MANNNY articles. read! read! read! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MANNNY articles. read! read! read!

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Which article is about manny wright?

That's what I was looking for.... Smooth move ex-lax, uh-I mean SR 7.

I thought u meant articles about Manny, as in Wright, the future of our DL. But, great post. Thanks for the info. Question: do we go after Brees and McGinist if there's no extension? These guys are going to want relatively large signing bonuses, I'm assuming - Brees because of his shoulder, McGinest because of his age - and since we're already close to the cap, with the shortened prorating period and limited salary increases, it sounds like we won't be far enough under to sign to big name guys like that. Besides, both players have multiple suitors and their prices will get bid up - someone is going to end up paying them alot of money, I don't see us being the ones to do that in our situation, especially since it looks more and more like we're in a real youth movement/rebuilding period.

Secondly, does anyone else find it scary that we basically have 1.5 QBs on the roster (Lemon and Berlin), neither of which has any NFL game experience, in a pretty bad QB free agency market - the best options out there are guys with bum throwing shoulders (Brees, Pennington). Even if we get our starter from the draft, it's a little worrisome from a depth standpoint. I think we're going to sign Josh McCown - he was average last year and will probably come cheap. I guess we're left hoping that Cutler falls to us, whereas a week ago I thought we had the luxury of waiting at 16 and getting Cutler, Justice/McNeill, or the best remaining DB or LB.

Finally, I still say our faith in Ricky is vindicated and would love to see him in a Fins jersey again next year, especially with our questions at QB.

I don't think we're screwed if we get rid of Lance Schulters. Sometimes people don't see the forest for the trees.

Our secondary sucked last year. Yet, Travis Daniels did well.

So why should it be surprising when we get rid of three of our four starters in the secondary?

You gotta clear some dead wood if you want to rebuild something.

ckparrothead said:
I don't think we're screwed if we get rid of Lance Schulters. Sometimes people don't see the forest for the trees.

So why should it be surprising when we get rid of three of our four starters in the secondary?

who is going to replace the dead wood then b/c the possibly good DB in the FA are going to eb overpriced and we dont have enough pics for the draft.

as bad as our secondary could possibly be, the WR in our division are even worse.

Only sent a scount to watch Jacobs.

Then ESPN's John Clayton quoted Young's agent as saying he took the test again and scored a 16. But profootballtalk.com, which breaks a lot of stories, said some believe the test was graded properly and someone ''cobbled together the grading error excuse'' because Texas coach Mack Brown was upset about the leak.

Some how that wouldn't surprise me.

big0mar said:
as bad as our secondary could possibly be, the WR in our division are even worse.

and we still abrely beat those teams. more excuses and not looking at reality

ckparrothead said:

I thought Bell came on well during the second half of the season.

Interesting, did anyone else notice that the Fins sent our scouts rather than Garrett to Jacobs workout...is that a sign that we aren't too interested in him or is it a ruse to show disinterest to throw other teams off ?? You never know....

Back
Top Bottom