Manning Worst Super Bowl QB Ever | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manning Worst Super Bowl QB Ever

I think I am little perturbed for having clicked on such a nonsensical article with zero football intellect and filled with rubbish based on statistics alone.

I didnt read the article, but Manning (at this point in his career) is probably one of the worst in recent years. Certainly not ever, though. Gotta go back to Rex Grossman in Chicago for worse. Kaep is garbage now, but he played very well that season once he too over as starter IIRC.

I didnt read the article, but Manning (at this point in his career) is probably one of the worst in recent years. Certainly not ever, though. Gotta go back to Rex Grossman in Chicago for worse. Kaep is garbage now, but he played very well that season once he too over as starter IIRC.

Certainly, but the factor not discussed for Manning in the article is his superior knowledge of the game and how that internal capability is able to somewhat offset his current physical abilities. Manning's unrivaled intellect for the game puts him head and shoulders above just about any QB now or ever. It's a grossly written article founded off what too many claim to think the game is all about; a fantasy football realm based solely on statistical information.

Certainly, but the factor not discussed for Manning in the article is his superior knowledge of the game and how that internal capability is able to somewhat offset his current physical abilities. Manning's unrivaled intellect for the game puts him head and shoulders above just about any QB now or ever. It's a grossly written article founded off what too many claim to think the game is all about; a fantasy football realm based solely on statistical information.

This is what I think. I don't think they make it this far with Osweiler. Peyton, even on running plays, can scan the defense and change the play to fit what the D is doing. Even if that means running left instead of right.

Amazing

Dennis and Callahan ‏@DandCShow 3h3 hours ago
I was just told by a current ESPN anchor that all ESPN employees were told not to report or discuss the Daily News story on Peyton Manning.

Manning had a bad performance b/c he's physically shot. That's a ton of difference compared to slobs like Grossman or Dilfer who didn't do **** which is due to their inferior talent level.

Amazing

Dennis and Callahan ‏@DandCShow 3h3 hours ago
I was just told by a current ESPN anchor that all ESPN employees were told not to report or discuss the Daily News story on Peyton Manning.

:lol: Well Le Batard is probably in trouble for talking about it this morning. I'm amazed that people are just now learning about that incident. We've known about that for years. Regardless, that article was grossly overwritten with an agenda (remarkably one-sided) by someone with very little legal knowledge and a credibility issue.

As for the Super Bowl, Manning did his job which was to manage the game and let that defense take care of everything else. It's just amazing how he was an MVP candidate through much of last season and then just completely hit a brick wall. I personally watched him dissect a Dolphins defense in Denver that had been playing well up to that point. But then his production fell off late in the year and they got knocked out by Andrew in the Divisional round. And then this season happened and he was a disaster. He clearly has nothing left and he's evidently told his close friends that it's over.

:lol: Well Le Batard is probably in trouble for talking about it this morning. I'm amazed that people are just now learning about that incident. We've known about that for years. Regardless, that article was grossly overwritten with an agenda (remarkably one-sided) by someone with very little legal knowledge and a credibility issue.

As for the Super Bowl, Manning did his job which was to manage the game and let that defense take care of everything else. It's just amazing how he was an MVP candidate through much of last season and then just completely hit a brick wall. I personally watched him dissect a Dolphins defense in Denver that had been playing well up to that point. But then his production fell off late in the year and they got knocked out by Andrew in the Divisional round. And then this season happened and he was a disaster. He clearly has nothing left and he's evidently told his close friends that it's over.

He did not do his job, he was awful. He kept Carolina in a game that denver should have won by 3 TDs. they won which is ultimately all that matters but peyton Manning was atrocious.

He did not do his job, he was awful. He kept Carolina in a game that denver should have won by 3 TDs. they won which is ultimately all that matters but peyton Manning was atrocious.

His body is shot. He needs to retire.

ok but that doesn't change the fact that he was awful. He did not do his job, he was fortunate his D played incredible football.

I explained why he was awful. If he was 5 years younger he wouldn't have had a bad game that was due to his limited skillset at this point in his career.

Back
Top Bottom