Martin, Incognito, Pouncey, Louis(Jerry), Jerry(Garner, Yeatman)........ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Martin, Incognito, Pouncey, Louis(Jerry), Jerry(Garner, Yeatman)........

mbhcu98

Active Roster
Reaction score
..... Next seasons oline depends on the shape of John Jerry. If he is in decent shape, do we need to draft a RT? I think if we believe Philbin is as good a coach as some think he is, I think it safe to assume he can get the most out of Jerry. If not, then when do questions about Philbin start to get asked? If Jerry is in shape, he can be a legit RT, for he doesn't have the ideal athleticism to play guard. The question I have is this, If Jerry is in shape, do we need to trade up for 1 of the 3 top LTs in this draft? I don't think we should trade up.

John Jerry has no business at RT. Not even an option. Garner is ahead of him anyways as a RT.

OT will be solved in two weeks. The candidate is not on the roster right now.

**** yes we need a RT....Garner showed last year that his is not capable. I thought he would be. He failed.

Jerry's behind both Garner and Yeatman as a potential RT currently on the roster.

John Jerry has no business at RT. Not even an option. Garner is ahead of him anyways as a RT.

Where will he play then? If he plays and why does "he have no business at RT"? He isn't athletic enough to play guard in our ZBS(pulling isn't a strong suit), why not RT? If he is in shape, he would make a good RT. At 6' 5", 350+ lbs, he has the size for it and in our system, it's a better suited position for him. I'm interested to know why you feel he "has no business at RT".

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

And agreed. The oline will be finalized in a couple weeks with, hopefully, a 3rd, 4th or 5th round draft pick(s).

Jerry is a RG, is athletic, and if he comes in around 320 will have a good year. IMO, he does not have the footwork to be a RT, which we have seen.

Where will he play then? If he plays and why does "he have no business at RT"? He isn't athletic enough to play guard in our ZBS(pulling isn't a strong suit), why not RT? If he is in shape, he would make a good RT. At 6' 5", 350+ lbs, he has the size for it and in our system, it's a better suited position for him. I'm interested to know why you feel he "has no business at RT".

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

And agreed. The oline will be finalized in a couple weeks with, hopefully, a 3rd, 4th or 5th round draft pick(s).

So your assessment he is not athletic enough to play guard so you want him at tackle? Huh?

I would keep for a backup at guard and tackle in a pinch, but not a day one starter. Protect the QB folks without neglecting the position or being cheap.

Ireland said Louis was brought in for depth, Jerry blew it at RG lat year, and Martin is still a ? - This leaves our picks up in the air. Does the FO like one of the elite level OGs and hope for the best at RT? Do they draft LT and keep the status quo on the right. Do they draft an OG in the first and Armstead in the 2nd?

Lots of questions but luckily lots of draft picks too with lots of good to great prospects.

I know it would be unpopular but I would love to draft Jonathan Cooper at 12 and then sign Eric Winston after the draft.

J.Martin - Incognito - Pouncey - Cooper - Winston.

You can use the rest of the picks on everything else. but as of right now our biggest hole is the right side of our line. This fixes that.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

If Jerry is in shape (and I know that's a big "if"), then I don't see why he couldn't be tried at RT. From what I recall, he filled in capably for Long at LT 2 years ago, so I don't know why he couldn't handle RT. If there's anyone who has no business playing any T position, it's Nate Garner. He wasn't very good at RT last year and he's proven to us that he cannot handle good pash rushers whatsoever...that Eagles game from 2 years ago was an absolute embarrassment. He should play G and 3rd string/emergency T...and that's it.

I know it would be unpopular but I would love to draft Jonathan Cooper at 12 and then sign Eric Winston after the draft.

J.Martin - Incognito - Pouncey - Cooper - Winston.

You can use the rest of the picks on everything else. but as of right now our biggest hole is the right side of our line. This fixes that.

I agree with you on Cooper. You could swap cog and cooper about as cog prefers RG. The idea of having Martin, Cooper & Pouncey playing for fins the next 6-8 years is very appealing

im pretty sure Louis will become the RG if we dont draft one.

I used to be on the bandwagon of drafting an OT high, but now im realizing that there are several good guys in the 2nd round like Armstead, Pugh, Long who can be RTs. Rest assured a few OTs will be drafted, to give competition to Martin

I agree with you on Cooper. You could swap cog and cooper about as cog prefers RG. The idea of having Martin, Cooper & Pouncey playing for fins the next 6-8 years is very appealing

I agree. Especially the thought of having those 3 blocking on 3rd and 4th and short. Extending drives and punching it in for TDs instead of FGs is what takes a 7 win team to a 9+ win team.

Back
Top Bottom