Luck vs. Weeden in the Fiesta Bowl | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luck vs. Weeden in the Fiesta Bowl

Of course. My point is that I don't *need* to compare him to Calvin Johnson (and I wouldn't). It's pointless to me. Blackmon stands on his own. He's a beast.

and you weren't the one asking if it was a stretch to make the comparison...but you're right he's a beast no doubt...its like a man playin against boys out here against stanford...or i guess you could say brandon weeden playing against college kids...whoops did i mention that...ha ha

At the half I'd say all the top prospects have done there part. Luck and Weedon have both settled, Blackmon is dominant as is Stanford offensive line, especially Martin at left tackle. Really good, entertaing game and I still wish OSU got the chance to play LSU.

he's got eyes for blackmon a bit too much...but i guess you can't blame him given what a mismatch he is out there

Yeah you've got to get the ball to Blackmon.

Weeden is having a nice game, but still not impressed by him. I am VERY impressed with Blackmon though. I know WR isn't a huge need, but wow this kid is something.

and you weren't the one asking if it was a stretch to make the comparison...but you're right he's a beast no doubt...its like a man playin against boys out here against stanford...or i guess you could say brandon weeden playing against college kids...whoops did i mention that...ha ha

Fair enough, my apologies.

i'm not sure i like weedens feel for pressure...he likes to step sideways and throw with all arm...good thing he's got a big arm

Weeden is actually getting better as the game goes on. It will be interesting if he can maintain it in the second half.

He has settled down a lot, but as a draft prospect this game has only reinforced my opinion on him. His ball placement hasn't been that great and in the NFL that will really hurt him. I also feel like Blackmon is making him look a little better than he is playing.

I think Weeden will be a fine backup in the NFL; I just don't see him making it as a starter in the league though.

After Beck I want no part of a 28 year old rookies. I know they're different players but that whole experience sucked.

i'm not seeing anywhere near the amount of shifting at the los that stanfords o showed va tech last year in the bowl game...jim harbaugh must have took that with him...that stuff blew va tech dc bud fosters mind

After Beck I want no part of a 28 year old rookies. I know they're different players but that whole experience sucked.

I think it's fair to compare to a point.

My problem with it is that they're phsically mature going against 19-21 year old kids. Even the best 19-21 year old kids are still developing while Weeden/Beck/Weinke are physically at their peak. I don't think you get an accurate assessment of their abilities because of this. Remember a lot of people were saying Beck blew them away on tape and thought we were getting a steal.

weedens got 1st round physical tools...but that age thing...it matters...matters a lot

Back
Top Bottom