LSU vs. Alabama | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LSU vs. Alabama

4 Miami (Fla.)
5 Penn State
6 Virginia Tech
7 LSU

theres the bcs u r correct kast of

Jimmy James said:
LSU should absolutely jump Miami and play for the NC over them if they win out. Theirs was an overtime loss that has been compensated for with two hard fought overtime wins over Alabama and Auburn. Winning out means beating likely Georgia with Shockley in Atlanta in the SEC Championship. The SEC features the best and toughest college football in the nation -- any SEC team tied in record with any other school should get preferential treatment.

Yeah, the team that BLEW OUT the #3 team in the country 27-7 should be ranked behind the team that barely edges out a team in OT that should have been #4 in the rankings. That makes no sense.

kastofsna120 said:
isn't penn state ranked ahead of LSU anyway?
yeah, just found that out...so is va tech.
FSU's losing streak is killing us...hopefully Va Tech runs the table tho

But another thing we have to factor in, is strength of scheldule.

Florida st. lost today, and Georgia Tech lost to Virginia, which Georgia Tech was ranked #24.

Dont be suprised if Penn st. jumps Miami, even though its unlikely.

K-train said:
But another thing we have to factor in, is strength of scheldule.

Florida st. lost today, and Georgia Tech lost to Virginia, which Georgia Tech was ranked #24.

Dont be suprised if Penn st. jumps Miami, even though its unlikely.
yeah but miami plays virginia next week, so that helps, too

but miami won't drop. look at the standings. miami is WAY ahead of penn state

Jimmy James said:
LSU should absolutely jump Miami and play for the NC over them if they win out. Theirs was an overtime loss that has been compensated for with two hard fought overtime wins over Alabama and Auburn. Winning out means beating likely Georgia with Shockley in Atlanta in the SEC Championship. The SEC features the best and toughest college football in the nation -- any SEC team tied in record with any other school should get preferential treatment.
wow, they lost a close one...good for them, Miami lost on the last play of the game too(a game they dominated). I understand the argument you're trying to make, and I respect that--just don't agree with it.

Off topic, but who do you think would win an LSU-Miami matchup (neutral field)? I'd say Miami handily

CirclingWagons said:
Off topic, but who do you think would win an LSU-Miami matchup (neutral field)? I'd say Miami handily

I'm sure that's also what you said about the Sugar Bowl before Gene's boys, led by George Teague, whipped the life out of Gino Toretta and the Hurricanes.

Jimmy James said:
I'm sure that's also what you said about the Sugar Bowl before Gene's boys, led by George Teague, whipped the life out of Gino Toretta and the Hurricanes.
yeah i remember that from early this season

oh wait, that was over a decade ago, meaning it means nothing now

Jimmy James said:
Seriously, you're reaching now...that was 1992, this is 2005.

USC>Miami>the other 115 teams...that's how it stands right now

Jimmy James said:

well, Jimmy, we don't win them all, but we sure do go to lot of them. We average one Championship game every three years... actually less. That means you can almost gaurantee to a recruit he will play for the championship while at the U.

cnc66 said:
well, Jimmy, we don't win them all, but we sure do go to lot of them. We average one Championship game every three years... actually less. That means you can almost gaurantee to a recruit he will play for the championship while at the U.

I think its remote that Texas will lose because of their weak schedule...What I can't wait to see is next years title game....Miami vs. Notre Dame

Back
Top Bottom