Manziel - So glad he's not in Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manziel - So glad he's not in Miami

I don't have a problem with where you posted it, I'm just wondering why there is so much hatred directed at this guy. I think most are in agreement that he's probably not going to pan out (I guess I could be wrong, but that seems like the consensus). What I don't understand is how a lot of the same people who make excuses for players who do far worse on our team have such a strange amount of anger for a guy that has no impact on the Phins whatsoever. I mean, if he was drafted by an AFC East team, I could see it simply due to rivalry trashtalk, but this is just pure hatred of a guy who is doing FAR less than a lot of our own players.

Manziel drinking out of a bottle at a club? What a piece of ****!!1! Pouncey caught up with a ("alleged") murdering thug and throwing parties with drugs and hookers? Misi busting down a guys door and beating the **** out of him in his own house? Eh, no big deal.

If Tannehill doesn't work out, not drafting Manziel was still the right decision, but it has nothing to do with how he spends his free time, which is far more innocent than some of our own guys. At least it's legal :lol:

There is vitriol toward him because he is your typical rich bro douche who thinks he is the center of the universe. And to make it worse, he comes from oil money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to deny any of that, but how would you then explain his support from the African American community in this country?

This is a kid who’s apparently best friends with Drake, to the point where Drake made a rap song about him. He’s buddies with LeBron and hung out with him during the Playoffs after games. During a radio appearance, Deion Sanders said he loves Johnny because he has “ghetto tendencies”. I don’t want to keep going on with anecdotal evidence, but from what I’ve seen and heard, the support seems to be palpable.

Is it the Bravado? Trash talking? Throwing up money signs in his first game back when he just nearly avoided being suspended? The scrambling ability? I can’t really put my finger on it.
I would say the same reason "African American" inmates want to talk to me "Off line" when I'm at work. They'll talk to me about their problems, and ask me if I can help.
They already know not to ask me to bring in stuff from the outside, etc, it's pretty much just ":Internal matters." They know I'll listen, and do what I can should I choose to. The Whites,
Mexicans, and everyone else knows it too. It's not so much about race as having an idea about what's going on.

There is vitriol toward him because he is your typical rich bro douche who thinks he is the center of the universe. And to make it worse, he comes from oil money.

Aside from the jealousy over money, that explains the hatred for Hartline and Pouncey. Wait...

brian_hartline_bending_over_fiance-1.jpg

pouncey1-1.jpg

Aside from the jealousy over money, that explains the hatred for Hartline and Pouncey. Wait...

brian_hartline_bending_over_fiance-1.jpg

pouncey1-1.jpg

I have no problem with people being rich so long as they have contributed toward their own wealth in a responsible manner (that didn't exploit people or resources) and aren't extravagant or wasteful with their use of wealth. Manziel strikes out on all the aforementioned areas. His wealth was acquired through no work of his own, from his father's enterprise that is exploitive of resources. And Manziel has used his wealth in an irresponsible, wasteful manner.

Sure, he earned his NFL money, but he has been rich all his life and hasn't respected his wealth and used it in a responsible, appropriate way.

He is a typical bro, and I'm not a fan of bros. They usually have nothing to contribute to a conversation, much less society.

I'm not a Pouncey fan at all. I'm OK with Hartline because he doesn't always carry himself like an obnoxious bro and appears to have a good work ethic, but I also understand he does have some bro tendencies.

I don't think he'll end up being a good NFL QB, but I really don't understand the level of vitriol directed at him on here, especially when we have players like Pouncey on our team; a person who throws parties that make wherever Manziel is look like a Sweet 16 party. Hell, he doesn't even play for a rival.

I typically don't like players who are hyped out the asshole by ESPN and the like. Look at this page and then click on the image: http://www.nflshop.com/Cleveland_Browns_Gear

I understand that Cleveland has been **** for years. This guy's whole persona seems to be that of a stuck-up assbag who thinks he's too good for everyone. He clearly can do what he wants but I'd laugh anytime Terrell Suggs spears him.

Not to deny any of that, but how would you then explain his support from the African American community in this country?

This is a kid who’s apparently best friends with Drake, to the point where Drake made a rap song about him. He’s buddies with LeBron and hung out with him during the Playoffs after games. During a radio appearance, Deion Sanders said he loves Johnny because he has “ghetto tendencies”. I don’t want to keep going on with anecdotal evidence, but from what I’ve seen and heard, the support seems to be palpable.

Is it the Bravado? Trash talking? Throwing up money signs in his first game back when he just nearly avoided being suspended? The scrambling ability? I can’t really put my finger on it.

Sounds to me like Manizel thinks he's either half black or all black. I haven't really heard him talk but if Deion Sanders is saying he has ghetto tendencies, that's what I think of.

now Johnny football has really stepped in it

0701subasset02mayweatherbiebermanzieltyr-1.jpg

hanging out with JB

The Mount Rushmore of Douchebags

Yep, if JB is a d bag, mayweather is right behind him. I was backing up manziel for a little bit. And I know he's young, but I don't know if this kid has the mental make up to succeed in the nfl. I know he's young but he's very immature. Not from his partying but his broadcasting and excessive use of social media. The troubling thing I see now, is that it was one thing for him to party and show a few pics before. But what I've heard is that the Browns warned Manziel about not broadcasting or be a little more low key and careful with social media. The owner of the Browns or gm talked to him about that. What does Johnny do, not simply go out but use social media and be the opposite of low key and continue the attention.

I know this is a luxury and high paid athletes and not like most work. BUT, the owners, they are like the employers and johnny just basically said, "ok whateverr, I'm gonna do what I want" to his employer and he's a newbie. Obviously being a rookie, high paid qb he would never be cut, well atleast not for atleast 2 years if not proving himself. However, that's not good. Quarterbacks have to mature fast in this league as we can all see, just how difficult it is for players to succeed, especially quarterbacks. Johny is being very stubborn and immature. Makes me how his mind will go when he goes through adversity, scrutiny from the media and coaches criticizing him, and him acting like he knows it all. We've seen how such immaturity and stubborness worked for Ryan Leaf.

Sounds to me like Manizel thinks he's either half black or all black. I haven't really heard him talk but if Deion Sanders is saying he has ghetto tendencies, that's what I think of.
Deion said that, then, later said that he didn't say it. Even though, it was on a nationally syndicated show, and, there are recordings of him saying that.

Even so, he denied saying it.

Yep, if JB is a d bag, mayweather is right behind him. I was backing up manziel for a little bit. And I know he's young, but I don't know if this kid has the mental make up to succeed in the nfl. I know he's young but he's very immature. Not from his partying but his broadcasting and excessive use of social media. The troubling thing I see now, is that it was one thing for him to party and show a few pics before. But what I've heard is that the Browns warned Manziel about not broadcasting or be a little more low key and careful with social media. The owner of the Browns or gm talked to him about that. What does Johnny do, not simply go out but use social media and be the opposite of low key and continue the attention.

I know this is a luxury and high paid athletes and not like most work. BUT, the owners, they are like the employers and johnny just basically said, "ok whateverr, I'm gonna do what I want" to his employer and he's a newbie. Obviously being a rookie, high paid qb he would never be cut, well atleast not for atleast 2 years if not proving himself. However, that's not good. Quarterbacks have to mature fast in this league as we can all see, just how difficult it is for players to succeed, especially quarterbacks. Johny is being very stubborn and immature. Makes me how his mind will go when he goes through adversity, scrutiny from the media and coaches criticizing him, and him acting like he knows it all. We've seen how such immaturity and stubborness worked for Ryan Leaf.
Any player has done something bad or wrong. I don't think it's unreasonable to say Manzeil for whatever reason seems
to draw the limelight for lots of bad reasons and doesn't seem to be in the least bit afraid of repercussions.
That's simply not a QBs way of thinking. He's supposed to be the grownup.

An exception would be Jim McMhaon. Did well with a cooler than you attitude, and, loved to smash his head into stuff, the, wants to sue the NFL.
Whatever.

Any player has done something bad or wrong. I don't think it's unreasonable to say Manzeil for whatever reason seems
to draw the limelight for lots of bad reasons and doesn't seem to be in the least bit afraid of repercussions.
That's simply not a QBs way of thinking. He's supposed to be the grownup.

An exception would be Jim McMhaon. Did well with a cooler than you attitude, and, loved to smash his head into stuff, the, wants to sue the NFL.
Whatever.

Yeah but McMahon had a few good years, but he fell fast and wasn't really that great of a qb. So Mcmahon's attitude might have been his downfall that lead him to not be more than a one shot wonder for the Bears. I mean Trent Dillfer and Brad johnson won superbowls from having a dominant defense, hall of fame worthy defense and great running game. McMahon had the privelege to play on a stacked Bears team in 85.

Good Wrs, good line, hall of game arguably best rb in nfl, Walter PAyton, one of the best defenses ever. So he didn't have to carry the team or have that pressure to be so mature. Johnny might not be forced to start, but the Browns are not a team stacked with talent nor stacked at rb. So manziel doesn't have Mcmahon's luxury to be immature and stubborn. QB is a very tough position and qbs generally have grow up faster than other positions, because of the responsibility put on them and pressure. We'll see, but it's not really good for Johnny to be so stubborn and belligerent when the franchise of looking to him to be the guy and to carry himself that way.

Back
Top Bottom