Matt Miller's 7 Round Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Miller's 7 Round Mock Draft

Mike13

I am a golden god
Reaction score
Deslided for your convenience.

The Pick: DE Harold Landry, Boston CollegeLandry is one of my favorite players to watch in the 2017 draft class. He finished 2016 strong with a dominant performance in the Quick Lane Bowl. Landry, a natural edge, has the length and power to play as a 4-3 defensive end.
Dolphins fans will enter the offseason coming off a playoff berth expecting to patch holes on the roster to make a run at the Patriots in the division. To do that, you have to be able to consistently get after the quarterback. If Cameron Wake isn't back in 2017, Landry takes his spot on the roster. And even if he is, Landry can be an ideal rotational pass-rusher.
Free agency will play a big role in shaping the needs of the Dolphins, but finding another outside pass-rusher is huge.

More here.

In that scenario, I find it hard to believe we would pass on Cunningham. Looking at DEs, I think I'd like Charles Harris but my knowledge of Landry is limited. If we did go DE in the first I'd rather take Walker in the 2nd than Hodges. TE to me is not as big a need as LB. Not even close. The rest I don't mind though Clement seems like luxury in the 5th though there is lots of value there.

Ton of defense in that first round. Wonder why Peppers is so low? Any ideas there?

He has Miami taking Hodges in the 2nd and Beckwith in the 3rd. Along with Landry that sounds like a nice draft for Miami.

I have tried watching Harold Landry and I'm just having a tough time with him. Wrong games, I think.

Ton of defense in that first round. Wonder why Peppers is so low? Any ideas there?

He has Miami taking Hodges in the 2nd and Beckwith in the 3rd. Along with Landry that sounds like a nice draft for Miami.

How are we taking a guy in the 3rd round when we have no 3rd round pick?

Ozzy rules!!

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Never mind. I see he's giving us 2 comp picks but it's that a sure thing?

Ozzy rules!!

Actually really like the 2nd and 3rd round picks. Also, that this mock seems to account for the hype on pass rushers and offensive linemen that no other mocks are adjusting to. Have a thing for Kendell Beckwith. His ACL tear is unfortunate. Really hoping he can do a pro-day. But, there is no way we pass on Cunningham in round 1.

Actually really like the 2nd and 3rd round picks. Also, that this mock seems to account for the hype on pass rushers and offensive linemen that no other mocks are adjusting to. Have a thing for Kendell Beckwith. His ACL tear is unfortunate. Really hoping he can do a pro-day. But, there is no way we pass on Cunningham in round 1.

I don't think he'll be there that late.

Ozzy rules!!

How are we taking a guy in the 3rd round when we have no 3rd round pick?

Ozzy rules!!

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Never mind. I see he's giving us 2 comp picks but it's that a sure thing?

Ozzy rules!!

Must be assuming compensatory picks.

Swap out Hodges for Anthony Walker, and I'd be happy with this. Dominick Sanders - who I like a lot - is returning to Georgia, though. Good value on Tomlinson. Harold Landry is a stud.

I don't care much for Matt Miller, but this a solid mock for Miami - not great, but solid.

Idk anything about Landry but Cunningham has to be he pick there

Idk anything about Landry but Cunningham has to be he pick there

Landry should be a SLB in Miami, who would put his hand in the ground on passing downs. He led the nation in sacks, sack yardage, and forced fumbles. His agility/ability to bend the corner without losing speed is his best attribute. Length also looks good - guessing his arms are in the 33 1/2-34" range. I don't think he's strong enough to play DE on base downs in the NFL, but he'll improve in this area.

Landry should be a SLB in Miami, who would put his hand in the ground on passing downs. He led the nation in sacks, sack yardage, and forced fumbles. His agility/ability to bend the corner without losing speed is his best attribute. Length also looks good - guessing his arms are in the 33 1/2-34" range. I don't think he's strong enough to play DE on base downs in the NFL, but he'll improve in this area.

So you project him to a different position you are saying? I really hate drafting guys high with the idea of changing their position. Its a big risk

So you project him to a different position you are saying? I really hate drafting guys high with the idea of changing their position. Its a big risk

He played more LB as a sophomore. It's what Denver did with Von Miller, Seattle with Bruce Irvin, Oakland with Khalil Mack, Minnesota with Anthony Barr, and Atlanta with Vic Beasley. I think a lot of people around here are more concerned about it than they should be, because D. Jordan is not good at football (and an overrated athlete).

He played more LB as a sophomore. It's what Denver did with Von Miller, Seattle with Bruce Irvin, Oakland with Khalil Mack, Minnesota with Anthony Barr, and Atlanta with Vic Beasley. I think a lot of people around here are more concerned about it than they should be, because D. Jordan is not good at football (and an overrated athlete).

Good points

Back
Top Bottom