Loved this response to our QB situation | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Loved this response to our QB situation

A.J. Fin said:
1. You're kidding, right? What magical pill is out there that is going to make Fiedler's arms suddenly stronger, more accurate, and give him the sudden vision to spot and time the open receiver?

2. And you say "NOW he has talent around him"? Ummm....not for nothing, but there's been enough talent on this team for us to go all the way if we had even a mediocre QB the past two years. Rickey, McMichael, Chambers, Konrad, they've BEEN here....waiting for a QB.

3. Fiedler is SO not the answer. I really hope AJ works out, I have no idea if he will or not, but there is one thing I think we all know....Jay is back-up talent only.
IMN-S-HO

1. No, I'm not kidding. The magical pill is for Fiedler is new QB's coach M. Trestman. He has helped Fiedler quite a bit this off-season IMO. I've seen Fiedler play, and I like what I've seen. He's crisper, and looks very confident in his throws....Have you seen him this off-season??? :confused:

2. The only thing Jay really needed IMO was better protection along the OL. The strength of the OL usually dictates the strength of any offense. Our OL has been weak under Wanny IMO, and therefore our offense has been weak. The OL improvements will go a long way in the overall success of our offense in 2004 regardless of who the starting QB is. A WR like D. Boston is just a bonus....

3. J. Fiedler is a fine QB. He's not great, but he's a very strong competitor, and does whatever is needed to win football games. I'd love to have a young gun leading our offense, but right now, we don't have one who is capable.

I'm satisfied with Fielder in 2004, and if he can stay healthy, he has a very good chance to prove the critics wrong. Fiedler has also gained some respect around the league after coming from nothing, and when he's on his game he can be very solid...

PHINZ RULE!!! :cool:

I am far from writing off Feeley or Fiedler, but totally agree that if our OL cannot open holes for Ricky and protect the QB long enuf for the WRs to get downfield, we will not improve with anyone QBs outside of Vick, McNabb or Culpepper. If our OL has trouble w/protection, I w/rather see the better athelete out there at QB and that is Jay.

A.J. Fin said:
You're kidding, right?
What magical pill is out there that is going to make Fiedler's arms suddenly stronger, more accurate, and give him the sudden vision to spot and time the open receiver?
And you say "NOW he has talent around him"? Ummm....not for nothing, but there's been enough talent on this team for us to go all the way if we had even a mediocre QB the past two years. Rickey, McMichael, Chambers, Konrad, they've BEEN here....waiting for a QB.

Fiedler is SO not the answer. I really hope AJ works out, I have no idea if he will or not, but there is one thing I think we all know....Jay is back-up talent only.
IMN-S-HO

The same magical pill that Rich Gannon took..C'mon man you have to keep an open mind.

Unfortunately like many of these other QB's who will be let go in June, learning our O will take some time and they will only have a month and a half. That makes us very one dimenional at best or very ineffective for the first part of the year. I'd say stay the course and don't blink, just because teams are letting go their starters, and for some reason, we just other people's trash. If these QB's were so great, do you really think these teams would let them go? Even if we think they're a little better than what we have, not knowing our O will actually make them less effective than what we have. I say let the young gun have a go.

The reason I said Brad Johnson is because he already knows Norv Turner's playbook inside out from his time in Washington. He's already familiar with the numbering system that AJ Feeley is currently doing his best to try and learn. It is normally very hard to get your starting QB in June, this is true, but in a situation where the QB is already familiar with your playbook (and in BJ's case ran it to near perfection at one point in Washington DC) then there can be exceptions. I'm not saying we should do it, just that, if he got cut, it should be something we consider. If an injury happens, even just a medium sized injury that keeps one of our QBs out for like only 2 or 3 games, I think we should jump on it. As of right now tho if you asked me if I would rather have BJ or Muhsin Muhammad (if Moose gets cut...) I would say Moose.

BLITZKRIEG said:
1. No, I'm not kidding. The magical pill is for Fiedler is new QB's coach M. Trestman. He has helped Fiedler quite a bit this off-season IMO. I've seen Fiedler play, and I like what I've seen. He's crisper, and looks very confident in his throws....Have you seen him this off-season??? :confused:

2. The only thing Jay really needed IMO was better protection along the OL. The strength of the OL usually dictates the strength of any offense. Our OL has been weak under Wanny IMO, and therefore our offense has been weak. The OL improvements will go a long way in the overall success of our offense in 2004 regardless of who the starting QB is. A WR like D. Boston is just a bonus....

3. J. Fiedler is a fine QB. He's not great, but he's a very strong competitor, and does whatever is needed to win football games. I'd love to have a young gun leading our offense, but right now, we don't have one who is capable.

I'm satisfied with Fielder in 2004, and if he can stay healthy, he has a very good chance to prove the critics wrong. Fiedler has also gained some respect around the league after coming from nothing, and when he's on his game he can be very solid...

PHINZ RULE!!! :cool:

Very good post!

ckparrothead said:
The reason I said Brad Johnson is because he already knows Norv Turner's playbook inside out from his time in Washington. He's already familiar with the numbering system that AJ Feeley is currently doing his best to try and learn. It is normally very hard to get your starting QB in June, this is true, but in a situation where the QB is already familiar with your playbook (and in BJ's case ran it to near perfection at one point in Washington DC) then there can be exceptions. I'm not saying we should do it, just that, if he got cut, it should be something we consider. If an injury happens, even just a medium sized injury that keeps one of our QBs out for like only 2 or 3 games, I think we should jump on it. As of right now tho if you asked me if I would rather have BJ or Muhsin Muhammad (if Moose gets cut...) I would say Moose.

You have some merit here CK, but Brad is not mobile and with out OL situation as it is now, I'm not sure a non mobile QB can make it. Plus there have been some tweats to this O, but as you said a lot of the terminology would be familiar to him. Still I think we keep the young gun and let Jay mentor him.

Back
Top Bottom