Looking to go the the Dolphins vs Oakland game - Need Help!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking to go the the Dolphins vs Oakland game - Need Help!!

I pity the fool who doesn't wear black & try to fit in. Raiders are them against the world, not just divisional opponents. The Raiders are the underdog, the team for the working man & minorities. Not only is Oakland a wasteland in this economy, they're the home of the Hells Angels, every gang, etc. ... & they're at games tail gating. The only thing open near the stadium is some little grill that serves out of a window like a check cashing place. Neighborhood looks like Thriller video. Just ask Davon Bess, he grew up within blocks!! ... he might even answer your question about going to a game in his hood

This ain't no yuppie fest like PSL teams, SF, & our owners vision ... we don't even see 49er fans in sports bars now that they're down on their luck. Raiders fans are underdogs (even when they're winning) & the team promotes the image!! If you look for trouble, you'll get it quick, but the place is NOT KNOWN for violence.

Just wear black, cheer for both teams ... when you get "the look" on a Phins TD, say they're your 2 favorite teams!!

I love A's baseball games & love their fans (same stadium & Raider fans). You will see they're beacoup smarter than the average fans. Outside of yelling & screaming like all do ... they come up with incredible stuff & are "expert needlers." Many things in sports have been copied from Raiders fans.

The needling is creative & wonderful & makes opposing players nuts, its legendary. 2 years ago the A's needled the bullpen, the pitchers threw their chairs in the stands, needlers ducked & they hit an old lady. Then the pitchers went into the stands, the fans stood together & kicked their butts!! Now other clubs still trying to make an anti-needling baseball rule as these fans are so good/funny ... dumb--az millionaire players. A's also have a 30-50 man drum corps in the bleachers who beat out cheers. Same folks at Raiders games.

Dress in black, & enjoy the show ... its a trip, you'll love it if you're 'under cover'. Folks who don't do this have a bad time & whine!! Repeat ... this ain't NO yuppie fest!!!!!!! ... its old school & you can always get an affordable ticket .... maybe like it should be!!!!!

Left Coast Dolphan, Go Phins!!

I went to Raiders vs Bengals last year when the Raiders beat them. There were a couple of people in Bengals jerseys around me, and they weren't getting that much crap. Just the standard ribbing you would get anywhere.

That being said, I'll be at the game this year (section 140), wearing all grey and black, sporting only my black Fins hat
clear.gif

I will be going to the game and will not be wearing any Phins gear. I know a guy who was beat up/knocked out then pissed on in the bathroom for cheering for another team...

Seriously, it sucks but it looks like that might be the route I take. I'd rather watch my team play and cheer on the inside then not go because there are some retards that just don't know how to act...

Seriously, it sucks but it looks like that might be the route I take. I'd rather watch my team play and cheer on the inside then not go because there are some retards that just don't know how to act...

yep they are ruthless... essentially the dregs of society. It literally looks like a prison break from San Quintin.

The leauge should crack down on that crap. What a bunch of cowards that have to gang up on the fans in the minority. They should have an undercover cop in Fins stuff and a bunch in street clothes near by. The NFL wants it to be all family friendly yet they know this happens and are condoning it by not stopping it.

Good point...............

Wise decision. I went to probably twenty or so Raider games when they were in the Coliseum in LA, but never did I see Miami play in LA. That being said, I saw a lot of Broncos, Seahawks, Chargers etc etc etc fans get a mountain of crap heaped on them and it was usually pretty ugly. Very rough crowd....and I`m sure Oakland is just as rough. You might be able to handle yourself one on one but don`t subject yourself to the abuse of an entire section. If it was me, I`d skip the game in person and enjoy it from home or from a nice bar (preferably not an Oakland bar).

Wise decision. I went to probably twenty or so Raider games when they were in the Coliseum in LA, but never did I see Miami play in LA. That being said, I saw a lot of Broncos, Seahawks, Chargers etc etc etc fans get a mountain of crap heaped on them and it was usually pretty ugly. Very rough crowd....and I`m sure Oakland is just as rough. You might be able to handle yourself one on one but don`t subject yourself to the abuse of an entire section. If it was me, I`d skip the game in person and enjoy it from home or from a nice bar (preferably not an Oakland bar).

I think you are totally right on this one. I would like to enjoy watching them and I know I won't be able to keep it inside if the Dolphins break a huge gain and then the gig is up..lol.

So it looks like it'll be a local bar in Sacramento for me. Thanks guys for the heads up. I appreciate that.

Go into the tailgate section of the forum here and you will find some more info... I am going to the game there is a site phinvaders.com that has bought two whole sections of seats just for dolphins fans... there is supposed to be a party at one of the hotels that night and tailgate party before the game.. If we can all get tickets together and have safety and numbers ill proudly wear my dolphins jersey to the game.. Not an authentic of course...

If you live in sac... I live in the north bay we could always meet somewhere in the middle and carpool.. save on parking prices and more of the safety in numbers deal..

Raider fans are tough sometimes but i have been to all the games there since 2000 (From San Jose) and never had any issues other than smack talk. Most the time if you ask who was the last QB to win them a Super Bowl they have this dazed look in there eyes and have no idea. I would suggest if you go and wear the gear go with some buddies who like the Raiders it always helps to know somebody who knows people in there section.

I'll be there, looking to buy seats on the visitors side around the 50yd line... Not too bad on stubhub right now, I'll be going with a bunch of raider fans, that's you're best bet for not getting hassled as much. You will at least have a chance to get out of the stadium alive.
**And DO NOT sit anywhere other than the lower bowl! You will have no chance with the crowd up higher.

I live in the Bay Area and have gone to several Dolphin games and have never had any problems... Just be cool, be smart and you'll be ok...

I would wear Dolphins gear loud and proud. Worst that can happen is they get arrested, make a spectacle.

Back
Top Bottom