Luck come a helping the Jets again | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luck come a helping the Jets again

That's because they were trailing most of the 4th. Other than that drive in the 4th when Jenkins was injured and off the field, the Jets offense couldn't do anything. The offense could have tied it after Romo's fumble, but ended up turning it over themselves. They could have driven for the game winner, but could only manage a short pass to Burress and LT. After that it was 5 straight incompletions from Sanchez. (one that was almost picked) They needed a block punt and a gift wrapped int to get the win.

I tell it like it is. It has nothing to do with the Dolphins. I would be saying the same things had the Dolphins won the game like that.

and Dallas needed that INT to build their lead. Did we get breaks? yep, did we give breaks? yep but the bottom line is we made plays to win the game. We found a way to win when we probably shouldn't have.

So, would you say it didn't matter How the Dolphins got that last turnover in the 93 Thanksgiving game? It was not a stupid decision by Lett? All the credit goes to the Dolphins? Hey, they still had to recover it right? It was not a lucky play at all.

If you can't see a difference with Romo's fumble and pick compared to Sanchez's fumble and pick, then you must have some green shades on as well.

If Dallas runs the ball 2 more times, they probably score. If not, they still kick the field goal and go up by 10. Seeing as how the Jets Offense could not do anything in the 4th (Other than when Jenkins was injured and off the field) I seriously doubt the Jets get the win.

They do??? Really?
What did Dallas do on the ground all night? Nothing --- 26 carries for 64 yards. In fact, when they had the ball late with a chance to win they couldn't convert for a first on 2nd and 2, and then again on 3rd and 1. Not happening ... bring in the punt team ... beginning of the end.

As far as the Jets offense not doing anything in the 4th quarter ... could you possibly be more wrong?
As soon as Dallas went up 24-10 in the 4th (and you probably thought the game was over) Sanchez hit about 5 passes in a row to move right down the field ... 84 yards in 7 plays ... 26 yard TD pass to Plax ... 24-17 ... game on again.
And for the record, the next time we had the ball after the Romo fumble we moved from our 3 yard line to the Dallas 45 like a hot knife through butter and that's when Sanchez got hit from behind and lost the ball (you know, on that REAL turnover).

The Lett comparison is so ridiculous, I can't even comment on it other than to say that was actually a perfect example of a game being handed to a team by an opposing player.

The Romo fumble was caused because NOBODY was open. Bad things happen when QB's are forced to scramble in traffic. But I guess that had nothing to do with the coverage or the hit. maybe Romo was eating something greasy in the huddle.

it's luck man,all luck.

execution, prepration, gameplanning. none of that stuff matters. Resilience, determination..who needs it?. it's LUCK.

Man, the jets are so lucky they have a quarterback that can step up when it matters. he gets lucky every 4th quarter that he finds the right receiver. They're so lucky that they have athletic players and have drafted well for the most part over the last half decade. so lucky they picked one of the defensive minds in football as their head coach.

and man...were they lucky when they confused tom brady in the playoffs last year. How lucky was it that they managed to smother all their receivers in man to man coverage?

****in lucky

and man, the dolphins are SO unlucky. they need to burn sage in the locker room or draft room or something. chad henne doesn't suck, he's just unlucky. I mean, what kind of luck is it when you stare down a receiver and the DB jumps the route? Pretty damn unlucky, that's what it is.

and reggie bush? How unlucky is he that he gets injured all the time?

TOny sporano is a great coach, he's just extremely unlucky that he makes horrible decisions throughout the game.

I don't post here that often - unless a thread like this pops up on my own fan board...but the finfans posting about luck are looking like such morons.

Cmon guys - we all love football and the rivalry between fans is part of what makes it fun. But to put comments out there about luck is ridiculous. If you want to call it luck then fine but 3 years of "luck" popping up in a lot of games sounds more than just picking black or red on a roulette wheel.

This is the way the Jets play - fight to the bitter end. Houston, Clev, Det, Indy. But if you call it luck for us, then its luck for Green Bay, Chicago, and the Dolphins last year on those close wins. You can't have a double standard. If the jets are lucky for the wins, then the other teams were lucky to beat the Jets - your Fins included.

Be a man (or woman) and accept the fact the Jets are a good team. Lets see how much "luck" the Cowboys provide to the Dolphins this year.

They do??? Really?
What did Dallas do on the ground all night? Nothing --- 26 carries for 64 yards. In fact, when they had the ball late with a chance to win they couldn't convert for a first on 2nd and 2, and then again on 3rd and 1. Not happening ... bring in the punt team ... beginning of the end.

As far as the Jets offense not doing anything in the 4th quarter ... could you possibly be more wrong?
As soon as Dallas went up 24-10 in the 4th (and you probably thought the game was over) Sanchez hit about 5 passes in a row to move right down the field ... 84 yards in 7 plays ... 26 yard TD pass to Plax ... 24-17 ... game on again.
And for the record, the next time we had the ball after the Romo fumble we moved from our 3 yard line to the Dallas 45 like a hot knife through butter and that's when Sanchez got hit from behind and lost the ball (you know, on that REAL turnover).

The Lett comparison is so ridiculous, I can't even comment on it other than to say that was actually a perfect example of a game being handed to a team by an opposing player.

The Romo fumble was caused because NOBODY was open. Bad things happen when QB's are forced to scramble in traffic. But I guess that had nothing to do with the coverage or the hit. maybe Romo was eating something greasy in the huddle.

Just like the last time the Cowboys were on the Jets 1 right?

[video]http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011091112/2011/REG1/cowboys@jets#contentId=09000d5d82227be4&menu=highlights&tab=recap[/video]

Even if they get stopped, they kick a FG and go up 10. It was a stupid decision by the OC to call pass plays and a stupid decision by Romo to run for it. When your up by 7 and on the Jets 3, there is no reason to be so careless.

You do realize that the Jets were down 14 and the Cowboys secondary was a mash unit when Sanchez drove down the field in the 4th to cut it to 7 (it would have been at the very least a 10 point lead had the Cowboys not been so stupid) If Sanchez was moving the ball so well, then why did they have to punt with 1:10 left in the game, and why did Folk have to attempt a 50 yarder?

With Lett, it was just the one play that handed it to the Dolphins. With the Cowboys it was a few bad decisions / throws and one of the worst punt attempts I have seen in a while that handed it to the Jets. Both games were given away.

it's luck man,all luck.

Man, the jets are so lucky they have a quarterback that can step up when it matters. he gets lucky every 4th quarter that he finds the right receiver.

Sanchez has certainly done that, but I am talking about this game. Which WR did he find in the last 2 drives? All I remember is 5 straight incompletions and one that was nearly intercepted.

It's whatever. Cowboys gave Jets the game on a silver platter. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter because the Cowboys are an NFC team. All that matters is the Dolphins go out and beat the Patriots tonight.

I don't post here that often - unless a thread like this pops up on my own fan board...but the finfans posting about luck are looking like such morons.

Cmon guys - we all love football and the rivalry between fans is part of what makes it fun. But to put comments out there about luck is ridiculous. If you want to call it luck then fine but 3 years of "luck" popping up in a lot of games sounds more than just picking black or red on a roulette wheel.

This is the way the Jets play - fight to the bitter end. Houston, Clev, Det, Indy. But if you call it luck for us, then its luck for Green Bay, Chicago, and the Dolphins last year on those close wins. You can't have a double standard. If the jets are lucky for the wins, then the other teams were lucky to beat the Jets - your Fins included.

Be a man (or woman) and accept the fact the Jets are a good team. Lets see how much "luck" the Cowboys provide to the Dolphins this year.

The Jets are a good team. Doesn't change the fact that the Cowboys gave them the game. No other team in the league coughs up the ball on the goalline when they can go up 2 scores in the 4th quarter. You run the ball every down, and if you do pass, you play it safe. No other QB in the league throws that pick like Romo does. WTF was he looking at in the first place. The blocked punt, call it a great play design by Westhoff all you want, that's luck.

Just like the last time the Cowboys were on the Jets 1 right?

[video]http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011091112/2011/REG1/cowboys@jets#contentId=09000d5d82227be4&menu=highlights&tab=recap[/video]

Even if they get stopped, they kick a FG and go up 10. It was a stupid decision by the OC to call pass plays and a stupid decision by Romo to run for it. When your up by 7 and on the Jets 3, there is no reason to be so careless.

You do realize that the Jets were down 14 and the Cowboys secondary was a mash unit when Sanchez drove down the field in the 4th to cut it to 7 (it would have been at the very least a 10 point lead had the Cowboys not been so stupid) If Sanchez was moving the ball so well, then why did they have to punt with 1:10 left in the game, and why did Folk have to attempt a 50 yarder?

With Lett, it was just the one play that handed it to the Dolphins. With the Cowboys it was a few bad decisions / throws and one of the worst punt attempts I have seen in a while that handed it to the Jets. Both games were given away.

Having a hard time giving the Jets D some credit? Turnovers have become luck now? Since when? I remember Mike Devito stripping the ball out of Romo's hand. I don't remember Romo handing it to the D there. About the bad throw, I remember Revis turning around to look for the ball even before Dez did. I guess Revis was lucky somehow his head got turned around to look for the ball.

Sanchez has certainly done that, but I am talking about this game. Which WR did he find in the last 2 drives? All I remember is 5 straight incompletions and one that was nearly intercepted.

When u are working the sidelines, and the D knows it, its not easy. That near int seemed like a miscommunication, but others were all catachable passes. I guess those were just bad passes and not luck for the D though.

I never called it luck, but you can call it what you like. You want me to give credit for a player running unblocked through the line and blocking a punt? I would if I saw a Jets player shed a block and break through the line, but what I saw was a breakdown with the Cowboys. That play was because of a missed assignment by the Cowboys, not from anything the Jets did.

I give them credit for making the plays, but there is a big difference with the Cowboys fumble and int compared to the Jets fumble and int. Just watch the plays again. The Cowboys defense deserve more credit for those turnovers than the Jets do for the Cowboys turnovers.

The Cowboys gave that game away. It was a win for the Jets but not because they outplayed them. Any non bias fan knows that.

A win is a win, so enjoy it.

they are the luckiest team on earth, sanchez has had about 50 interceptions dropped, they get 70 % of all there fumbles, it seems that team fall apart aganist them in the 4 th quarter, luck can't last forever

The Jets are a good team. Doesn't change the fact that the Cowboys gave them the game. No other team in the league coughs up the ball on the goalline when they can go up 2 scores in the 4th quarter. You run the ball every down, and if you do pass, you play it safe. No other QB in the league throws that pick like Romo does. WTF was he looking at in the first place. The blocked punt, call it a great play design by Westhoff all you want, that's luck.

I will take a win no matter what!

they are the luckiest team on earth, sanchez has had about 50 interceptions dropped, they get 70 % of all there fumbles, it seems that team fall apart aganist them in the 4 th quarter, luck can't last forever

Well, I guess we'll just keep winning until that day finally comes. Thank God for all this luck we're getting.

Poor Dolphins. They looked really unlucky tonight ... especially on defense. That was really unlucky for them the way Brady kept finding wide open receivers all night long. And too bad that Welker had to catch that short pass and turn it into a 99 yard TD ... a really bad break that nobody was there to takle him. In fact, what is he even doing on the Patriots anyway?? The Dolphins had him and let him go. ****ty luck! And how lucky was it for the Patriots that their offensive line kept blowing huge holes in the Dolphin run defense all night? just bad luck ... What can you do? Some teams just get all the luck, and other teams can't catch a break no matter how well they play.

Back
Top Bottom