Love This Dolphins License Plate! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Love This Dolphins License Plate!

SWS84

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Sorry if this thread is inappropriate and lacking substance, but I had to share. My daughter, who is a huge Dolphin fan, like me, saw this on the way home from school today. In addition to being a little jealous, it made me laugh, so my hope is it will make you laugh, too! I am looking forward to seeing this guy around my home town again, so I can give him props.

Steve

20631edc04f8499e92b22286a6a6512a-1.jpg

I've had that one in the past. When I went to renew my tags in January they had the new Jags logo plates but not the new Dolphins. I'll try again next year.

I've had that one in the past. When I went to renew my tags in January they had the new Jags logo plates but not the new Dolphins. I'll try again next year.

You did? How cool! Hope it works out for you next time.

That's the vintage logo. I imagine that one's for the ages now.

New logo probably to big to fit on the plate!

can you buy those plates from your motor registry and not put them on your car? i'd love one for the bar here. Is there a yearly fee involved?

can you buy those plates from your motor registry and not put them on your car? i'd love one for the bar here. Is there a yearly fee involved?

Good question. I called the local tax collector office in my town and found out the following:

a) A tag needs to be registered to a car. There is a yearly fee. Sport team tags cost more with a portion of the fee going to all sports teams in Florida.

b) They do have Dolphin tags available -at least at this office. It is the old logo with the Dolphin wearing the helmet. I made her get 1 to make sure. :chuckle:

c) Tags need to be changed every 10 years. If you get a Dolphin tag with a random number then you probably will receive a new tag with a random number. However, if you get a tag like the 1 above then she said they will give you a new tag with the same info on it.

Maybe we can find someone who has had their Dolphin tag for over 10 years. They may have an old tag laying around collecting dust. My regular Florida tags do. If I run into someone with an extra tag, I'll PM you.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom