Marvez: Dolphins starting Tannehill is a mistake | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marvez: Dolphins starting Tannehill is a mistake

I just wished that we started him later in the year.

Why? I think the WR unit will be better when Hartline gets back. He's no Pro Bowler, but at least he knows what he is doing and is consistent. i still don't think we have shown our true game, especially with Bush coming out of the backfield and cathcing passes in open space. Everyone is so freaked out by a couple of preseason games like it's the end of the world we got spanked weeks before the regular season. Let's let this play out.

If Alex knew anything about football, I might care.

That's not the case though. His articles make good **** paper though.

You cannot compare them or the teams they went to compared to us.

Until our OL firms up I'd play Moore. We also have a very young WR corp.

IF we have a run/pass ratio like last season it might work. Last season we ran a exact 50/50 split of runs to passes. In other words, run the ball a lot and protect the QB.

The Bengals were terrible! The Falcons were worse off then we were their new HC quit mid year and their franchise QB went to Federal Prision. The franchise and fan base were in complete turmoil! You are right those teams were worse then us so I can't compare.

Tannehill is way different. He is going into a system that he ran for 2 years + his offensive cord. is his old head coach! No QB has had that happen that I can remember. He is in a system that he is built to run....he should start!

A mistake would be running this franchise the way its been run for the past decade+. The whole damn culture of this team needs to change and the time is now for that change. You start the QB you drafted early in the 1st round and you see what you got. Enough of this coddle BS. Tanne has the bawls/bravado/confidence to deal with the adversity he will face this season. We were not going to win a goddamn thing of significance with 80% of the quarterbacks in this league, so why NOT start him.

Some writers just feel the need to be the contrarian because they think it makes them special. In this case, it just makes them stupid.

Marvez makes it sound like we automatically crowned Tannehill...like Luck, and RGIII.

I say he earned being named starter today and will be better for it in the long run.

And Weeden, IMO, will be the lesser of the 4 QB's.

It's all a crap shoot ! I am sure there is a list of qb's "thrown to the wolves" who failed and a list of ones who succeeded. Just as sitting a quarterback has a list of winners and failures. There is no right way or wrong way. you just need to go with who is playing the best in my very humble, non expert opinion.

No one as of late has been "thrown to the wolves" as bad as Stafford was, now he's arguably the 4th best QB in the entire league.

RT earned the job. He outplayed everyone else. Our Offense will be exciting and put up points. Now the defense needs to step it up like last year.

Yeah, what a mistake. We should just wait for RT to have a shot next year. We know that holding the clipboard will help him look off the DBs, adapt to game speed and learn to read and react to defensive schemes. So we should just wait until next year to see what we have and let Moore give us a legitimate chance to reach the SB. Man, we should have Marvez replace Ireland.

I am so tired of hearing him quoted on this board.....He clearly hates and attacks the Dolphins every chance he gets...I would think he would be on ignore on this board.

Back
Top Bottom