Madrid's 2nd and last mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madrid's 2nd and last mock

madridfinfan

Rookie
Reaction score
I realize that mocking drafts isn't so different from playing the lottery. Maybe you hit on one prospect, the rest is all the music of chance...

Needless to say, its a virtual game which pretty much always leads to disappointment, anger, a punched hole in the wall or a broken tv (and foot).

With so many extraneous variables to account for, THIS draft (I seem to think this every year) should be full of suspense and (hopefully pleasant) surprises. There are so many ways we can go in this draft, each strategy probably justifiable, but more likely to be ridiculed. Without further ado, here it goes.

1 DE Carredine
2 CB Hayden
2 OT Armstead
3 TE Kelce
3 OLB chase Thomas
4 FS Swearinger
5 CB Hawthorne
5 ILB Klein
7 OG Uzzi
7 WR Marquess Wilson 
7 K Sturges

I know we need another RB to complement Miller (Michael in the 3rd?).

It also kills me, with the depth at WR to not have picked one in rds 2-3. I just think that with the signing of Wallace, hartline and gibson, the FO will most likely wait til later rounds. Wilsson is a guy with round 2-3 talent that should drop.

If Swope, Bailey, Rogers are there in round 3B, chase Thomas would be the odd man out in this mock.

I like Carredine but I have a hard time believing any team will draft him in the top fifteen only five months removed from a torn ACL.

decent, but I don't want losing chance for drafting 2nd/3rd WRs in this draft.
We should grab one of Hunter, Patton, Wheaton, Hopkins, Bailey, Swope, Woods.

Totally agree clutch. Would be happy with any of those guys. We should have to foresee that bess is mota likely gone and Matthews is still unproven.

If I were GM I'd draft a WR in the 2nd. This mock is a combo of how I'd like to see it go, and how the FO probably sees it.

Get it, tho this years WRs are so deep to skip them.
BTW, add Keenan Allen to the list after posting horrible 40s.

Totally agree clutch. Would be happy with any of those guys. We should have to foresee that bess is mota likely gone and Matthews is still unproven.

If I were GM I'd draft a WR in the 2nd. This mock is a combo of how I'd like to see it go, and how the FO probably sees it.

Very solid draft,I like it and beleive its reasonable where you have the prospects being drafted.Although our top 2 picks coming off season ending injuries concerns me somewhat.Could pay off big down the road.

I like your 2's. Tank at 12 is a monumental reach.

I guess putting Werner in at 12 would work (ansah, Jordan, etc should be gone, not sold on mingo).

Yeah definitely a gamble. At some point, you're either gambling on potential or rehab proceas. Based on the advances on exercise rehab and sports medicine now, I'll hedge my bets on the rehab process of a legit player than crossing my fingers that a players game will translate.

Haydens injury scares me more as that was a freak 1/10000000 accident. Don't know if any athlete has ever had that.

Love the names, top to bottom. Your amendment to swap Thomas for a WR ices the cake. I would be shocked to see Wilson on the board that low.

XXX Sexy mock!

RW

I realize that mocking drafts isn't so different from playing the lottery. Maybe you hit on one prospect, the rest is all the music of chance...

Needless to say, its a virtual game which pretty much always leads to disappointment, anger, a punched hole in the wall or a broken tv (and foot).

With so many extraneous variables to account for, THIS draft (I seem to think this every year) should be full of suspense and (hopefully pleasant) surprises. There are so many ways we can go in this draft, each strategy probably justifiable, but more likely to be ridiculed. Without further ado, here it goes.

1 DE Carredine
2 CB Hayden
2 OT Armstead
3 TE Kelce
3 OLB Chase Thomas
4 FS Swearinger
5 CB Hawthorne
5 ILB Klein
7 OG Uzzi
7 WR Marquess Wilson 
7 K Sturges
I respect your opinion but have no love for your picks, sounds like over-drafting at each round.

Cornellius "Tank" Carradine makes no sense at #12 as he's has talent, but is too slow for pro-level and will require a year to prepare, at my own draft board he's a 2nd round option, nothing close to 12th spot overall.

Video shows great things on D.J. Hayden but he was playing at AAC, so several things must be moderated while analyzing tapes. Yet this could be a valuable asset, he's going to be torched a lot in his first two seasons.

Terron Armstead needs a lot of work on his techniques, his SWAC stats could lead to confusion and as this pick is designed to protect Ryan Tannehill with a quality RT, it's a shame he won't be worth of starting in 2013.

I don't have a detailed inspection on Travis Kelce, but within few minutes of video analysis it's easy to see Gavin Escobar is a better TE and would prefer him as second 2nd rounder over Armstead. Assuming Escobar is out of the board on that pick, Kelce could serve but will require some patience.

Chase Thomas makes a lot of sense here but after using your 5 top picks, I just see a valuable starter for 2013 and that's somehow wrong.

On the rest I can't complain all of them are roster bodies that could pan out.

Back
Top Bottom