Luck Says "Yes" to Martin

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finfan54, Feb 26, 2014.

1. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

2. abNORMal

abNORMal A True Fan

Martin will leave Miami and become an All-Pro. Mark it down.

3. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Let Luck have him. Luck is used to poor pass pro since entering the league so Martin should fit in.

I wonder what Cherilus and Costanzo think of Luck's support for a bad OT.

4. Show Me Your TDs

Show Me Your TDs My head's on Fire!

Keep it up Luck and we might actually get a pick for him. The more interest league wide the better shape we are in....even if its just players coming out and saying what Luck did. This only helps.

5. Heinegrabber

Heinegrabber Since 84 Finheaven VIP

Wonder what Luck said about the back up RB they acquired last season.

6. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

Makes sense. Indy loves Dolphin O line rejects ( Samson Satele and Donald Thomas start there.)

Let Luck deal with the head case.

7. phinfan40353

phinfan40353 Scout Team

I've been thinking for a few weeks that Irsay would jump on this type of move to champion a bad moment and reunite his Franchise QB with a trusted friend to protect him.

Our experience aside, Martin would be a great fit at RT for them. And Irsay is the type that wants PR when it comes to improving his team. This has all the trappings of a perfect fit for both teams. I'd love to get a conditional 5th or 6th to become a 4th or 5th based on playing time. That would be decent value considering everything.

8. J Tes

J Tes next generation

Well they were both horrible so neither should be offended. Secondly they probably carry 4 tackles so thats 2 guys in the bench. Thirdly, I'm sure they just see a friend supporting a friend. You're trying real hard to stir up something

9. TrojanMAAAAN

TrojanMAAAAN Well-Known Member

Phins need to sit on his contract and force him to retire. Can't set a precedent that bad media exposure will get you a free release.

10. JEDIJ007

JEDIJ007 It's a trap! Finheaven VIP

Man. Luck need his ****** but buddy Martin. Both miss ****ing each other

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

11. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

:lol: Wait, you're serious?!?! :lol:

12. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Not as horrible as Martin.

13. abNORMal

abNORMal A True Fan

That will also help us attract free agents!!:rolleyes2:

14. tl77

tl77 Too high to fail

ya because most players in the league are on Martins side :rolleyes2:

15. abNORMal

abNORMal A True Fan

Seriously!! All-Pro right tackle J-Mart!! Think of the name recognition he has now, and if he becomes a starter in Indy or some other "winning" team (like SF) the fickle fans that just vote for names they recognize, will vote him in....

16. TrojanMAAAAN

TrojanMAAAAN Well-Known Member

Seriously? I don't think we need to bat our eyelashes and bake cookies for any Free Agents dude. You offer them the money, they will come...they don't care about Martin.

17. tl77

tl77 Too high to fail

fans don't vote for the All Pro team brah

18. abNORMal

abNORMal A True Fan

Doesn't matter what side they are on, you can't black ball a player and expect other players to want to play for a coach, gm, or owner that would do some ish like that.....cause you never know under what circumstances they would do it again.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Obviously I'm talking about the pro bowl, mah man...

19. utahphinsfan

utahphinsfan Puck Fitzburgh

Hopefully, Hickey makes a deal. I'd even pay for JM's plane ticket.... provided Irsay reimburses me.

20. TheJetsBlow

TheJetsBlow A True Fan

Just get this ****ing jerk-off out of here already. I'm beyond tired of hearing about him.

21. tl77

tl77 Too high to fail

1. you cant set a standard that any player can force his release, or any free agent you bring in could try that

2. Obviously? saying All Pro, twice, really makes it obvious. Maybe you just didn't know. Nothing to be ashamed about :)

22. abNORMal

abNORMal A True Fan

Hope your right, but that hasn't really been the case under Ross. Wayne H always got his man, Ross not so much, he did better last year, but they overpaid for every free agent signed last year...Wallace, ellerbee, wheeler, Gibson, Keller. Only one that was reasonable was grimes but that was due to injury...

23. abNORMal

abNORMal A True Fan

1. I don't think we have to worry about this happening again, besides if a dude is not happy playing for the fins he should be able to leave, forcing him to stay and bring down the rest of the teams moral is just dumb and not how winning teams are formed.

2. My bad, I'll try to not assume understanding when I'm not being lucid.

24. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin PowerHungryMo'fo

Send Martin to the Colts for Dwayne Allen. Colby Fleener is taking the majority of the snaps at TE. Allen been hurt (IR) as well.

25. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

Colts have been giving up picks for mediocre talent left and right, let's see if we can pluck another one from them.

26. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Good, send us a 6th round pick and you can have him Indianapolis.

27. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

why wouldn't luck want him on team. He did a good job of protecting him at Stanford. If we can get a pick great

28. Phishpunk@WCU

Phishpunk@WCU King of Fools Finheaven VIP Donator

if the Colts give a 3rd-4th rounder for him i'm game. if not, sit on Martin's contract and force his hand.

29. abNORMal

abNORMal A True Fan

Why drag out this circus? End it ASAP so our team can move forward.

30. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Fat chance

31. spiketex

spiketex Kiko Alonso - El Bravo 47 the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

Most on here still feel sorry for poor Richie and see Martin as the one at fault for being such a suitable receptacle to be bullied. I do not agree but I recognize that I'm in the minority. Martin, however, still has some value to the Dolphins. He was a legitimate 2nd round pick after a stellar college career, protecting the best young QB in the country. His first season in the NFL he had to learn a new position. He had to get a lot physically stronger and improve his technique. He had the misfortune to lose teammate Jake Long but then he got Richie Incognito as his O-line team leader who is clearly bipolar and maybe a sociopath who set about making Martin's life a total misery (Richie fined himself for mentally breaking Martin). Jmart also suffered from depression and he also had the misfortune to have Jim Turner as his O-line Coach who implemented a Judas code so that he could not speak up about his problems. He was lonely and didn't have any friends. After the cafeteria incident in which no one had the intelligence or initiative to try to resolve the matter on the spot, Martin left the facility and subsequently was effectively ostracized. The independent Ted Wells conducted a detailed investigation and found that there were issues associated with the culture and it lead to the O-line coach and Head Trainer getting fired.
    He's still a 6'5" 312 OT. His depression can be easily fixed with the right medication and some genuine friendships. If he can overcome the perception of trying to exploit the situation and a likely addiction to drugs, some team could get a bargain. A second rounder talent with something to prove.
    The irony is that we would probably be lucky to get a 6th round draft pick and a ham sandwich for him.
    Andrew Luck knows he can play. Standing up for his friend Jonathan is actually a display of leadership.

32. Fintastic2124

Fintastic2124 A True Fan

Martin is absolutely terrible. What has luck seen that suggests any different?

33. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

Let me ask you a question , please answer , lets say after we draft all the players we have 1-7 in the draft , and lets say each and every one of them , is thinking the same thing , that we dont want to play for this Franchise , not saying it will / would happen , but lets say it did , and each and every player bucked on us , saying they dont want to play for the Fins , WOULD YOU JUST CUT THEM >???????? , Well here is my answer , once you made a commitment to our team and sign the dotted line ,YOUR *** BELONGS TO THE Miami Dolphins , and from there on , until your contract is fullfilled we say what gose , NOT THE PLAYER , and just because you get pissed at a player on your team and walk out , dosent mean you can just go to another Team where say your best friend is playing , the team that drafted you Owns your rights , and if he didnt want to play for Miami he shouldnt have signed the contract , but theres alot of players on diffrent teams that dont like where they are at ,But its not there decesion where they will get to play thats why they are getting paid Millions , and as for Martin , he can take all the fits and tants he wants but i wouldnt let him walk just because his good buddy Luck is playing for the Colts and he wants to play with him , or , his Head Coach from college is now a a Head Coach in the Pros , and he wants to play there , ITS NOT UP TO MARTIN , BUT if a Team/Teams want him bad enough , they need to talk to the Miami Dolphins NOT Martin , because its not up to him where he plays and he can get pissed all he wants , if we can get a early 3rd , then i would do it , but no way i let him go for a 6th or 7th rd pk , i would rather keep him like Detroit did Barry Sanders , quote , you play for us , and show up for Tranning camp , exc... or we get a close pick for what we paid for you , or you can Retire , only way Martin can be traded is if Miami allows it and that would be the only way ........

34. 123phins

123phins Well-Known Member

dont care if luck says yes, let me know when their GM say yes

35. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

No way they would do that. They just gave up their 1st rounder.

SF is the one with extra picks this year. I want SF to work with us. I would even trade down with them in the first if who we really want is gone, pick up a 2nd rounder and maybe a 7th and throw in Martin just to say thank you!

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

yes but you couldnt ask for better advertising!

36. finjim

finjim Banned Hammered

that bridge can't be rebuilt. Take what you can get for him and move on.

He will probably get luck killed anyhow.

37. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

Yikes.

Some issues going on upstairs.

38. abNORMal

abNORMal A True Fan

I get what you're saying, but really dude if Martin or any of our other draft picks/ players don't want to be on our team so bad that they would go to the same lengths that Martin went to get out of Miami, then at some point you have to look at the management, coaches and owner and say wtf is it about our team culture that players hate. The martin situation is just one time happenstance, not chronic situation. That's why we should just let him go or try to trade him. There is no point in trying to punish a player that doesn't want to be here, by forcing him to stay. It's almost like if your wife wants a divorce after trying to work it out, and you refuse to cooperate. Ideally you want the best players and you want them to want to be here....Martin is neither at this point. Gotta cut his *** loose (Incognito, too) and make room for the next players...in short if your worried about this happening again, then the problem ain't the players, it's the management and forcing Martin to stay won't fix management. to me it's just a weird series of events that we need to move on from....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  39. Krush

Krush Finaholic Donator

good, he's already an all pro at being a momma's boy!

40. Cleetus

Cleetus Well-Known Member

good for him, I hope this sideshow does end up in our conference