do. haha.
    It sadly seems that way.

24. CJohnsonMIA'08

CJohnsonMIA'08 Rookie

Jamal Anderson is the ONLY guy on ESPN picking the Dolphins to win this weekend.

25. CedarPhin

CedarPhin Finheaven Hall of Shame Hammered

Dilfer is a buffoon. I think the concussions he got the last year he played have really gotten to him.

26. fatkirstyalley

fatkirstyalley Donut Enthusiast

ESPN is trying to make Trent Dilfer the Stone Cold Steve Austin of Football commentators. What with his no non sense approach and will tell it like it is. I fully expect him to when they cue him to blast through the doors, put a stunner on Coach ditka followed up by multiple middle fingers and eventually he will develop a catch phrase..."And thats the bottom line, because Trent Dilfer, super bowl winning qb with no real talent and basically relied on his defense to not give up more than 10 points per game.....said so. And then his music hits and his segment is over. moral of the story is Trent Dilfer is lame.

[​IMG]I do stone cold!

27. phinfanNY08

phinfanNY08 Starter

my grandmother even...their defense won that superbowl and every game in the regular season, they were dirty