looks like another rebuilding year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

looks like another rebuilding year

bcfinfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Its too bad, they started with a new coaching staff which always brings optimisim unfortunately they kept Ireland and he really is the cause of most of their problems. The guy has no business running this team. Time after time, player after player his trades, drafts and f.a. signings have brought the team further and further downhill. Its unbelievable he's still around after his track record all these years, not just 2 or 3.

Now instead of having some good young players and a smattering of decent vets to build with we're gonna have to tear the team apart and start over because this group just ain't cutting it. Look down their roster, its pathetic. The few players they were counting on to bring the team back to respectability have almost all regressed and will be turfed out to make way for new hopefuls. Somebody name 1 recent draft choice that looks like a blue chipper, maybe centre Mike Pouncy, wow. And Hartnells a decent receiver. We won't know about Tannehill for a couple more years. On defence they've got Wake and Jones, Dansby and Burnett are busts as far as I'm concerned. The rest of them play like they know they're not very good. Look at the way they got manhandled by the Bills, and it wasn't just the o line. The whole team was pushed around.

You people who want to look thru rose coloured glasses can do so, I'm only stating the facts. The future looks and has looked very bleak for many years and will continue to flounder until they get a real gm.

We are the doormat of the league AGAIN. Gets tiring year after year never being able to enjoy a playoff run. And just watching other teams make it in.

OMG Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
did you really need to post this. Were you in fact inspired by the other 10,000,000,000 posts that said the same exact thing. Are you bored yet????? Whoever said this wasn't a re-build???? We knew that when they hired Philbin and Joe got rid of certain players to mold his team this way. Now, let me speak in English for you......We-will-be-adding-players-the-next-two-years-to-fit-Philbin's-vision-of-what-he-wants-his-team-to-look-like..........
I hope that was clear enough for ya!

Its too bad, they started with a new coaching staff which always brings optimisim unfortunately they kept Ireland and he really is the cause of most of their problems. The guy has no business running this team. Time after time, player after player his trades, drafts and f.a. signings have brought the team further and further downhill. Its unbelievable he's still around after his track record all these years, not just 2 or 3.

Now instead of having some good young players and a smattering of decent vets to build with we're gonna have to tear the team apart and start over because this group just ain't cutting it. Look down their roster, its pathetic. The few players they were counting on to bring the team back to respectability have almost all regressed and will be turfed out to make way for new hopefuls. Somebody name 1 recent draft choice that looks like a blue chipper, maybe centre Mike Pouncy, wow. And Hartnells a decent receiver. We won't know about Tannehill for a couple more years. On defence they've got Wake and Jones, Dansby and Burnett are busts as far as I'm concerned. The rest of them play like they know they're not very good. Look at the way they got manhandled by the Bills, and it wasn't just the o line. The whole team was pushed around.

You people who want to look thru rose coloured glasses can do so, I'm only stating the facts. The future looks and has looked very bleak for many years and will continue to flounder until they get a real gm.

Rebuilding is one of the most annoying phrases used on this board.

There really is no such thing as rebuilding in the NFL. If you make good moves, any NFL team can be a winner from one season to the next. We have the QB we are going forward with for now. Whether he turns out to be the right choice or not remains to be seen. So we arent rebuilding. Retooling perhaps, but thats all most teams ever really do in the NFL. Once you get the right QB, its just a matter of putting a few pieces in place and going for it.

did you really need to post this. Were you in fact inspired by the other 10,000,000,000 posts that said the same exact thing. Are you bored yet????? Whoever said this wasn't a re-build???? We knew that when they hired Philbin and Joe got rid of certain players to mold his team this way. Now, let me speak in English for you......We-will-be-adding-players-the-next-two-years-to-fit-Philbin's-vision-of-what-he-wants-his-team-to-look-like..........

On offense I agree with you but what about the defense? It's all on Ireland. Odrick and misi are far from being play makers. I rather have quality verses quantity.

funny three weeks ago we were a playoff team and everybody was ****ting down their leg, now after three losses everybody sucks again and irelands names pops back up...

i can't keep up with some of these posters.

We are the doormat of the league AGAIN. Gets tiring year after year never being able to enjoy a playoff run. And just watching other teams make it in.

Doormat? Not really, I think Jacksonville and Kansas City safely have earned that title. Miami is middle of the pack.

We pretty much knew that starting a rookie quarterback wouldn't get into playoffs with New England leading the way. Stop being stupid with this post you idiot

Rebuilding is one of the most annoying phrases used on this board.

There really is no such thing as rebuilding in the NFL. If you make good moves, any NFL team can be a winner from one season to the next. We have the QB we are going forward with for now. Whether he turns out to be the right choice or not remains to be seen. So we arent rebuilding. Retooling perhaps, but thats all most teams ever really do in the NFL. Once you get the right QB, its just a matter of putting a few pieces in place and going for it.

We got a little carried away after the first 7 games but without a running game which we all thought to be the strength of this team we are 7-9 8-8 at best, the key is to have a good free agency and draft and this team should be in good shape.
Start playing the young guys now to find out what they have.

Now, let me speak in English for you......We-will-be-adding-players-the-next-two-years-to-fit-Philbin's-vision-of-what-he-wants-his-team-to-look-like..........

And those players will continue to be duds as long as Ireland remains as gm, which was my point.

Doormat? Not really, I think Jacksonville and Kansas City safely have earned that title. Miami is middle of the pack.

Wrong.

Miami is BELOW middle of the pack. That's called "SUB-mediocre"

When you have 3 losing seasons in a row and stand at 4-6 with a 4th straight "losing" season being inevitable, that's what you are.... sub-mediocre. Below the middle.

Not too long ago you were someone who said Sparano will be the next Peyton and will take miami to the super bowl. We know you wear rose-colored glasses but you're still overrating this sub mediocre team and it's personnel. come on. May I remind you this is a team who just got manhandled on both sides of the ball by both the crappy Titans and Bills... and got manhandled and throttled in the 2nd half when it counted by the colts. Miami hasn't beaten a team with a good QB since early 2010.. let all that sink in again..

SUB mediocre.

Last edited by a moderator:
We pretty much knew that starting a rookie quarterback wouldn't get into playoffs with New England leading the way. Stop being stupid with this post you idiot

Who said anything about making the playoffs?

WE ARE REBUILDING PEOPLE..........................

Love the fans and posters who, less than 12 months after a majority of them wanted us to tank every game to get Luck, thought that we would be contenders just a few short months later.

We have the QB in place. We need 2 WR. Both who can stretch the field. Be it draft or FA, we have to get one via each mean. Ideally Fitz or Wallace in FA would be sweet. We need one more better quality O lineman. Our backups are average, Our starters are pretty good- long has sucked in the last few games, and I like to think thats an abberation. Pouncey, Martin, Incog are good, Jerry has improved, Garner is OK, but someone to be on par with Pouncey or Long would be nice.

We desperately need another OLB or DE. Moreso, a shutdown CB is a big a need as a WR. We have been toasted in the past month, people know how to pressure us, and the rest of the league is following suit.

Fasano is expendable. He simply dissapears for games at a time. Clay flashes, but I think the gameplan alters due to teams stacking the box and the WR not getting open. It makes it difficult to play good footy when we can only play average footy.

This was always gonna be a rebuilding year. Those who were shocked should change there rose coloured glasses.

Philbin stays - 3,4 maybe more. He needs time to bring in his type of players to mould the team his way. I hope they give him time. Ireland stays next year. After that, if we dont get 9 or 10 wins by 2014, then it would be difficult to retain him.

Back
Top Bottom