LT a major concern...Again. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LT a major concern...Again.

phinking

Active Roster
Reaction score
Okay, we're not getting Joe Thomas. Levi Brown is not worth the No. 9 pick.
There are no Free Agents we can sign now. Alabi can't cut it at LT. It looks like another season without a good Left Tackle and I am very concerned. Can anyone guess what this team is going to do at LT? because I'm clueless at this point. I hate to say it but we should have kept McIntosh until we were able to land a blue chip Tackle.

There are no Free Agents we can sign now. Alabi can't cut it at LT. It looks like another season without a good Left Tackle and I am very concerned. Can anyone guess what this team is going to do at LT? because I'm clueless at this point. I hate to say it but we should have kept McIntosh until we were able to land a blue chip Tackle.

We don't know that. He didn't even play a snap as a starter yet.

If Joe Staley from Central Michigan is still there in the second round expect Miami to draft him he has great hands, great footwork, very good size and used to be tight end. If Miami is able to land him he can come in and start in his first year.

I am concerned as well. I thought Luke Petigout might be an option but we didnt even bring him in. I just have to believe that Houck and Cameron know what they are doing and have some plan. I have no idea about Alaibi but if Houck likes him then I could live with that.:dolphins:

Obviously we're not getting Thomas. But what would make Brown a reach at #9?? He's certainly one the highest ranked OT's coming out this year....

There are no Free Agents we can sign now.

I agree, and there really weren't any worth signing this off-season anyway...

Alabi can't cut it at LT.

We have yet to really get a solid indication of what Alibi is / isn't capable of as a starting LT. Nobody really knows if he's made any progress?? It's too soon to count him out though in my opinion....

It looks like another season without a good Left Tackle and I am very concerned. Can anyone guess what this team is going to do at LT? because I'm clueless at this point.

Who knows right now?? Someone we draft could be starting at LT for all we know....

I hate to say it but we should have kept McIntosh until we were able to land a blue chip Tackle.

I somewhat agree, but considering we didn't show much interest in keeping him, I have to believe that Houck has something already in mind. I trust the coaches to take care of the LT position, but at the same time it is alittle unsettling....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I think that Alabi will probably get the first shot unless we are able to land Joe Staley in the 2nd round. I'm not sure how probable that is, if we get him great, if not...I expect Alabi to get the first shot, then Carey if need be. I still think we're due for a year of average play as we'll have better odds of drafting a franchise LT next year (Richardson, Baker, possibly Gaither coming out, and maybe Jake Long if he can play LT in the NFL - IMO I think he'll end up a RT), but that's just my opinion.

If Joe Staley from Central Michigan is still there in the second round expect Miami to draft him he has great hands, great footwork, very good size and used to be tight end. If Miami is able to land him he can come in and start in his first year.

From what ive read Staleys draft value went way uppppp after his pro day

From what ive read Staleys draft value went way uppppp after his pro day

Would he be considered a reach at #9???....

What is a "reach" really?? As long as you fill a hole with a solid player, I don't see the reason why these players get labled as a "reach"....

PHINZ RULE!!!

I'd like to see us trade down about 10 spots and pick up another 2nd rounder. Then we can draft Staley at #16. In the 2nd round we can get a corner, a wide receiver and Drew Stanton, the QB to groom.

I'd like to see us trade down about 10 spots and pick up another 2nd rounder. Then we can draft Staley at #16. In the 2nd round we can get a corner, a wide receiver and Drew Stanton, the QB to groom.

I'd be happy with that, from what i've read Stanton is a sleeper:dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom