Matt Flynn Vs Matt Moore thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Flynn Vs Matt Moore thread

Because we dont want to "just draft someone". Since we cannot get Luck, we need to get the best available guy possible. Flynn has 2 starts against playoff teams now and has looked great in both of them. The Qbs available to us in the draft are not anything to be excited about. At least with Flynn we know he can read the defenses, command the offense and make the throws.

How has that 'just draft someone' done for MIA since Marino? Silly.

So far he's shown us an impressive game, in a pressure-free setting, with an outstanding supporting cast, and no film on him vs a tentative secondary -coupled with him not being a 7th round pick by accident.

Way too small a sampling size to bracket him against Moore, or anyone other than maybe AJ Feeley. If not for the benefit of hindsight, I'd have been even more bullish on the potential of Rohan Davey, apprenticing under Tom Brady in the NE system... and a 4th rounder from the same LSU.
I would give a 4th for him at the most. Some people act like Moore is a rookie, he isn't and had almost a full season (minus 3 games) against sub par teams and couldn't muster a winning record or even a split.

Long story short I really do not believe that there is anything Matt Flynn can do that Matt Moore cannot do. We would be better off staying with Moore for continuity and drafting a qb to sit behind him.

wrong matt moore cant make all the throws as flynn can and flynn has a stronger arm ,another thing i just dont see a QB in the draft that would be a better pick than flynn except maybe luck but would cost us our 1st rounder for the next 4-5 years. flynn is the real deal and not just because of todays game in his first nfl game he almost beat the pats , he did take them down to the wire . belive me flynn is for real and not only has he been in the nfl for a few years but has learned from one of the best QBs thats playing the game , as i said theres nobody coming out this year that would be a better pickup other than luck,imo we could prob get flynn for a 2nd /or maybe a 2nd and a player . but i have been watching flynn for a while and he is going to be the real deal for some franchise , i just hope its for miami.

Matt Moore is 6-7 against one team with a winning record. I don't see Flynn being any worse than that. Flynn has looked pretty good in limited action, what does it take to get him is the question. I have seen enough of Matt Moore as a starter...could be a very good back up! However I don't see our schedule getting any easier than 1 team with a winning record next year, so if Moore is the starter without a top QB drafted or one brought in....we are in for a loooooong season again.

Actually as a starter pressed into service without the benefit of a preseason, he's actually 6-6. Matt Ryan's beaten 1 more winning team than has Moore (that would be Detroit and Detroit only). Ditto Phillip Rivers (it being Baltimore). And both Ryan and Rivers did have preseason snaps!

Bracket that against your guy Henne who since Dec 2010 was 1-8. I too thought Henne got a raw deal - that's at least until I saw the difference in Moore from leadership to 3rd down conversions to wins. .. and then I embraced what for us has been manna from heaven (especially considering it could have been Orton instead). I suggest you give credit where due and get over Henne.. he ain't coming back.

Actually as a starter pressed into service without the benefit of a preseason, he's actually 6-6. Matt Ryan's beaten 1 more winning team than has Moore (that would be Detroit and Detroit only). Ditto Phillip Rivers (it being Baltimore). And both Ryan and Rivers did have preseason snaps!

Bracket that against your guy Henne who since Dec 2010 was 1-8. I too thought Henne got a raw deal - that's at least until I saw the difference in Moore from leadership to 3rd down conversions to wins. .. and then I embraced what for us has been manna from heaven (especially considering it could have been Orton instead). I suggest you give credit where due and get over Henne.. he ain't coming back.

Vaark, the Bolts game is on Moore as well....please don't go there. Being pressed into service, he has been in the league for 5 years. I am freaking tired of excuses for a guy who played 1 team with a winning record.....one....and had almost as many fumbles as touchdowns.....2 of those fumbles being major reasons we lost 2 games.

Vaark, the Bolts game is on Moore as well....please don't go there. Being pressed into service, he has been in the league for 5 years. I am freaking tired of excuses for a guy who played 1 team with a winning record.....one....and had almost as many fumbles as touchdowns.....2 of those fumbles being major reasons we lost 2 games.

yet oddly you never pointed out Henne's obvious shortcomings.. and I know cause I usually monitored the anti-Henne threads closely to gauge relative objectivity. As I am with Moore since I don't know that he's the answer, but I sure don't know that he's not either. What I do know is he has earned the right this next preseason to legitimately compete for the starting job. When Chad went 1-7 in his last 8 games, put up abysmal 3rd down conversion records, was one of the worst in 25+yd completions (unlike Moore who's one of the best), were you calling for his removal?

yet oddly you never pointed out Henne's obvious shortcomings.. and I know cause I usually monitored the anti-Henne threads closely to gauge relative objectivity. As I am with Moore since I don't know that he's the answer, but I sure don't know that he's not either. What I do know is he has earned the right this next preseason to legitimately compete for the starting job. When Chad went 1-7 in his last 8 games, put up abysmal 3rd down conversion records, was one of the worst in 25+yd completions (unlike Moore who's one of the best), were you calling for his removal?

No, that was all Hennings fault.

Good God man, this has nothing to do with Henne.....it is like a broken freaking record with people because that is all there is to fall back on. Dabolls offense is so much more QB and winning friendly than Hennings was. I am so beyond Henne at this point....Henne faced stiffer competition last year including 2 playoff teams from our Div and still had almost the identical record Moore did this year, with a running back with a 5.0 running average. I don't want Henne or Moore to be our starter so please stop bringing up irrelevant crap! I expect it from a few, but not you. I consider you some what educated on most of the stuff here. Henne and Moore = 7-9 to 8-8.....Neither are the answer.

if i'm miami i'm callin matt flynn and seeing what kind of money that kids lookin for...everytime that kid plays he looks like he belongs...the freakin coachin staff in green bay can't stop gushing about how the kid looks in camp and practice...

but i bet ireland and company view it as a lateral move between him and moore and look elsewhere...mistake imo but probably goes that route

Long story short I really do not believe that there is anything Matt Flynn can do that Matt Moore cannot do. We would be better off staying with Moore for continuity and drafting a qb to sit behind him.

he can pass for 6 tds...just sayin

Hey we got a guy who has been in the league 5 years and was 6-7 in games he played this year against sub par competition and had 16 TDs to 14 fumbles without a single win against a winning team.....Reply...you are just saying that because you supported Henne. Freaking pathetic! I guess when you know there is no way around that, you have to resort to something.

The thing some of you are missing is that Flynn is a FA. They aren't going to tag him, because they won't have the cap room, and they also are going to have to tag their TE Finley. If we offer him more than other teams, and get a coach or offensive coordinator he knows, he's likely to sign with us.

jeesh...if you watched matt ryan last week against the saints despite the loss play qb and came away saying to yourself matt moore is if not the same level close the the same caliber qb as matt ryan i LMAO at you...for real...i don't care if the falcons only scored 16 points in that game...matt ryan was money in that game...

if your comparing matt ryan and matt moore its out of ignorance...sorry but its time we get down to the nitty gritty...

Back
Top Bottom