Marino: Only Dolphin in NFL's Top 100 of All Time | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino: Only Dolphin in NFL's Top 100 of All Time

AFCMiamiEast

Active Roster
Reaction score
http://top100.nfl.com/all-time-100

Dan Marino is the ONLY player on that list from Miami...that has to be the least amount a team has on that list. How can a franchise who accomplished 3 consecutive superbowl appearances, and has the greatest NFL record ever in the '72 undefeated team, the winningest head coach in league history, a top 8 franchise winning % of all time, yet NONE of them (from the early teams pre-Marino) be in the top 100?

I think it is fair. I can't think of any other Dolphins that belong on the list. There is a reason the 1970's dominant defense was referred to as the "no-name" defense...now if the early 1970s football team that went to 3 straight Super Bowls, won 2 and went undefeated didn't make a top 10 list of all-time NFL teams I would say that was B.S.

What a joke. Larry Csonka remains the very best FB to ever play the game. Guys like Dwight Stephenson and Larry Little probably deserve to be there as well, but the OL isn't very glamorous. If Webster is 68 then Stephenson should be ahead of him because every year they both played Stephenson was better. Little probably belongs in the late 70's with guys like Art Shell at 76 and Bruce Matthews at 78.

What a joke. Larry Csonka remains the very best FB to ever play the game. Guys like Dwight Stephenson and Larry Little probably deserve to be there as well, but the OL isn't very glamorous and lists such as these are always aimed at young current fans, thus skewed to current-day and very recent players.

What got me the most was reading "Patriots" over and over lol....ugh.

What got me the most was reading "Patriots" over and over lol....ugh.

Yeah, it seems this list is less skewed towards the current players than most lists of its kind. More Steelers and Packers love this time.

Ridiculous. Csonka. Little. Langer. Buoniconti. Stephenson. Morris. Duper.

I think we had a pair of DBs that should have made that list and I am not talking about SM and PS.

What's disturbing is the NFL ranks, they put guys like Ray Lewis above Marino. Really?

Lewis is a great player, but it is as much all this NFL Films coverage of him shooting his mouth off before games and giving his "emotional" speeches to kids is what has garnered him his legacy.

Jason Taylor should be on that list. 6th all time in sacks and most touchdowns by a defensive lineman

I think we had a pair of DBs that should have made that list and I am not talking about SM and PS.

it seems thus far i am the only one to pick up on this post? I wish i was around to see both of them play, assuming your referring to scott and anderson

Back
Top Bottom