Marino or Elway? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino or Elway?

north

Practice Squad
Reaction score
you are the coach for a football team and you have a choice who to pick up, do u pick Marino or Elway?
I personally would deffinetly go Marino.
Be honest

99% of the people here will laugh and say "Marino of course."

99% of the people in a Broncos forum will laugh and say "Elway of course."

LIQUID24 said:
99% of the people here will laugh and say "Marino of course."

99% of the people in a Broncos forum will laugh and say "Elway of course."

thats why i said be honest, you want the best qb, who do u pick?

phins4life said:
thats why i said be honest, you want the best qb, who do u pick?
I never saw them in their prime so I don't have an educated opinion on this. But almost every NFL writer has picked Elway (or Montana) ahead of Marino when faced with this question.

in all honesty, it would greatly depend on the other players on the team.
marino would not stand a chance with the OL we had last yr.

DeDolfan said:
in all honesty, it would greatly depend on the other players on the team.
marino would not stand a chance with the OL we had last yr.
That isn't entirely true because the OLINE strategy would be completely different (pass block #1/run block second) with Marino at the helm especially w/his quick release.

Depends on what your trying to do offensively. Marino has the better arm, but Elway was the faster, more athletic one.

FiN.in.RI said:
That isn't entirely true because the OLINE strategy would be completely different (pass block #1/run block second) with Marino at the helm especially w/his quick release.

But that's why i said that since this OL is basically built for Ricky and not for a Marino as the OL with Webb and Simms was. Granted, with his quick realease, he may fare better than a [Brian] Griese tho. iMO, Elways would be better with that OL than marino based on his mobility alone. Now in the shoptgun and those quick little slants and such, marino would be the king.

No less a source than Montana rated Marino ahead of Elway when he chose the 20 greatest QB's ever. (He excluded himself in the list). Said hands down Marino was the greatest passer in the history of football, something we all know. Marino was second on his list, behind some old timer, whose name escapes me at the moment, Luckman maybe?

i dont see how you can saw marino had the better arm--maybe he was more accurate but elway had a cannon

All i know is Elway didnt do a damn thing until terrel davis came along. I would take dan any day over Elway.

He did go to three superbowls without Davis. I don't really know why going to the superbowl isn't considered something.

Back
Top Bottom