Madmic21's Realistic look at Game 1. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madmic21's Realistic look at Game 1.

madmic21

Active Roster
Reaction score
Alright guys after a time to sit back and relax and realistically look at the game I will offer some opinions, positive, and negative. I am generally Super Optimistic some of you may have noticed, so take that into consideration when reading the following. Please bear with me if this is too long...:lol:

First the positives.
1. Our overall defense-We swarmed the ball everywhere. We hit hard. And if it wasn't for 1 bad play (the Td) this would have been a near flawless Defensive performance.

2. Our front 3 or 4 pressure- I thought the push was fantastic. We saw the Bills oline getting shoved off the line instantly all game.

3. Jason Allen-He just stepped up thats all. 1 int drop from being a perfect game. And the long ball he got beat on he played like a seasoned veteran. These plays happen to all CB's and I thought he handled it well.

4. Chad Henne- Showed accuracy, arm strength, poise, and the ability to go through his progressions. I think the combination of a pretty good secondary, a road opener, and the first game at full speed he showed some real potential. Now if we can get Henning to release the chains we may have something.

5. Cameron Wake- Wasn't a huge stat game but he pressured a lot and showed some smarts on knocking down balls. I saw signs that show he can be a little more than just a pass rusher. With that said I think he will be a heck of a pass rusher for us this year.

And the Negatives
1. We left at least 38 seconds on the clock on our second to last drive. Not to mention the Henne audible to pass. We should have easily burned the 2 minute warning and a couple timeouts on that possesion. If we are gonna be a defense/run team we have to manage clock at the end of the game.
2. Our offensive playcall. We still seem to have a knack for killing drives. Henne has showed he can manage games. Not that I am against the power game mentallity but we can still release the reigns and quit with the boneheaded momentum killing calls.
3. Hartline- He wasn't horrible but he really wasn't there. I really think that Bess will see a lot of balls headed his way if Hartline doesn't step up. With that said. It was game 1.
4-Special Teams- Fields had a good kick when we needed it but it wasn't his best game. Carpenter missed a kick he makes and had a kickoff go out of bounds. Our return D was Ok. But I am hoping that the return game improves. It would be nice for that to be a threat rather than just hoping that we don't turn it over.
5. Dropped Ints that cost us most likely 14 points. Good teams take advantage of these. I hope that we do so in the future

I kind of had to stretch to find 5 negatives. But there you go. I am sure that I could name a few more positives but that is good for the thread. Bottom line is we won a game 1 on the road against a Division opponent. I don't think the Bills will win a lot of games this year but they are decent defensively and I think that Running Back combo could give folks trouble down the line.

Guess the Title should have been, "We will be lucky to win another F*&%$$# game this year" LMAO

good write up , I totally agree with your observations..
there was a negative you did forget to mention. Special Teams.
the coverage has not gotten better,( with exception to 1 play where we pinned the bills inside the 1). Fields punts are horrible, and it seems to be contagious because Carpenter missed an easy FG in the 2nd quarter

good write up , I totally agree with your observations..
there was a negative you did forget to mention. Special Teams. the coverage has gotten better with exception to 1 play where they
pinned the bills inside the 1. Fields punts are horrible, and it seems to be contagious because Carpenter missed an easy FG in the 2nd quarter

Thanks, I did list special teams as negative number 4 though?

Good write up, only thing i disagree with is Henning taking the reins of the offense.....I dont want Henne throwing more than 30-35 times a game unless he has to....today he didnt have to, next week maybe a different story....I hope not, not sure if the offense is ready for this yet.

Good write up, only thing i disagree with is Henning taking the reins of the offense.....I dont want Henne throwing more than 30-35 times a game unless he has to....today he didnt have to, next week maybe a different story....I hope not, not sure if the offense is ready for this yet.

I should clarify. I don't want Henne chucking 35 times either. This team is a run first team. But I am a little frustrated with the same old sideline routes, ect. I would rather see a few more balls down the field, with care being demonstrated. I don't know how many medium to deep patterns were ran today, hard to tell on the telecast on tv. I would rather see a few more deep incompletions than base wildcat plays smashed into the line of scrimmage, or useless checkdowns. I think 4 one it would spread the D and give our run game some space. Heck I am sure that the gameplan today was win the game on D and keep field positon in our favor, but I thought the Bills were stacking the box a lot and we may have had some shots to take down the field.

Nice post.

I would leave Henne off the positives, but wouldnt necessarily say he was a negative either. He didnt make any mistakes. No turnovers was a HUGE positive. However Henne seemed to miss a lot of open WRs, specifically Marshall on the deep ball and also Marshall on another out pattern. He has gotten better at the short passes, but I really want to see him be more accurate on the deep ball.

I am also adding Odrick and Misi to the list of positives. Thought they looked really good out there. A lot of people forgot about Misi's huge sack because Culver got beat the next play for a td....but because of Misi the game really should have been sealed. And his pass rush was what people had criticized him for coming in.

Outstanding writeup - right on target

Alright guys after a time to sit back and relax and realistically look at the game I will offer some opinions, positive, and negative. I am generally Super Optimistic some of you may have noticed, so take that into consideration when reading the following. Please bear with me if this is too long...:lol:

First the positives.
1. Our overall defense-We swarmed the ball everywhere. We hit hard. And if it wasn't for 1 bad play (the Td) this would have been a near flawless Defensive performance.

2. Our front 3 or 4 pressure- I thought the push was fantastic. We saw the Bills oline getting shoved off the line instantly all game.

3. Jason Allen-He just stepped up thats all. 1 int drop from being a perfect game. And the long ball he got beat on he played like a seasoned veteran. These plays happen to all CB's and I thought he handled it well.

4. Chad Henne- Showed accuracy, arm strength, poise, and the ability to go through his progressions. I think the combination of a pretty good secondary, a road opener, and the first game at full speed he showed some real potential. Now if we can get Henning to release the chains we may have something.

5. Cameron Wake- Wasn't a huge stat game but he pressured a lot and showed some smarts on knocking down balls. I saw signs that show he can be a little more than just a pass rusher. With that said I think he will be a heck of a pass rusher for us this year.

And the Negatives
1. We left at least 38 seconds on the clock on our second to last drive. Not to mention the Henne audible to pass. We should have easily burned the 2 minute warning and a couple timeouts on that possesion. If we are gonna be a defense/run team we have to manage clock at the end of the game.
2. Our offensive playcall. We still seem to have a knack for killing drives. Henne has showed he can manage games. Not that I am against the power game mentallity but we can still release the reigns and quit with the boneheaded momentum killing calls.
3. Hartline- He wasn't horrible but he really wasn't there. I really think that Bess will see a lot of balls headed his way if Hartline doesn't step up. With that said. It was game 1.
4-Special Teams- Fields had a good kick when we needed it but it wasn't his best game. Carpenter missed a kick he makes and had a kickoff go out of bounds. Our return D was Ok. But I am hoping that the return game improves. It would be nice for that to be a threat rather than just hoping that we don't turn it over.
5. Dropped Ints that cost us most likely 14 points. Good teams take advantage of these. I hope that we do so in the future

I kind of had to stretch to find 5 negatives. But there you go. I am sure that I could name a few more positives but that is good for the thread. Bottom line is we won a game 1 on the road against a Division opponent. I don't think the Bills will win a lot of games this year but they are decent defensively and I think that Running Back combo could give folks trouble down the line.

I only got to listen to the game, but the announcers said something about a pretty good wind during the 2nd bad punt. How much of factor was the wind during the missed field goal and the 2 bad punts? The announcers made it sound like the 2 bad punts were into the wind, and that was the reason they were so short. Nobody mentioned the wind on the missed FG.

Back
Top Bottom