Matt Flynn Vs Matt Moore thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mia4ever, Jan 1, 2012.

1. mia4ever

mia4ever Pro Bowler

History / Experience :

Size:

Contract :

Accuracy :

Pocket present:

Arm:

begin............

2. insomnia411

insomnia411 The world is yours

Long story short I really do not believe that there is anything Matt Flynn can do that Matt Moore cannot do. We would be better off staying with Moore for continuity and drafting a qb to sit behind him.

3. houtz

houtz Pay the man!

Matt Moore wouldn't have outplayed Stafford whether he was on the Packers or not.

4. vagrantprodigy

vagrantprodigy A True Fan

Matt Moore = Journeyman starter or Career backup. Limited Upside

Matt Flynn = Possibly a great QB, at worst, has the potential to be a long term starter on a team.

5. Kistner10

Kistner10 Starter

At worst he is going to be a long term starter?? Rob Johnson or Kevin Kolb anybody??

I'd take Flynn if we brought in Clements as our head coach.

6. vagrantprodigy

When did Rob Johnson and Kevin Kolb throw for 6 td's and almost 500 yards in one game?

7. WeVie

WeVie Champion Of The Beards!

I don't know what kind of opinion to form about him but he sure did look like a superstar today.

I do not think the team should pay out a bunch of money for him based on that one game. Didn't he play a couple of games last year and not play very good at all?

8. Jersey DolFan

Jersey DolFan Banned Hammered

LoL dismissing the packers talent is EPIC.

a new low for Finheaven, but not suprrising all the same.

mat moore would carve up some sqauds on GB bet on it - but my prediction is based on nothing less thn yours is - except of course a bunch of games to look at instead of just 1.

and the problem is money doesnt grow on trees and salary caps aren't infinitly high. Flynn does have upside, i agree.

but if a bidding war or something starts he could very well wind up being Cassell, Kolb, Feely, etc. and why take that risk when we can just draft someone.

9. Thumper1016

Thumper1016 A True Fan

I agree but the problem is the QB's we do draft arent worth a damn because we never have the balls to just draft a franchise QB IMO.

10. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro

Well you heard the stat today with Matt Moore and our talent on offense we were 2nd in the NFL in plays of 25 yards of more only to GB and there much, much better talent. You'd have to conclude Moore would, at the very least be able to produce more big plays if he was on the GB offense.

11. jonanthans

jonanthans LES f**g MILES

Because we dont want to "just draft someone". Since we cannot get Luck, we need to get the best available guy possible. Flynn has 2 starts against playoff teams now and has looked great in both of them. The Qbs available to us in the draft are not anything to be excited about. At least with Flynn we know he can read the defenses, command the offense and make the throws.

12. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

Matt Moore doesn't have the arm strength to carve up anyone.

13. WeVie

WeVie Champion Of The Beards!

Just from watching some of that game today, he does seem to have a good arm and a good head. There could be a lot worse moves.

14. 67Stang

67Stang FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Matt Moore is 6-7 against one team with a winning record. I don't see Flynn being any worse than that. Flynn has looked pretty good in limited action, what does it take to get him is the question. I have seen enough of Matt Moore as a starter...could be a very good back up! However I don't see our schedule getting any easier than 1 team with a winning record next year, so if Moore is the starter without a top QB drafted or one brought in....we are in for a loooooong season again.

15. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

So far he's shown us an impressive game, in a pressure-free setting, with an outstanding supporting cast, and no film on him vs a tentative secondary -coupled with him not being a 7th round pick by accident.

Way too small a sampling size to bracket him against Moore, or anyone other than maybe AJ Feeley. If not for the benefit of hindsight, I'd have been even more bullish on the potential of Rohan Davey, apprenticing under Tom Brady in the NE system... and a 4th rounder from the same LSU.

16. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

How has that 'just draft someone' done for MIA since Marino? Silly.

17. 67Stang

I would give a 4th for him at the most. Some people act like Moore is a rookie, he isn't and had almost a full season (minus 3 games) against sub par teams and couldn't muster a winning record or even a split.

18. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

wrong matt moore cant make all the throws as flynn can and flynn has a stronger arm ,another thing i just dont see a QB in the draft that would be a better pick than flynn except maybe luck but would cost us our 1st rounder for the next 4-5 years. flynn is the real deal and not just because of todays game in his first nfl game he almost beat the pats , he did take them down to the wire . belive me flynn is for real and not only has he been in the nfl for a few years but has learned from one of the best QBs thats playing the game , as i said theres nobody coming out this year that would be a better pickup other than luck,imo we could prob get flynn for a 2nd /or maybe a 2nd and a player . but i have been watching flynn for a while and he is going to be the real deal for some franchise , i just hope its for miami.

19. Vaark

Actually as a starter pressed into service without the benefit of a preseason, he's actually 6-6. Matt Ryan's beaten 1 more winning team than has Moore (that would be Detroit and Detroit only). Ditto Phillip Rivers (it being Baltimore). And both Ryan and Rivers did have preseason snaps!

Bracket that against your guy Henne who since Dec 2010 was 1-8. I too thought Henne got a raw deal - that's at least until I saw the difference in Moore from leadership to 3rd down conversions to wins. .. and then I embraced what for us has been manna from heaven (especially considering it could have been Orton instead). I suggest you give credit where due and get over Henne.. he ain't coming back.

20. 67Stang

Vaark, the Bolts game is on Moore as well....please don't go there. Being pressed into service, he has been in the league for 5 years. I am freaking tired of excuses for a guy who played 1 team with a winning record.....one....and had almost as many fumbles as touchdowns.....2 of those fumbles being major reasons we lost 2 games.

21. Vaark

yet oddly you never pointed out Henne's obvious shortcomings.. and I know cause I usually monitored the anti-Henne threads closely to gauge relative objectivity. As I am with Moore since I don't know that he's the answer, but I sure don't know that he's not either. What I do know is he has earned the right this next preseason to legitimately compete for the starting job. When Chad went 1-7 in his last 8 games, put up abysmal 3rd down conversion records, was one of the worst in 25+yd completions (unlike Moore who's one of the best), were you calling for his removal?

22. DolfanISS

No, that was all Hennings fault.

23. 67Stang

Good God man, this has nothing to do with Henne.....it is like a broken freaking record with people because that is all there is to fall back on. Dabolls offense is so much more QB and winning friendly than Hennings was. I am so beyond Henne at this point....Henne faced stiffer competition last year including 2 playoff teams from our Div and still had almost the identical record Moore did this year, with a running back with a 5.0 running average. I don't want Henne or Moore to be our starter so please stop bringing up irrelevant crap! I expect it from a few, but not you. I consider you some what educated on most of the stuff here. Henne and Moore = 7-9 to 8-8.....Neither are the answer.

24. 67Stang

So what is Moore's excuse? Ya, exactly!

25. hoops

hoops exited stage left

if i'm miami i'm callin matt flynn and seeing what kind of money that kids lookin for...everytime that kid plays he looks like he belongs...the freakin coachin staff in green bay can't stop gushing about how the kid looks in camp and practice...

but i bet ireland and company view it as a lateral move between him and moore and look elsewhere...mistake imo but probably goes that route

26. hoops

hoops exited stage left

he can pass for 6 tds...just sayin

27. 67Stang

Hey we got a guy who has been in the league 5 years and was 6-7 in games he played this year against sub par competition and had 16 TDs to 14 fumbles without a single win against a winning team.....Reply...you are just saying that because you supported Henne. Freaking pathetic! I guess when you know there is no way around that, you have to resort to something.

28. DolfanISS

Well when did moore go 1-7 in 8 games with the dolphins? How can I make excuses for something that hasn't happened.

29. vagrantprodigy

The thing some of you are missing is that Flynn is a FA. They aren't going to tag him, because they won't have the cap room, and they also are going to have to tag their TE Finley. If we offer him more than other teams, and get a coach or offensive coordinator he knows, he's likely to sign with us.

30. hoops

hoops exited stage left

jeesh...if you watched matt ryan last week against the saints despite the loss play qb and came away saying to yourself matt moore is if not the same level close the the same caliber qb as matt ryan i LMAO at you...for real...i don't care if the falcons only scored 16 points in that game...matt ryan was money in that game...

if your comparing matt ryan and matt moore its out of ignorance...sorry but its time we get down to the nitty gritty...

31. hoops

hoops exited stage left

hmmm...i think they do tag finley but i also think to lose that qb for freakin free when he would have a market in trade seems unlikely...they're in a tough spot...if they put flynn on the free agent market someones coming with good money with a legit offer...cleveland maybe...we should be listening also to whatever his demands are...this kid can play

6 tds coming off one week to prepare...i don't care what he has around him...that is legit

32. 67Stang

Ya, when did Moore go 6-2 on the road? Ya, owned again! Keep em coming though and I will keep slapping them back in your face.

33. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

why not just get flynn and let the two do their talking on the field?

flynn to me has more upside because he sat behind the best QB in the league and saw how it was done and now he is ready to take his knowledge to an NFL team he can run himself. That to me spells a quicker success rate but either way I think we can be a dangerous team from the get go with a full offseason and an upgraded Oline.

34. 67Stang

If your argument for Moore involves Henne as a defense, please don't post and save yourself embarrassment!

35. 3rdandinches

3rdandinches Seasoned Veteran

I have a hard time figuring out any negatives to signing J.Philbin as HC, T.Clements as OC and signing M.Flynn as our QB. If M.Flynn is not an upgrade over M.Moore then it only cost us money, no wasted picks.

36. hoops

hoops exited stage left

if you pay matt flynn in free agency what his market will dictate coming off todays rediculous #'s and matt moore makes backup money by nfl terms which is what he's being paid right now there is no damn competition...matt flynn is your starter...if your looking to make a comp out of it best thing you can do is stay out of the flynn race cause you'll never be in play financially anyways...

37. DolfanISS

Please, then followed that act up with 3 home losses to losing teams, yeah good one. Mark Sanchez has 4 road playoff wins, guess he's great.

38. 67Stang

No they all suck as starters....I hope NY Keeps Sanchez for exactly the same reasons I don't want Henne or Moore as a starter. Man it is not rocket science.

39. hoops

hoops exited stage left

if you can get flynn for say 5 years $45 mil of which say $20 mil is guaranteed in free agency i think we should jump at it...you can eat that contract if he fails and you still have matt moore at like $3 mil next year...if matt flynn is gonna get a 7 year $63 mil deal with a rediculous guaranteed number like that bumb kevin kolb got from zona you better have a damn conviction about the kid...imo the kid can play but if someones offering up that money i don't know...your basicalyy getting yourself in a top pick old cba qb jam if he fails...but at least this kids shown to date he can play at this level...if you can't get up to andrew luck in trade maybe you take the chance...

40. vagrantprodigy

They'll get a third round compensatory pick out of flynn regardless. On the trade market, they'd probably get a second, but the problem would be the 14 mil or so guaranteed by the franchise tag. Easier to let him walk for the third, and be sure of keeping Finley.