Long or dumerville | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Long or dumerville

Which position am I more likely to be able to fill with the #12 pick...OT or DE?

Spend the FA money on the other one.

If Dumerville can play opposite of Wake and has not been injury prone as Long the past 2 years it's not even a question you sign the guy to a 4 to 5 year contract draft a offensive tack and 2 corners in the first 2 rounds of the daft and call it a good haul. Long with his injuries are very iffy. In fact I grab a true running back in the 3rd along with a guard or TE. Look a pass rushing DE opposite Wake who me know can ball is hard to find. We get him and we are done except for the DB backfield, OL and RB and we have picks in those first 3 rounds to cover all 3 areas. Long and Smith were inconsistent and Bush while a playmaker played too much like the hung talent we already have in Miller, Daniels and Thigpin. Unless it is a steal I say save our cap space and roll it into next year if possible of sign Starks and Jones or future deals. I would cut Marshall and restructure Patterson deal as the nickle and we a set.

Long. That's a skillset we're not getting except through the #12 overall pick, and it's unlikely to be there at that pick. This draft has lots of pass rushers. This FA period has lots of pass rushers. Our new LB corps is faster and rushes the pass better than last year. The hole is much more pronounced in pass protection. Long also gives our young QB time to throw those long passes to Wallace, and we've invested a lot in Wallace already. No brainer.

I would pick Long we are way thinner at (T) then we are at (DE)

Jake please. With Johnson and Fisher likely off the board by 12 we wont find an upgrade

I think the smart choice would be Long. Why? Because we can land a Freeney for cheaper or one in the draft. LT is not going to be available in the draft where we pick.

Dumerville!!

If Ireland lands Dumerville, he will go from GM hero to GM God. Ireland's name will be forever sanctified in my eyes. Then Milliner in the draft (give up both second rounders) would be beyond belief. Tanni will do the QB shuffle in the pocket by utilizing the read-option while growing eyes on the back of his head. Whatever Philbin conjures up to remedy the TE issue without Long in the lineup and we WILL take the division for sure.

Back
Top Bottom