Malik Hooker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Malik Hooker

ButchFragrance

Active Roster
Reaction score
I understand he will be long gone by the time we draft, but he is a kid from my home town, and I was just wondering what the thoughts outside of my town are on him....... Kid is a great kid and a 100% class act.

I know alot of people want us to go with a LB first, but Malik is at the top of my wishlist.

Nice to hear that he is a high-character kid on top of it:)

Probably the first Safety off the board. Range for days, and he's plenty physical. He's an Eric Berry/Earl Thomas caliber prospect.

Agree with Phinatic8u that he's more similar to Ed Reed than just about anyone since Ed Reed.

Probably the first Safety off the board. Range for days, and he's plenty physical. He's an Eric Berry/Earl Thomas caliber prospect.

Agree with Phinatic8u that he's more similar to Ed Reed than just about anyone since Ed Reed.

He won't fall to us though right?

He won't fall to us though right?

I can't see it happening, but you never know. And, while there is only one M. Hooker in the draft. The Safety group is as deep as it is strong at the top. There will be 3rd and 4th RD picks better than 1st and 2nd RD picks from recent years.

Hooker declared....

Doubt he makes it to us, the only safety in college I would put ahead of Derwin James and that is high praise. If he fell, you have to grab him even if he is not a "need"...

If the phins go secondary in rd 1; my preference is Adoree Jackson provided he declares.

It would upgrade CB depth & the the return game

If the phins go secondary in rd 1; my preference is Adoree Jackson provided he declares.

It would upgrade CB depth & the the return game

rossed.0.gif

Nah.

Besides Patrick Peterson in his first season, which good DB has played both defense and ST?

Adoree Jackson is seriously over rated imo. He is a absolute stud on special teams, but he is a repeat of The Ginn Family all over again.

I dunno about spending a first round pick on him, i feel confident we could find another on the next street corner.

Plus, we'd be risking the franchise every time we give him a game check, the police could barge in at anytime. Not that he'd accept checks: cash only.

The incentives in his contract would be fascinating, though i'd insist on protection.

He's the kind of talent you trade up for.

I agree. I just don't know that you'd do it in the 2017 Draft - because there are so many quality Safeties available. In no order, these are Safeties I like:

Seniors

Kai Nacua
Eddie Jackson
Tedric Thompson
Xavier Woods
Nate Gerry
Weston Steelhammer
Orion Stewart
Jordan Stems
Justin Evans
Obi Melifonwu
Randall Goforth
Shalom Luani

UC

Marcus Williams
Jamal Adams
Jabril Peppers
Budda Baker

I have Hooker at the top of that group, but traditing up for him - given Miami's needs at DE and LB - when these other Safeties will be available at various slots doesn't look like the best value. Q. Blanding, D. Sanders, and A. Watts are also good looking prospects, but I think they were wise to return. They'd stand out in other classes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. I just don't know that you'd do it in the 2017 Draft - because there are so many quality Safeties available. In no order, these are Safeties I like:

Seniors

Kai Nacua
Eddie Jackson
Tedric Thompson
Xavier Woods
Nate Gerry
Weston Steelhammer
Orion Stewart
Jordan Stems
Justin Evans
Obi Melifonwu
Randall Goforth
Shalom Luani

UC

Marcus Williams
Jamal Adams
Jabril Peppers
Budda Baker

I have Hooker at the top of that group, but traditing up for him - given Miami's needs at DE and LB - when these other Safeties will be available at various slots doesn't look like the best value. Q. Blanding, D. Sanders, and A. Watts are also good looking prospects, but I think they were wise to return. They'd stand out in other classes.

Oh of course Miami can't trade up for him, but he's the kind of player teams do trade up for.

I wouldn't be mad if Miami did, having an elite FS is almost as important as having a elite MLB.

Back
Top Bottom