Manziel - So glad he's not in Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manziel - So glad he's not in Miami

HoneyB

Active Roster
Reaction score
This article was just put up over the weekend. I don't care how talented the kid is, he is immature and out of control, and how well his abilities will translate to the NFL is suspect, anyway. I'm glad we never considered drafting him.

BpiIDCYCEAMH4Ms-1.jpg

@Deadspin not the greatest of pics, but here's Manziel enjoying some X games after party festivities in Austin at Rio10:13 AM - 7 Jun 2014

SB Nation has the link:

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014...el-riding-a-swan-float-with-a-bottle-of-booze

Dude better save his money from his rookie contract. Doubt he will get much more than that after he gets his official bust badge. His act will tire fast and with no degree he will become that bloated popular guy sitting at his usual spot at some rinky dink tavern in Tyler, Texas.

It's possible he could just be that much of a natural that he can do whatever he wants and still dominate in the NFL.

I'm seriously not going to rule that possibility out. But... big red flags.

I don't think he'll end up being a good NFL QB, but I really don't understand the level of vitriol directed at him on here, especially when we have players like Pouncey on our team; a person who throws parties that make wherever Manziel is look like a Sweet 16 party. Hell, he doesn't even play for a rival.

I don't think he'll end up being a good NFL QB, but I really don't understand the level of vitriol directed at him on here, especially when we have players like Pouncey on our team; a person who throws parties that make wherever Manziel is look like a Sweet 16 party. Hell, he doesn't even play for a rival.

I posted this in the general NFL forum. Nothing to do with being on a rival team.

Manziel may make it, or may bust, I'm just giving my view on it, because we did have an opportunity to draft him, and if Tannehill doesn't work out then some people MIGHT say, we made the wrong decision.

I can't imagine Tannehill sucking on a bottle floating on an inflated animal like he's at a frat party. Or Brady, or Flacco, or even some of the young guns like Wilson. Everyone's entitled to party, but there's a time and a place for everything. Our rookies are here working hard and trying to learn the playbook. I don't know what he's doing.

I posted this in the general NFL forum. Nothing to do with being on a rival team.

Manziel may make it, or may bust, I'm just giving my view on it, because we did have an opportunity to draft him, and if Tannehill doesn't work out then some people MIGHT say, we made the wrong decision.

I can't imagine Tannehill sucking on a bottle floating on an inflated animal like he's at a frat party. Or Brady, or Flacco, or even some of the young guns like Wilson. Everyone's entitled to party, but there's a time and a place for everything. Our rookies are here working hard and trying to learn the playbook. I don't know what he's doing.

I don't have a problem with where you posted it, I'm just wondering why there is so much hatred directed at this guy. I think most are in agreement that he's probably not going to pan out (I guess I could be wrong, but that seems like the consensus). What I don't understand is how a lot of the same people who make excuses for players who do far worse on our team have such a strange amount of anger for a guy that has no impact on the Phins whatsoever. I mean, if he was drafted by an AFC East team, I could see it simply due to rivalry trashtalk, but this is just pure hatred of a guy who is doing FAR less than a lot of our own players.

Manziel drinking out of a bottle at a club? What a piece of ****!!1! Pouncey caught up with a ("alleged") murdering thug and throwing parties with drugs and hookers? Misi busting down a guys door and beating the **** out of him in his own house? Eh, no big deal.

If Tannehill doesn't work out, not drafting Manziel was still the right decision, but it has nothing to do with how he spends his free time, which is far more innocent than some of our own guys. At least it's legal :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Misi served no jail time due to a prior clean record. The dude shouted some nasty things at his girl. Not to defend him but I can imagine I would do something about that.

I'm not sure everything Manziel has done has been legal.don't forget Manziel was guilty of assault. And now is being sued for sexual assault

Even though I would have hated if we drafted him in any round, rather he is a bust or not, his off the field actions won't land him any NFL community tv spots for kids or anything, he will get a lot of offers for marketing, he has a education, his family has money, can fall back on baseball, hell even a business can see the amount of $ or clients they could bring in by having the buzz that is Johnny Football working for them. If his skills translate to the NFL, I'll eat crow but I just don't see it happening or lasting very long. Yeah he can run around and make plays happen, but players are bigger, faster, etc in the NFL, so he may end up shell shocked after a few big hits. Either way, he may not be what we're use to seeing in a NFL QB on and off the field, but he has a built brand for himself and it may cost him $ from the nfl contract wise, but the man will be ok because of the brand(unless he goes off the deep end lol)

Didn't that originally stand for "secretly we are gay"?

Anyway, I think the obsession with Manziel is ridiculous. Who cares? Studiousness and lifestyle is a means to an end. Not an end unto itself. Go read about Dan Marino's work habits early in his career. The dude only watched film at home once a week. Mike Vick never even bothered to take the DVDs his quarterback coach gave him out of his car. He'd lie and say he looked at them, then one day the coach gave him blank DVDs and Vick still said he'd watched them.

Partying and ****ty work ethic is more a part of football than the Puritanical Brigade would like to know. Ben Roethlisberger isn't a hard worker. Yet he has two rings. Brett Favre used to copy the "homework" his QB coaches would give him off of other quarterbacks. I defy anyone to tell me that Jay Cutler works hard. I watched the guy a lot at Vanderbilt and his technical flaws and overall weaknesses are unchanged from that time.

If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times: Manziel is this generation's Jim McMahon. The guy doesn't take it as seriously as he could but when he steps on the field things happen. What brought down McMahon wasn't drinking, it's the same thing that will bring Manziel down: trying to prove he's a tough guy by playing like a linebacker when the fact is he's a scrawny little ****. McMahon never played more than 14 games in a season and I think we'll see Manziel have those same kind of injury problems. More often than not McMahon couldn't even suit up for 10 games. At the time his fellow Bears loved him but I saw an interview with Dan Hampton and these days they realize McMahon's style cost them another Super Bowl or two and it pisses them off.

Misi served no jail time due to a prior clean record. The dude shouted some nasty things at his girl. Not to defend him but I can imagine I would do something about that.

I'm not sure everything Manziel has done has been legal.don't forget Manziel was guilty of assault. And now is being sued for sexual assault

This is exactly the kind of hypocrisy I'm talking about. Misi reacted to another guy yelling something from his balcony by busting through the door and punching a completely different person. That's something you would do? :lol:

So, you make excuses for that, but pounce on Manziel because he was in a bar fight in which he exchanged punches with another guy. Totally the same thing and Manziel's was clearly far worse.

Look, I have no problem with Misi (I think Pouncey is a far bigger issue). He did something stupid, paid the price, and hasn't done anything else since. But I don't understand how people can defend what he did and then rant about players like Manziel like he punched their mom, especially when he doesn't impact the Dolphins in any way. And I have no doubt you'd be defending Manziel if we drafted him.

I don't have a problem with where you posted it, I'm just wondering why there is so much hatred directed at this guy. I think most are in agreement that he's probably not going to pan out (I guess I could be wrong, but that seems like the consensus). What I don't understand is how a lot of the same people who make excuses for players who do far worse on our team have such a strange amount of anger for a guy that has no impact on the Phins whatsoever. I mean, if he was drafted by an AFC East team, I could see it simply due to rivalry trashtalk, but this is just pure hatred of a guy who is doing FAR less than a lot of our own players.

Manziel drinking out of a bottle at a club? What a piece of ****!!1! Pouncey caught up with a ("alleged") murdering thug and throwing parties with drugs and hookers? Misi busting down a guys door and beating the **** out of him in his own house? Eh, no big deal.

If Tannehill doesn't work out, not drafting Manziel was still the right decision, but it has nothing to do with how he spends his free time, which is far more innocent than some of our own guys. At least it's legal :lol:

I didn't see any "hatred" being directed at him in the thread, and it seems you were being defensive about him for some reason, but reading the additional posts I see what you mean now, in terms of him being some kind of lightening rod for opinion. People seem to feel very strongly in either direction about him.

It is what it is, but I disagree with you on comparing him to Pouncey. Pouncey wasn't as immature, didn't get arrested in college, didn't have his parents all worried about him, and he buckled down immediately when he was drafted. Had we drafted Pouncey and 5 minutes later he's partying in Vegas and then in Austin...you would have been worried and so would I.

Im pretty sure Big Ben who has been a pretty damn good qb has tied a few on. Im not a Manziel fan but as a college QB tannehill wasn't even in the same league with him.
We have our share of party animals on our team. Manziel accomplishing what he did in college makes me almost believe he can succeed at whatever he wants but we shall see.

This is exactly the kind of hypocrisy I'm talking about. Misi reacted to another guy yelling something from his balcony by busting through the door and punching a completely different person. That's something you would do? :lol:

So, you make excuses for that, but pounce on Manziel because he was in a bar fight in which he exchanged punches with another guy. Totally the same thing and Manziel's was clearly far worse.

Look, I have no problem with Misi (I think Pouncey is a far bigger issue). He did something stupid, paid the price, and hasn't done anything else since. But I don't understand how people can defend what he did and then rant about players like Manziel like he punched their mom, especially when he doesn't impact the Dolphins in any way. And I have no doubt you'd be defending Manziel if we drafted him.

He is a dolphin so he is automatically defended by some. We don't even know what was said to Misi in reality just his side of story or assumptions. I mean no big deal he broke into someone's house and assaulted the wrong person.
I wonder how people would have felt if misi had got his head blown off when he entered the property. As for Pouncey no he waited until he became a pro to be immature and party like a rockstar along with the rest of our oline.

He is a dolphin so he is automatically defended by some. We don't even know what was said to Misi in reality just his side of story or assumptions. I mean no big deal he broke into someone's house and assaulted the wrong person.
I wonder how people would have felt if misi had got his head blown off when he entered the property. As for Pouncey no he waited until he became a pro to be immature and party like a rockstar along with the rest of our oline.

I highly doubt he waited until he was in the NFL to start partying like that. His school is one of many that are in a community that is more than happy to brush over things their players do. I will give Pouncey a lot of credit though. He knows how to keep his shenanigans out of the news for the most part, at least. Let's face it, appearances are all that matter to most (well, when it comes to their team, of course).

Back
Top Bottom