Mando: Ireland going "all in" this offseason, good read! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando: Ireland going "all in" this offseason, good read!

You made the request, why don't you look it up since you're so intent on telling us how "Ireland sucks" a thousand times. He's our damn GM whether you or I like it or not...what happened his first 3-4 years is all a moot point now. It's all about now and beyond with Jeff. He's got the resources to turn this team into a playoff team. If he doesn't get it done this year with what he has to work with, he's gone. Then you can go throw the biggest party in Miami and we won't have to put up with the "Fire Ireland" threads and posts every hour. It's a win win.
Pretty sure my first post on this thread already stated that. And I don't need to look it up I know Ireland has done nothing. The rest of you Irelanders don't.

I don't like Ireland, and I think he should be replaced.

That being said, I realize he does have us in a pretty desirable position cap/picks wise and he will have the opportunity to see it through. The Dolphins can be losers next year and although many people won't be satisfied with that (including myself) . . . I can give Jeff Ireland a break if he just does his best by getting top notch players down here and make this team and enjoyable one to watch again. Sure we all enjoy the Dolphins on Sundays, we are hardcore fans . . . but lets be honest, they are boring as hell at times and I'm just sick and tired of it. Jeff, do your job and hit on your draft picks and bring in some solid free agents and lets get that damn stadium rocking again.

To summarize the situation, our owner didn't consider himself the owner until very recently, and our general manager didn't think he was expected to do anything.

Hopefully "all in" doesn't mean waiting until the 4th round to draft a receiver.lol

The franchise being set back 5 years is a win-win? :confused:

Did we invent a time machine or something? Is this 2007 all over again? It sure doesn't seem like it. What's done is done. We've got to build on what we have, not keep rehashing the mistakes of past Miami Dolphins seasons. I can admit Ireland and the rest of the team has made it's fair share of mistakes, but does bringing them up every other thread accomplish anything? I'm looking forward what Ross, Ireland, Philbin and the team can do to improve the team next season...not what happened 2....3...five years ago.

And who the hell is content with .500 or losing football??? This is some of the the biggest load of BS I read on these forums. Just because someone chooses to "support" Ireland or anyone else on this team for that matter, doesn't mean they're content with losing football. I sure as hell am not. I've just come to the realization that complaining about Ireland all day isn't going to change anything about the team or who runs it.
Hey...I agree with you,that nobody should be content with .500/below results.I'm sure as Hell not.It pisses me off.But two things have been a constant.Our below par results.....and Ireland at the helm.It's like he's not held accountable for anything.He keeps getting a free-pass.He's also one of the last pieces left from a horribly failed Parcells experiment.I'm fine with anybody/everybody disagreeing with me.I'm just sick of losing.....and Ross keeps letting his stooge run things.

I'm glad he's taking total responsibility for this offseason. I don't hate or like Ireland because of the transition of personnel decisions that was after 2010. I see he's picked up and retained a few awesome players (Jones, Pouncey, Tannehill, Solai) and he's made some dumb moves here and there (Artis Hicks, Richard Marshall, Vontae Davis, Michael Egnew). That's fine with me, you don't hit 100% in the NFL. As long as he's man enough to take the blame for this upcoming offseason I respect the guy and wish him, the team, and all his decisions well.

LMAO!!!! He said "I think this is the year you've got to do something"????? What a joke Ireland is.What about about the other years?He waits until he's on the Hot Seat,before he feels he's gotta do something to turn us around? Leaves me speechless...."I HATE HIM AS OUR GM"!!!!!

It's not rocket science, dude. Ever since the Tuna left, Ireland obviously has been making his moves for a year like this. Almost 50 million in cap space and so many top draft picks to use. So many ppl just act like when the Tuna was here, he wasn't essentially the acting GM.

cordarellee patterson is a home run everytime he is on the field take him mr.ireland...

This will be his what, 6th year as GM? When the hell are we suppose to be expecting a Super Bowl contending team then? Do we have to wait till he's on his 10th year term for that? Teams go from very bad to playoffs in a single offseason all the damn time, ALL THE DAMN TIME. Except for the Miami Acorns.

If we're not competing for the division title in Week 16, then he has ****ed us again.

The ****ing Colts had a worst record than us, they looked pitiful on all three phases of the game, and they not only went to the playoffs after one offseason, but are now back to taking over their division AGAIN.

I have a request, someone list me significant moves the GOAT GM Jeff Ireland has done to improve our franchise and please, compare that list to Grigson's one offseason list.

Andrew Luck is a one in a generation talent.

I love this false narrative that Ireland "has" to hit this offseason or he's in real trouble.

Wheres the proof for that attitude? From all the evidence we have, the guy is completely bulletproof. Jerry Jones has less job security than Ireland. I have my sig set to Ross declaring his expectations of making the playoffs. A losing season later, Ross is still convinced everything is acceptable.

I have every expectation of reading this article again a year from now. Granted, the year will change and the free agent bust example will be different, but hey this time Ireland is in real trouble because he cant blame it on....ugh....well, im sure someone will be thrown under the bus.

The Colts are a paper tiger, just like Miami in 2008. We thought we were on the upswing too and look what happened? Best of luck to them getting those lucky bounces again.

Seriously, you guys are getting so repetitive it's driving me nuts. JUST STOP. WAIT IT OUT. WE HAVE HIM FOR AT LEAST ANOTHER YEAR.

Back
Top Bottom