Lovie Smith Fired | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lovie Smith Fired

I don't get Lovie's firing. No o-coordinator during first season. Bad roster. Tough to even count 2014 against him. And rookie QB this year.@JeffDarlington

He had great records in Chicago year after year. He has two bad seasons with a team with not much talent and suddenly he's a failure. We need to investigate this more and probably at least interview him. Even if we don't want him as a HC, he's always been a great DC. IF he doesn't get offered a HC job, I'd seriously consider him a top DC candidate. Either way, you bring him in and interview him, so you don't have to do it a second time if you want him as a DC. You can pick apart nearly every single HC candidate in some way, so why not at least take a look?

Buccaneers were in all respects an improved team this year. Jameis Winston could easily be another Cam Newton.

I sense Dirk Koetter is going to get elevated, but we'll see.

Lovie took over play calling for the defense this season. They gave up 26 points a game this year, 2014 they gave up 25 a game.

Head coach Lovie Smith of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers has decided to take over play-calling duties from defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier, a move he had been considering since going 2-14 in his first season in Tampa Bay last year.

Pittsburgh Steelers">Smith would not elaborate on his increased role, but his role was evident in practice this week.

He stood near midfield during the team's 11-on-11 period, giving the defensive play calls to linebackers coach Hardy Nickerson, who relayed them via a communicator to the field.

Frazier, with practice script in hand, was not involved in the process.

If Bucs hire OC Dirk Koetter it's sign Lovie firing was long in the works b/c Dolphins were interested in Koetter, mysteriously backed off.@ArmandoSalguero

Really surprised by this. Not saying it's a bad move by the Bucs, it may actually be insightful. I'm just surprised.

If Bucs hire OC Dirk Koetter it's sign Lovie firing was long in the works b/c Dolphins were interested in Koetter, mysteriously backed off.@ArmandoSalguero

K...good to know. I just posted something similar. LOL.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

I am not interested in Lovie.

Sit down for this...I would rather have Mike Smith.

Koetter is the target. So obvious.

This opening only affects Miami by eliminating Koetter as a HC option.

NOW, if he does not factor in TB...what an OC to match with Mike Smith or Teryl Austin.

Back
Top Bottom