Reaction score
History / Experience :

Size:

Contract :

Accuracy :

Pocket present:

Arm:

begin............

Long story short I really do not believe that there is anything Matt Flynn can do that Matt Moore cannot do. We would be better off staying with Moore for continuity and drafting a qb to sit behind him.

Matt Moore wouldn't have outplayed Stafford whether he was on the Packers or not.

Matt Moore = Journeyman starter or Career backup. Limited Upside

Matt Flynn = Possibly a great QB, at worst, has the potential to be a long term starter on a team.

Matt Moore = Journeyman starter or Career backup. Limited Upside

Matt Flynn = Possibly a great QB, at worst, has the potential to be a long term starter on a team.

At worst he is going to be a long term starter?? Rob Johnson or Kevin Kolb anybody??

I'd take Flynn if we brought in Clements as our head coach.

At worst he is going to be a long term starter?? Rob Johnson or Kevin Kolb anybody??

I'd take Flynn if we brought in Clements as our head coach.

When did Rob Johnson and Kevin Kolb throw for 6 td's and almost 500 yards in one game?

I don't know what kind of opinion to form about him but he sure did look like a superstar today.

I do not think the team should pay out a bunch of money for him based on that one game. Didn't he play a couple of games last year and not play very good at all?

LoL dismissing the packers talent is EPIC.

a new low for Finheaven, but not suprrising all the same.

mat moore would carve up some sqauds on GB bet on it - but my prediction is based on nothing less thn yours is - except of course a bunch of games to look at instead of just 1.

and the problem is money doesnt grow on trees and salary caps aren't infinitly high. Flynn does have upside, i agree.

but if a bidding war or something starts he could very well wind up being Cassell, Kolb, Feely, etc. and why take that risk when we can just draft someone.

I agree but the problem is the QB's we do draft arent worth a damn because we never have the balls to just draft a franchise QB IMO.

mat moore would carve up some sqauds on GB bet on it - but my prediction is based on nothing less thn yours is - except of course a bunch of games to look at instead of just 1.

and the problem is money doesnt grow on trees and salary caps aren't infinitly high. Flynn does have upside, i agree.

but if a bidding war or something starts he could very well wind up being Cassell, Kolb, Feely, etc. and why take that risk when we can just draft someone.

Well you heard the stat today with Matt Moore and our talent on offense we were 2nd in the NFL in plays of 25 yards of more only to GB and there much, much better talent. You'd have to conclude Moore would, at the very least be able to produce more big plays if he was on the GB offense.

Because we dont want to "just draft someone". Since we cannot get Luck, we need to get the best available guy possible. Flynn has 2 starts against playoff teams now and has looked great in both of them. The Qbs available to us in the draft are not anything to be excited about. At least with Flynn we know he can read the defenses, command the offense and make the throws.

Matt Moore doesn't have the arm strength to carve up anyone.

Because we dont want to "just draft someone". Since we cannot get Luck, we need to get the best available guy possible. Flynn has 2 starts against playoff teams now and has looked great in both of them. The Qbs available to us in the draft are not anything to be excited about. At least with Flynn we know he can read the defenses, command the offense and make the throws.

Just from watching some of that game today, he does seem to have a good arm and a good head. There could be a lot worse moves.

Matt Moore is 6-7 against one team with a winning record. I don't see Flynn being any worse than that. Flynn has looked pretty good in limited action, what does it take to get him is the question. I have seen enough of Matt Moore as a starter...could be a very good back up! However I don't see our schedule getting any easier than 1 team with a winning record next year, so if Moore is the starter without a top QB drafted or one brought in....we are in for a loooooong season again.

So far he's shown us an impressive game, in a pressure-free setting, with an outstanding supporting cast, and no film on him vs a tentative secondary -coupled with him not being a 7th round pick by accident.

Way too small a sampling size to bracket him against Moore, or anyone other than maybe AJ Feeley. If not for the benefit of hindsight, I'd have been even more bullish on the potential of Rohan Davey, apprenticing under Tom Brady in the NE system... and a 4th rounder from the same LSU.

Back
Top Bottom