Matt Moore destroyed these same Jets last year... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore destroyed these same Jets last year...

stephins87

Active Roster
Reaction score
And his reward for that was... nothing. He had a top 3 QB rating over the last few weeks of the season. Our front office responds by going out and signing a guy out of the buffet booth and giving him a $10 million deal. Meanwhile Matt Moore sits there rotting, again. He is just as good as Cutler, if not way better, and he knows the WR's. This lets me know the coaching staff and front office really don't get it.

fwiw, Cutler is a missed kick from 0-2.

Last year's Jets didn't have McCown, who torched our defense yesterday.

And his reward for that was... nothing. He had a top 3 QB rating over the last few weeks of the season. Our front office responds by going out and signing a guy out of the buffet booth and giving him a $10 million deal. Meanwhile Matt Moore sits there rotting, again. He is just as good as Cutler, if not way better, and he knows the WR's. This lets me know the coaching staff and front office really don't get it.

fwiw, Cutler is a missed kick from 0-2.

And Moore was a hail mary kick in Buffalo from Franks from being 1-3 . . . and Tannehill was a Parkey miss last year from being 0-5.

That whole team came out unprepared. None of those 3 QBs were winning that game yesterday. I hate to break it to you.

The Jets where pissed off from last weeks dance. We would have had a hard time beating them with Marino in his prime. No run game WR not getting any separation OL not blocking very well. They where just ready for there home opener, and we where the team that happened to play them.

A team's performance in its 2nd game is not indicative of its ultimate identity. If this result occurred in the 2nd quarter of the season schedule this loss would reveal the Dolphins' true identity.

One encouraging aspect of the game was the stout run defense, holding the Jets to 3.0 YPC. That's two weeks in a row, and will pay dividends down the road if shutting down the run can be sustained.

The offensive ineptitude was what was most alarming. We will learn very quickly the next two games against the Saints and Titans whether it is fixable or whether Cutler is done.

And Moore was a hail mary kick in Buffalo from Franks from being 1-3 . . . and Tannehill was a Parkey miss last year from being 0-5.

That whole team came out unprepared. None of those 3 QBs were winning that game yesterday. I hate to break it to you.

Amen. So tired of people cherry-picking shoulda's and coulda's.

Concerning yesterday, that was a team effort egg laying. I saw it in person - not one, let alone 3 different players were chaging that game outcome.

A team's performance in its 2nd game is not indicative of its ultimate identity. If this result occurred in the 2nd quarter of the season schedule this loss would reveal the Dolphins' true identity.

I think that's true in the vast majority of cases, but think about how New England performed in New Orleans last week, and ask yourself if that had anything to do with their identity as a team.

The problem as I saw it yesterday is that a team that believes it's good and believes it has a shot to contend at a high level probably doesn't come out looking as inept as the Dolphins did yesterday. They see each week as a part of what it takes to get to their ultimate destiny as perhaps a Super Bowl team, and they play accordingly, with that long-term goal guiding and inspiring them.

This is how New England came out and walloped New Orleans last week. They weren't going to let their week one performance disturb their long-term view of themselves.

By contrast, I have to wonder what this team really believes about itself in terms of its potential.

One encouraging aspect of the game was the stout run defense, holding the Jets to 3.0 YPC. That's two weeks in a row, and will pay dividends down the road if shutting down the run can be sustained.

The offensive ineptitude was what was most alarming. We will learn very quickly the next two games against the Saints and Titans whether it is fixable or whether Cutler is done.
Yes week 3 was odd around the league but doesn't excuse us.
Our run D has been excellent IMO. We are 6th in points allowed right now, doubtful we'll be able to hold steady there but if we can hover close to it we should be ok once we get a couple players back.
I do believe the next two games will decide Cutler's fate, if he is still struggling after Tenn you have to go w/ Moore.

Yup, for all the hysteria about the defense, its the offense that has proven to be a flop. If the offense was 75% of what we thought it could be so far, this team would be looking good right now with the defense holding its own...especially impressive with zero help from the offense.

Going to be interesting to see how the O comes out in London, and the plays Gase sends out to get em going.

QB is the most important position, but football is still a team sport. 52 other guys on the roster and only a fairly small fraction did their jobs well enough to walk out with a win on the road vs a division rival yesterday.

However, for what it's worth I don't think Cutler was one that did his well at all. He was really bad. Not sure he is a better solution than Moore until 2018, but QB play was just one area of deficiency...run blocking was atrocious; CB play other than Howard was laughable; LBs were liabilities in coverage and middling overall. Safeties were non factors. Inconsistent pass rush. Too many penalties.

Whole team needs to right the ship.

Moore would've be ineffective as well considering the running game was **** yesterday. The defense last year had 3 INTs and 3 sacks in that game vs the Jets late in the year. They didn't come close to that yesterday.

Ineptitude all around.

Moore can only play QB. How would that have fixed the other 21 positions that failed as well?

Back
Top Bottom