March 9th | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

March 9th

fanfin

Active Roster
Reaction score
* Ireland said that just because the team hasn’t re-signed any of its 12 unrestricted free agents yet doesn’t mean they won’t bring most of them back.
He expects negotiations to pick up significantly in the next couple of weeks, with his goal to get guys under contract before March 9, when they are allowed to legally speak with the other 31 NFL teams. Free agents can speak with other teams between March 9-11, and free agency officially begins at 4 pm on March 12.
“I don’t think we had to get them done the first of January,” Ireland said. “The date in my head is March 9, to get those guys done before that period. … You can’t just make knee jerk reactions on getting certain guys signed. This is the time period where we’re starting to talk to them and trying to get things done.”
- See more at: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...n-smith-or-randy-starks/#sthash.flMH9ZdU.dpuf

Who do you expect to see re-signed by March 9th? My guess is Hartline, Starks, Clemons. And possibly Jake Long and Fasano. FA on Wallace and a CB TE and possibly T and DE

I have no idea what Ireland's plans are, but my locks to be resigned are Clemons and Starks. Hartline all depends on what happens during free agency, I think Ireland will let Hartline test free agency to see if we get any major bites from a receiver (Wallace) the first week. It all depends if we sign Wallace, than Hartline is expendable via draft. I would be very surprised to see Hartline signed before March 9th, and if so, we can safely say Ireland will push hard for Wallace.

We shall see Im definately not going to try to predict his moves. I dont think anybody predicted he would give Murtha a 2 million dollar tag last year for some odd reason.

lets hope Phiblin is in on the FA we sign.i dont want Ireland calling the shots.he has been bad for some time now when it comes to FA

I just heard a blurb or someone say that Clemmons and Fasano are close. I tend to beleive that.

I think its forgone conclusion that Bush is gone.

Jake is still in the picture but my guess is he goes on market and if not taken by march 15th, he comes back.

Hartline is asking half of the top shelf market. With our cap strong and required spending I think its a no brainer. Finheaven not so much. Heartline is good. why would you get rid of someone your rookie Qb has complete confidence in?

Starks deal will get done sooner or later.

Sean Smith is highly replaceable in this draft and we could get two IMO.

I would take care of DE with Abraham, but thats just me.

i just dont want to resign Hartline, Fasano, Long or smith. Sign Clemons and Starks and maybe fasano if he comes real real cheap and just pick up playmakers. Get a TE like Keller or Mters. Get Wallace and draft 1-2 WRs. Draft a CB, DE and a OT and OG and we should be good. Maybe Coxs the DB in FA. Would be happy with Rhodes the CB in the first... Hunter or Woods the WR in the second and Swope in the third. With a DE and OT in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

I have no idea what Ireland's plans are, but my locks to be resigned are Clemons and Starks. Hartline all depends on what happens during free agency, I think Ireland will let Hartline test free agency to see if we get any major bites from a receiver (Wallace) the first week. It all depends if we sign Wallace, than Hartline is expendable via draft. I would be very surprised to see Hartline signed before March 9th, and if so, we can safely say Ireland will push hard for Wallace.

I believe that if we were to let Hartline go, it would be almost a lock that we go get Swope in probably the second round of the draft to kind of replace that chemistry Tannehill had/has with Hartline.

Back
Top Bottom