Looks like younger brother is helping his older brother... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks like younger brother is helping his older brother...

DisturbedShifty

Peace out
Reaction score
So I found this interesting. Eli was on Letterman last night and had this to say about Peyton:

Last week, conflicting reports and accounts emerged regarding the question of whether Colts quarterback
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manningPeyton Manning
may continue medically playing quarterback for the Colts, or for another team.
Peyton’s brother, Eli, has chimed in during a Monday night appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman.
Everything’s good to go,” Eli said, via the New York Daily News. “He got a good report from his doctor, said, ‘Hey, you know, if you were my own son, I’d give you the okay to play,’ and so he’ll be ready. He’s healthy, now it’s just about getting to 100 percent where he can physically make all the throws.
“He’s doing well. He’s rehabbing. He was in good spirits all weekend, got to be with him a little bit, and, you know, he’s just trying to get 100 percent. He wants to play football – and I think he will.”

Looks like Eli is helping spread the word that he is healthy enough to play.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/07/eli-says-peyton-is-good-to-go/

Apparently everyone reads the "okay to play" and completely ignore the "getting to 100 percent where HE CAN MAKE ALL THE THROWS" In other words, he can't throw the ball very well right now and no one knows when it will happen or even if it will happen.

He had to be cleared by the doctors before he could start throwing. He has 5 weeks before FA to show some progress. If he can show he is getting some arm strength back, he will be signed. Nerve damage is hard to come back from, but I wouldn't bet against a determined Peyton Manning!!!

Apparently everyone reads the "okay to play" and completely ignore the "getting to 100 percent where HE CAN MAKE ALL THE THROWS" In other words, he can't throw the ball very well right now and no one knows when it will happen or even if it will happen.
You realize pitchers lose arm strength if they dont throw twice a week, right. A qb is no different. He hasnt throw at all this season. Give him 1 month. If he is healthy, he will have his arm in shape.

He had to be cleared by the doctors before he could start throwing. He has 5 weeks before FA to show some progress. If he can show he is getting some arm strength back, he will be signed. Nerve damage is hard to come back from, but I wouldn't bet against a determined Peyton Manning!!!

It doesn't matter how determined Peyton is. Hard work isn't going to make the nerve regenerate any faster. If that nerve doesn't regenerate and attach at the right spots in the muscle, then Peyton will continue to have the triceps weakness that is currently knocking his arm strength down about 40% based on the reports I've heard. Determination isn't going to make this heal faster. This isn't like trying to strengthen muscles that were weakned due to immobility. It is a nerve problem.

You realize pitchers lose arm strength if they dont throw twice a week, right. A qb is no different. He hasnt throw at all this season. Give him 1 month. If he is healthy, he will have his arm in shape.

Peyton has been throwing since December.
Jim Caldwell announced on December 14 that Manning has begun throwing the ball again. He has yet to participate in practice but throwing the ball is a step forward.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-10682821

Back
Top Bottom