Marvez: Dolphins starting Tannehill is a mistake | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marvez: Dolphins starting Tannehill is a mistake

What happened to that guy? Has he ever said anything positive about the Dolphins since he left town?

Who cares? Moore went 5 for whateveritwasalotofmissedpasses last game against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

DEVLIN out played the dude.

You can't sit someone just for the sake of sitting them. If RT is the best performing QB right now, then you play HIM.

This doesn't feel forced to me. This feels like Tannehill legitimately earned it. Trust me I'm sensitive to it feeling forced and I was saying exactly that to Volin at Bokampers the other week. I was saying there's no way you could declare Tannehill the starter at that juncture, because it would be forced.

But he's 3 for 3 as far as outperforming his competition in game settings. Outperformed Garrard and Moore in the scrimmage, outperformed Moore against Tampa, outperformed Moore against the Panthers.

There's being careful and then there's detaching yourself from reality. The guy goes 3 for 3, it's not a coincidence.

If you don't come out of college in the first few rounds and AREN'T ready to start with the
new rules, and all new NFL, you can't play the position at a starting level, IMO

haters gonna hate lovers gonna love i don't want none of thee above

We should start him and I expect him to perform like he should under the circumstances with his poor teammates. I won't blame him if the receivers can't get separation and the o line can't block

What about Dalton, Ryan, Flacco was starting them mistakes?

I think the main difference here is that Tannehill has less weapons at his disposal than all of those guys. We have a very weak right side of the OL, and absolutely nobody that you can call a number one, or even a number two, receiver. It appears we may have trouble in the running game, and that is what protects your QB the most. I fully believe that Tannehill can handle it, but I definitely think he is at a disadvantage when compared to those kind of guys.

Well I was comfortable with Tannehill waiting behind Garrard and/or Moore for a year and taking things step by step, I didn't expect them to tap him on the shoulder until much later. But if they think Ryan is the best already, so let it be, lets roll the dice. It is actually pretty exciting for the team to finally have a bright young QB.

amazing how every other expert says to start him, but Marvez says it a bad idea, yeah show me you super bowl winning ring. Oh yeah you don't have one…dueche.

Blah, blah, blah ...

Play the kid. Let's see what he's got.

amazing how every other expert says to start him, but Marvez says it a bad idea, yeah show me you super bowl winning ring. Oh yeah you don't have one…dueche.

Cause every other expert doesn't understand that as a fan I want to see the football team that I work hard throughout the week in order to watch on Sunday actually have a better chance of winning. And yes, I realize that Tannehill's mediocre performance in preseason is still better than Moore's putrid performance, but our offense has been terrible with both, and with a terrible offense I'd rather have a guy in there at least to start that knows how to handle adversity and make the best of it when 9 things out of 10 are going to go poorly (which they will on this pathetic team).

In baseball we would think its absolutely insane to use an incredibly small sample size in an exhibition game with inconsistent lineups to base your decision on, especially when neither player even came close to playing well, but here it's just standard practice.

Back
Top Bottom