LSU's T. White out to prove he is the best CB in draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LSU's T. White out to prove he is the best CB in draft

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
MOBILE, Ala. — There are several cornerbacks expected to be selected before LSU’s Tre’Davious White in the NFL Draft on April 27. A recent Sports Illustrated.com listing did not have White in its top 10.

He sees it differently and is hoping to do something about his status during the Senior Bowl practices this week and the game on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. on the NFL Network.
“To be honest with you, I feel like I’m the best cornerback available in the draft,” White said after the South team’s practice on Tuesday. “This week, I’m going to prove that.”
SI.com had Florida’s Quincy Wilson at No. 1, followed by Washington’s Sidney Jones; Iowa’s Desmond King, who is on the North team at the Senior Bowl; Ohio State’s Marshon Lattimore; Clemson’s Cordrea Tankersley; Alabama’s Marlon Humphrey; Michigan’s Jourdan Lewis, who is also on the North team; Florida’s Jalen Tabor; Ohio State’s Gareon Conley; and Miami’s Corn Elder, who is a teammate of White’s on the South team.
NFL Draft expert Mike Detillier of WWL Radio in New Orleans ranks White higher. He has him behind only Lattimore, Tabor and Jones with White going in the late first round at 25th before Humphrey at 28th. He has Tankersley going in the early second round.
“I see five cornerbacks going in the first round,” Detillier said Wednesday. “Thick year for cornerbacks with bundled up tight rankings.”
http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sp...-t-white-out-prove-he-best-cb-draft/97044114/

He has a case. Would be a great pick for us. Can play slot year 1, we can sort out what we're doing with Maxwell and then slide Tre to the boundary or keep him as a nickel, depending on the outcome. He has that flexibility, imo. Not many others do.

CB's of all shapes and sizes in 2017, but I don't think White is as good as Lattimore - who plays like a bigger V. Hargreaves with legit make-up speed. They're similar enough that I feel comfortable saying, 'No, you're a level lower.' Some teams will prefer R. Douglas, but he's more similar to Wilson, Tabor, and Jones (though Jones is the thinnest in that group). Kevin King is another interesting big CB - super athlete with great length.

There should be stud CB's available in the 3rd - given the depth of this group.

Back
Top Bottom