Marvin McNutt | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marvin McNutt

betadog

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What's the rules on picking a player off of someones practice squad? This kid is good and if the eagles were not so deep at WR he'd would not have been sent to the squad. Big body, good speed, and got open often in camp. Wouldn't hurt to pluck him off if possible and give the kid a look...

Any team can poach off another's practice squad and sign someone to their active roster. They passed on him when he was waived; probably not interested now.

He sucks!!

This statement has absolutely no basis in fact whatsoever.

I was just trying to fit in.

Our WR coach Ken O Keefe was his head coach in Iowa and we showed zero interest in him throughout the draft. The Eagles WR coach raved about how coachable he was, so I was surprised he was cut. But if O'Keefe doesn't rate him for the NFL, that doesn't bode well for him.

Our WR coach Ken O Keefe was his head coach in Iowa and we showed zero interest in him throughout the draft. The Eagles WR coach raved about how coachable he was, so I was surprised he was cut. But if O'Keefe doesn't rate him for the NFL, that doesn't bode well for him.
or perhaps we dont have a good coach.seeing that he was cut i would have to say its prob not the coach

IMO, he would immediately be a top 2 WR on our roster. He holds about every receiving record at Iowa (not that they have historically aired it out). Anyway, Ken O'Keefe is a moron, so if he doesn't want him, that only makes me more confident we should grab this guy while we can.

the guy stinks...we got enough wrs that can't win against man coverage

Why don't you give Joe and his staff a little time before making a comment like that???

Because it is happening right in front of us. We are still fielding piss poor receivers a ****ty group of safeties and a porous OL. No improvements over last year. The only rookie that might make an impact will be RT and that's because of the reps he will be getting. Can anyone say we have improved at any position?

Because it is happening right in front of us. We are still fielding piss poor receivers a ****ty group of safeties and a porous OL. No improvements over last year. The only rookie that might make an impact will be RT and that's because of the reps he will be getting. Can anyone say we have improved at any position?
What do you mean we are still? we havent even played a game since the new coaching staff got here...

IMO, he would immediately be a top 2 WR on our roster. He holds about every receiving record at Iowa (not that they have historically aired it out). Anyway, Ken O'Keefe is a moron, so if he doesn't want him, that only makes me more confident we should grab this guy while we can.

BJ Cunningham holds about every receiving record at Michigan State.

We cut him.

Also, I gotta laugh if anybody thinks that Joe Philbin's inability to turn Legedu ****ing Naanee into an all-star during ONE training camp is an indictment of him and his coaching staff. I'd quote the immortal Gary Stevens, but why bother?

I believe you can contact any PS player and offer him a deal, which he can either accept or turn down.

Back
Top Bottom