Manti Te-o??

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by phinasota, Dec 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. phinasota

phinasota Bleed Aqua

Just wanted to see how people feel about this guy if he fell to us or we picked high enough to get him?? He could help our secondary creating pressure, and he's got 7 picks this year. Thats more than our whole team! lol. He is a great LB.

Its drafts like these that make it hard to decide, BPA or draft for need. So thin at what we need

2. MoFinz

MoFinz Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

I'd give my left nut to get him....Zach Thomas with more athletic ability. All go, no quit and a heart as big as all outdoors

3. phinasota

phinasota Bleed Aqua

lol, your left nut???

4. MoFinz

MoFinz Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

That would leave me with an even 2.

Besides, when theyre made of brass and big as a bowling ball, they get kind of heavy

5. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

if he fell to us it would be tempting.

6. DolfanGator

DolfanGator Rookie

In a heart beat! I would hire Ussain Bolt to run up to the podium if he were available. Then i would clean out Kevin Burnett's locker myself.

We would definitely need to have picked up one of the stud wide-outs available in free agency though.

7. -=DolfanDave=-

-=DolfanDave=- A True Fan

Jeff Ireland will probably find a way to offend him... no go

8. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

i would love to have him. we need a leader on d. dansby is so damn overrated. he always overpursues and always gets beat. t'eo is a monster

9. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

Dolphins current draft standing after yesterday stands at pick #11 but if New England wins tonight then they're in a tie with Cleveland (coin flip) for picks #11 and #12.

I think it's reasonable to believe that Manti Te'o won't make it all the way to pick #11, but it's also good to keep in mind that Luke Kuechly went #9 overall and Patrick Willis went #11 overall.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
  10. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

If he is on the board at the Dolphins current pick, he's BPA and you take him.

11. phinasota

phinasota Bleed Aqua

We only won 5 games. how the heck are we at pick 11??? That blows! I dont normally say this kind of thing but we need to lose out the rest of the season. we need better draft position

12. Pinkboy

Pinkboy Banned Hammered

Yup. I'm going to be rooting hard for Chad Henne and the Jags, Bills, and Pats

We are already behind with the Bears and Colts winning, so those picks will be low rounders, almost like 3rd and 4th's instead of true 2nd's and 3rd's (many people here said the Colts pick will be a very high 2nd when the Vontae trade happened, how wrong they were).

So losing out would be outstanding. Miami needs to have their own 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounders in the Top-10 of each round.

13. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

The only way T'eo falls is if two QB's are taken in the top 10 and there is a run on defensive ends and OT's and this is VERY possible.

14. 2413fanphins

2413fanphins A True Fan

So than move.dansby or what would the plan be?

15. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

Te'o could play anywhere.

16. 2413fanphins

2413fanphins A True Fan

Well personally, id want him at mike backer, and we already have one, and need about five other positions
    Addressed before mike backer.

17. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

Manti = Turnover - this Defense has forgotten that word in their vocabulary

18. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

If Manti is there then its a no brainer. The kid is considered a one of kind talent.

19. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

The best linebacker on the planet doesn't fix any of our problems.

20. SR 7

SR 7 Banned Hammered

Dolphins sitting with a top 7 pick with him on the board equates to us trading back to get more picks and linemen not playmakers. I lost hope in getting excited for players for us to draft because it never happens.

21. dade

dade Well-Known Member

So if you took Patrick Willis away away for the niners are they same

22. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

No but how does Patrick Willis or any of other LB fix our big issues at CB, Safety WR etc. LB (apart from depth after the starters) is one of our strengths. Sure an elite LB would be wonderful I just feel we cant neglect a position that is costing us games for an upgrade on a position of strength.

23. dade

dade Well-Known Member

I really don't want to explain it if to don't know. But to be quick, people keep saying we have a lot of holes, no we don't! So stop, it's something that's been exaggerated for a while!! Teo would give us a chance to rather mover dansby to olb and cut burnet or cut him dansby. Either way lots of money saved and we get younger instantly, this draft is loaded at WR and De. If he's there than you have to take him! It's not out number one need but why pass up great talent?? Anyways I want us to take dion Jordan, now that's a monster. And about all these whole we have, a team can't have every position stacked man. We need a stud WR obviously, a guard and tackle, and a corner. Teams is always gonna have needs, I hate when people just throw that statement around like we don't have 6-7 pro bowl caliber players. Im not saying he's zack, but would the dolphins be the same of zack wasn't our qb on defense??? And that my point.

24. silverfin

silverfin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Sometimes in the draft you have to go BPA or look to trade out of the pick if a player of too much value to pass up is available. You think the Colts would have taken someone like Kalil or Blackmon #1 overall had they decided to keep Peyton Manning because they needed a left tackle or receiver more than a QB? of course not, they'd have traded the pick for an absolute kings ransom just like the Rams did.

and for the record if Te'o was there when we pick somewhere between 8 and 15 then yes I would absolutely snatch him because that guy is gonna be a leader of an NFL defense for a long, long time

25. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 A True Fan

If he is available absolutely run up to the podium as fast as you can

26. dade

dade Well-Known Member

Stop it dude, the needs our obvious, the Owner himself knows TE need an says WR is out number need dude. Even a blind bat would know what to do with this draft. Do you rally think where not glnna draft play makers??? Really think so?? And yes, we might draft a o line, so what. But I can tell you this though, we have five picks in three rounds, I'm very excited about this up coming draft. And even people that like to say that Jeff likes to draft for need, well guess what are needs are bro?? WR, cb, so get ready to be happy.

27. Pinkboy

Pinkboy Banned Hammered

People forget that bringing in Teo would enable miami to trade/cut Dansby. Dansby's contract is very high and that money saved could be used to patch another hole (or even 2 holes) in Free agency.

Or they can keep dansby for another year as dansby can play all 3 LB positions, or have Teo at OLB until dansby leaves.

the bottom line is one move affects other moves. And dansby isn't getting any younger. His athleticism is going with his age. In fact both dansby and burnett aren't spring chickens anymore. Who do we have left ?? Misi ?? lmao

Yes, it's time to bring in some good young linebackers. Look how stupid Miami was not to draft Patrick Willis because Zach had one or 2 years left, at the end of his tenure. People said we already have Zach. lol .. as you can (hopefully) see, that was very foolish myopic thinking, with a total inability to look at the big picture.

ps- Teo has more true leadership qualities in his pinky fingernail than Dansby has had in his whole life combined. And this is a defense (and team) in dire need for true leaders who play with massive balls

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012
  28. 3rdandinches

3rdandinches Seasoned Veteran

Defensive playmaker = Must draft!

29. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

REALLY!!!! Have you seen any TOs this season??

30. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

I agree with everything but if we keep Dansby I would like to see him at OLB with Burnett and Te'o in the middle.