Manny Lawson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manny Lawson

I'd much rather take Huff though if it comes between a large CB or a DE.

Our defense is getting old in many areas and perhaps we can't go with a 100 men roster, our defensive line may use some room to have rotating players in order to balance the load and enlarge health in players like JT and ZT.
I also would first pick an outstanding bulky DT than speedy DE, but perhaps a Samuel style guy may impact better.

MexDolfan said:
Our defense is getting old in many areas and perhaps we can't go with a 100 men roster, our defensive line may use some room to have rotating players in order to balance the load and enlarge health in players like JT and ZT.
I also would first pick an outstanding bulky DT than speedy DE, but perhaps a Samuel style guy may impact better.
Remember we still have Manny and Vickerson. We should make o-line and secondary the main focus this offseason IMO. And the main objective should be a QB.

A guy of this physical capability on defense and his versatility cannot be ignored. Remember that Saban has noted that if Jason Taylor was in Sabans' 3-4 defense from the beginning of his career, Taylor would be a Hall of Famer.

People like Taylor cannot be overlooked.

Manny Lawson is a replica of JT.

I'm an NC State fan so I've watched Manny throughout his career. When he played LB his first 2 years, he didn't seem to have great instincts for the position. However, he was only a Fr/So and NC State was in a 4-3 scheme. He has great instincts now, reads and reacts to the run well, rarely bites on fakes reverses/bootlegs. I don't necessarily think the Dolphins will target him, though I'd love it! When Manny rips off a 4.5 or better 40 time at the combine. Some teams will be all over him. He also is a great special teams player (see all the blocked kicks).

Oh, one more thing. Mario Williams is a BEAST.

Back
Top Bottom