Mando: Stephen Morris, UofM QB On Phins Radar | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando: Stephen Morris, UofM QB On Phins Radar

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Rooted hard for Morris, but realistically, a genuine interest in him would definitely dim any faith I've built up in Hickey.

The Dolphins had University of Miami quarterback Stephen Morris at their facility last week as one of the "locals" visits they're allowed. Coaches also had dinner with Morris the night before the visit. And it should be noted that general manager Dennis Hickey and coach Joe Philbin attended the University of Miami Pro Day where Morris showed his skills two weeks ago.
Morris, I'm told, has impressed several Dolphins people -- including general manager Dennis Hickey -- with his maturity, intelligence and overall approach.
So does this mean the team is going to draft Stephen Morris?
That is not certain. But it means Morris is on the radar and the Dolphins are doing their due diligence on him.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...rris-on-the-dolphins-radar.html#storylink=cpy

The team is meeting with lots of players....many of them will not even be thought of on draft day, some they never meet will be picked....

[video=youtube;e5TFXgCnZeI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=e5TFXgCnZeI[/video]

He is a very good athlete, and has a great arm. Struggled his senior season, but he injured his leg very early in the season and wasn't right for the remainder of the year. Struggles with accuracy at times. I think he's a solid developmental prospect. Before the season started there were people thinking he'd go in the second or third round, but he has dropped because of his bad senior season. IMHO his poor play relative to his junior season was entirely because of his injury. I wouldn't touch him before the 6th and probably would wait until the 7th or hope you get him as an UDFA. All that depends on how bad the Fins really want to dump Moore or Devlin, and what QB's are still around late. I really think he has the physical skill set to be an NFL starter, but have no idea if his mechanics or mental makeup are good enough to get him there. Cane fans have largely turned on him after the poor senior season. When he is on though he can make all the throws.

UDFA....Camp Invite.

Everyone got excited two years back when Jacory Harris from The U was also on the Fins "radar".

Cut, went to the Eagles, cut....now in the CFL with the Eskimos.

As a ball boy maybe, other than that, he is useless.

This is just a courtesy invite since we have pretty much unlimited local invites. There's NO way we draft this guy, and if we do, then I seriously question our scouts and FO. I'm a U fan and I know enough to stay away from this guy. Was way too inconsistent in college and would be a downgrade compared to anything on our current roster.
Nothing to see here, folks. Move along, move along.

Hes as gifted a passer as anyone but everything else says he won't be any good. Not good at progressions, decision making, etc

Yeah obviously don't draft him because we all know 100% that he will flop in the NFL......

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk

Rooted hard for Morris, but realistically, a genuine interest in him would definitely dim any faith I've built up in Hickey.

I don't know anything about Morris but if we aren't looking to replace Moore and his $4 million to be a backup then I will lose some faith in Hickey. To me this is the perfect time to add a young QB to groom behind Tannehill.

Not only did they invite him, they took him to dinner. Do they take all visits to dinner?

I also think his problems arose from injury. I bet the Canes wish they had him for one more year.

This is called farming views lol we did this with the um punter (and loads of the team) and somehow I suspect fields is safe and I see no story

Back
Top Bottom