Looks like Anthony Spencer will be available in free agency, had 11 sacks this year

Discussion in 'General NFL Forum' started by phinatic1399, Jan 11, 2013.

1. phinatic1399

phinatic1399 Diehard Phinatic!

rotoworld.com

I always liked spencer and Irelands connection with dallas players could result in this making sense. We could easily let starks walk and kick odrick inside and go into next season with wake, solai, odrick, and spencer on the front line. We need pass rush help and spencer would make sense.

2. aquaman54

aquaman54 Starter

Might be worth looking at,but not at the cost of letting Starks walk.....Just My Opinion

3. J Tes

J Tes next generation

Pass

4. GasPed

GasPed Well-Known Member

So the Cowboys are letting him go because they don't think he can play 4-3 DE, but we should pick him up because we know better than them?

Don't get me wrong - Spencer had a great year as a 3-4 OLB, and there have been successful conversions of 3-4 OLB's to 4-3 DE's in the past. ;) Also, I know the Cowboys are in cap trouble which may be the bigger reason why they can't keep him. However, just because Wake made the jump, doesn't mean Spencer can - for his size, Wake is a freak who can really hold the edge well, and I'm not at all sure Spencer could do that. Two 250 lb DE's = ready made gameplan for our opponents...

5. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

Jeff Ireland is the one that took Spencer so yeah this could happen though it's not immediately clear in what capacity he'd participate in the defense.

6. Exuro

Exuro Well-Known Member

He's been a bit of a disappointment during his time in Dallas, and had his career year in a contract year. I'd say buyer beware.

7. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

Can we please stop getting players from the Cowboys?

8. Locke

Locke They looked like strong hands.

Even if they are worth it? Seems odd to disqualify a group of free agents just because of their previous team...

9. JKS4

JKS4 Well-Known Member

Why does it matter where people come from? Spencer is a stud, but because he was a cowboy we should pass on him?

I doubt we sign him...he's going to get paid. In any case i would love to have him.

10. Oraclepz

Oraclepz Seasoned Veteran

Spencer is not a stud ... Like someone said he had a career year on a contract year.. Pass!

11. luduporcu

luduporcu Banned Hammered

Maybe replacing MISI at OLB. Then, if MIAMI could draft someone like MINGO to be the RDE, and add ODRICK to the DT rotation, MIAMI might get even better at consistent--CONSISTENT--pass pressure coming from someone other than WAKE. We have to beat N.E.: N.E.'s the top team in our division. We should use F/A and the Draft in a co-ordinated manner to add pressure on passers generally, and one Mr. T BRADY in particular. BRADY, from what I've seen, becomes very mortal when under consistent heavy pass pressure. The NY GIANTS gave everybody the "blueprint"...TWICE! It's about time MIAMI actually DID SOMETHING in that regard. Otherwise, we'll be "also rans" for another 4 or 5 years no matter what else happens and no matter what else we do.

12. Pitbull13

Pitbull13 Pitbull13

Was just going to post this