Manti Te'o & The Crying Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manti Te'o & The Crying Game

TrinidadDolfan

1st Team All-Pro
Reaction score
No, Manti wasn't cozying-up on all those winter-night phone calls with a female impersonator, in fact it was a man all along.
Yeesh, could you imagine the grief that he will get from opposing players on the field next year?
Can you imagine the locker-room comments?
If he fell apart mentally in the Alabama game, he may just blow a fuse in the NFL. Seems easy to get inside his head to the point that he becomes useless on the field.

Wow.

The thought of "Crying Game"-type phone sex is nauseating. Oh the humanity.
Well, you know what they say happens when you have too much phone sex.......you get hearing aids.

"Manti Te’o’s beautiful fake girlfriend, the one whom he spent multiple hours on the phone with, was actually a man.Milton Grimes, lawyer to Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, who is accused of creating the hoax, told the New York Daily News that it was a one-man show and that his client impersonated the voice of Lennay Kekua, the woman Te’o came to know as his beloved girlfriend.
“[Te’o] thought it was a female he was talking with,” Grimes told the Daily News. “It was Ronaiah as Lennay.”
Cue any and all Ace Ventura jokes."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...naiah-tuiasosopo-posing-164411936--ncaaf.html

I still think he's gay, Not that there's anything wrong with that

If that's not actually a chick, whichever dude decided to leave those voicemails needs to get an add-a-sack-to-me as soon as possible. How a dude managed to sound like that is beyond me. I've talked to some dudes with some pretty high-pitched voices, but nothing that sounds even close to that.

It's interesting that we haven't heard from this Ronaiah guy this entire time. What's his story? Why isn't he being brought in and questioned? Wouldn't Notre Dame want to prosecute the guy that made them look like fools, cost their boosters/sponsors thousands of dollars in donations to a fake cause, etc? With money involved, I just don't see how he couldn't be prosecuted for fraud. Unless since he didn't receive any of it personally, he isn't culpable? Something still isn't sitting right with me on this...

This whole situation has the brain worms.

Hopefully he can put this behind him. I am sure he feels really embarrassed by all of this and it may cost him a bunch of money if his draft stock drops, but he didn't murder anyone, get a DUI, stab anyone, or get caught with drugs. You just have to wonder if he did the "dying G/F" thing to get Heisman votes, which would be really crappy. He has to live with it though.

Pouncey and Incognito would bust his chops so hard.

If that's not actually a chick, whichever dude decided to leave those voicemails needs to get an add-a-sack-to-me as soon as possible. How a dude managed to sound like that is beyond me. I've talked to some dudes with some pretty high-pitched voices, but nothing that sounds even close to that.

It's interesting that we haven't heard from this Ronaiah guy this entire time. What's his story? Why isn't he being brought in and questioned? Wouldn't Notre Dame want to prosecute the guy that made them look like fools, cost their boosters/sponsors thousands of dollars in donations to a fake cause, etc? With money involved, I just don't see how he couldn't be prosecuted for fraud. Unless since he didn't receive any of it personally, he isn't culpable? Something still isn't sitting right with me on this...

It's not fraud. The only law that would be close as far as prosecution goes would be a California state law about creating false online identities. But that would be dicey, at best...since I think we're just talking about a twitter account.

There's no obvious legal recourse here, really...though I'm sure a book deal and all that jazz is on the way which is probably why Ronaiah has lawyer'd up with Rodney King's old attorney and is not saying a word to anyone. All this stuff still only just came out last week. They're probably just planning their best course of action so that they can get the most $$$ out of all this.

Either way it's looking more and more like what I was saying all along is true...this has nothing to do with Manti Te'o's viability on the football field or as a draft prospect. The thousand phone calls and voicemails certainly give the impression he wasn't even embellishing when he talked about during the Heisman run-up what a "deep" relationship the two had. Clearly they did. And clearly whoever's voice that was on the other end sure does sound like a girl.

It's bizarre and delicisous for the little drama queens that eat this stuff up (which means, pretty much everyone), but it has nothing to do with football. As a scout said recently if he's a 2nd round pick it's not because of this fake girlfriend business, it's because he's a slow inside linebacker.

Although I'd disagree with that scout's take that Te'o is "slow".

If Te'o isn't gay the other guy who faked the girlie voice is. Who has time to waste 500 hours of their life fooling someone when he could be out getting some real action from women? Wow, what a loser....and I'm not talking about Te'o.

It's not fraud. The only law that would be close as far as prosecution goes would be a California state law about creating false online identities. But that would be dicey, at best...since I think we're just talking about a twitter account.

There's no obvious legal recourse here, really...though I'm sure a book deal and all that jazz is on the way which is probably why Ronaiah has lawyer'd up with Rodney King's old attorney and is not saying a word to anyone. All this stuff still only just came out last week. They're probably just planning their best course of action so that they can get the most $$$ out of all this.

Either way it's looking more and more like what I was saying all along is true...this has nothing to do with Manti Te'o's viability on the football field or as a draft prospect. The thousand phone calls and voicemails certainly give the impression he wasn't even embellishing when he talked about during the Heisman run-up what a "deep" relationship the two had. Clearly they did. And clearly whoever's voice that was on the other end sure does sound like a girl.

It's bizarre and delicisous for the little drama queens that eat this stuff up (which means, pretty much everyone), but it has nothing to do with football. As a scout said recently if he's a 2nd round pick it's not because of this fake girlfriend business, it's because he's a slow inside linebacker.

Although I'd disagree with that scout's take that Te'o is "slow".

Really? You don't think that Te'o coming across in the very least, extremely gullible shouldn't effect his draft status? You also have to seriously question his intelligence and this is the guy you want leading your defense? Someone that not only fell for a hoax but made it sound as if an online girlfriend (real or unreal) was going to be his future wife? You don't think his future teammates aren't going to constantly screw with him over it?

If Te'o isn't gay the other guy who faked the girlie voice is. Who has time to waste 500 hours of their life fooling someone when he could be out getting some real action from women? Wow, what a loser....and I'm not talking about Te'o.

Yes I think even Ronaiah Tuiasasopu's lawyer pretty much implied exactly that. He claims it wasn't an attempt to scam anyone, it was a troubled young man trying to reach out to someone and communicate, blah blah blah. In other words, he's gay and had a crush on Manti Te'o.

And now we have a Tino Tuiasosopo in the picture as the voice, a female.

http://m.deadspin.com/5978925/?utm_...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

This story just keeps on taking turns.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah one of the immediate thoughts that comes to mind when you hear that woman's voice sounding very womanly, and then you see Ronaiah's lawyer trying to claim it was Ronaiah impersonating a woman...is that Ronaiah might be trying to cover for someone. He's a singer though...and he's got a high enough voice that he could try and impersonate a woman. So it's tough to say.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Really? You don't think that Te'o coming across in the very least, extremely gullible shouldn't effect his draft status? You also have to seriously question his intelligence and this is the guy you want leading your defense? Someone that not only fell for a hoax but made it sound as if an online girlfriend (real or unreal) was going to be his future wife? You don't think his future teammates aren't going to constantly screw with him over it?

LOL. No. No I don't agree with any of this at all.

Back
Top Bottom