marino rookie cards | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

marino rookie cards

anyone know what marino's rookie card is worth.. i have 2 of them in mint condition

If they are truly in mint condition, meaning they needed to be graded by a service such as Becketts or PSA then they are worth about $300-500. If they are NOT certified mint then they are worth about $75-100 depending on the quality.

I hope this helps.

-Matt

I have 1 ungraded and 1 PSA 9. I never really worried about how much they were worth. The only reason I have one graded is because my girlfriend bought it for me for an anniversery gift.

Tuff Stuff card Magazine has it listed for $160.

To be honest, Tuff Stuff is not where you want to look for card pricing. Beckett Card Monthly is your best bet. For example, Beckett has Marino's RC listed at half the price of Tuff Stuff and if you actually went to a card show, not one serious collector there would use a Tuff Stuff pricing guide to negotiate a card sale. If I went to a card show to buy a card, I would never buy a card no matter how great it looks, if the guy was prcing it out of Tuff Stuff, unless I knew the actual price of the card and they were willing to sell it for no more then 30% Beckett book value.

Now there are times when I'll pay more then 30% book, but it depends on it being a RC, rarity and how bad I want the card, but as a guideline, 30% book is what I use on 99% of Inserts, Commons and most RC's. There is a saying in card sales, "A card is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it".

So true FTP.

A rookie Marino Graded 9 is about right in the $100 range maybe a little more. That is real market value. My advice in general is to not bank on the various price guides. Rarely will you get that much. If they were truly Gem-Mint then they would much more valuable as Rookie Marinos in that condition are very rare.

-Matt

thanks for the replies... i dont think i could ever sell them though

Good idea. I have mine locked in a safety deposit box and hopefully 100 years from now my great grand children will cash in on the cards I have in there which include the Marino as well as John elway's rookie and most importantly Michael Jordan's. My dad bought Jordans Rookie card off of a friend for 50 dollars and gave it to me when I graduated High school.

1984 TOPPS DAN MARINO RC PSA 9 MINT ROOKIE DOLPHINS
logo_paypalPP_16x16-1.gif
14 Bids
$69.00
+$3.981h 44m

Currently on ebay

Final bid was $72. So I overshot it a little. Guess I am a sentimental fan!

Whats crazy is there was one that was graded 10 and it went for over $1200

Back
Top Bottom