Matt Moore lovers....See why we got Cutler? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore lovers....See why we got Cutler?

How about changing that to if Cutler gets hurt and misses 2-4 games.

I really have not enjoyed your tone tonight!

What don't you enjoy? That I feel like our defense is going to be bad, that our OL is very concerning again, and that Julius Thomas looks slow? Well, I'm just being honest.

Cutler hasn't started 16 games since 2009. And he's played a lot of games dinged up and not at 100%. And he's only getting older and I have no confidence in the OL.

I think Cutler is much more likely to miss a couple of games than play at full 16. Doesn't mean we're going to have a bad season because of it; in fact, it's my entire point that Matt Moore gives us a good shot to win those games as a relief QB.

He can "Not" emphasis "Not" throw on the run! He has two left feet when moving around or scrambling. makes poor decisions. But he can throw a good deep ball.

Matt Moore: 1 Int in the redzone, 1 pick 6. I will just leave this here

lol I'll eat crow. But I wouldn't exactly call myself a "Matt Moore lover" or anything like that. Just I thought he could take over the keys for Thill. Glad we have Cutler. Whatever happens, I have trust in Gase to make the right calls!

Anyone who's opinion of Moore changes over a preseason performance is an idiot. I don't think I've ever seen him have a good preseason game ever.

With that said, yeah Cutler is better. He's not gonna be shy that's for **** sure.

Miami on 3rd down with Tannehill:

52 of 149 = 34.9%

Miami on 4th down with Tannehill:

0 of 4 = 0%

Miami wins under Tannehill:

Cleveland (OT) = Worst

San Francisco = 2nd Worst

L.A. Rams = 5th Worst

NY Jets = 6th Worst (tie)

SD Chargers = 6th Worst (tie)

Bills = 10th Worst (tie) - Ajayi 214 yards, 1 TD

Cardinals = 13th Worst (Moore led Miami to GWD)

Steelers = 26th Worst (tie) - Ajayi 204 yards, 2 TD

Tannehill QB stats overall = 261 of 389 (67.1%), 2995 yards (7.7 YPA), 19 TD 12 INT = 93.5 QB rating

Tannehill QB rating vs teams with non-losing record = 113 of 164, 1242 yards, 3 TD 7 INT = 79.37%

Miami PPG under Tannehill = 21.61

Sack % = every 13.41 pass attempts

Tannehill’s opponents record vs teams beat = 35-77 (.312) if including AZ = 42-85-1 (.333)

Miami on 3rd down with Moore:

23 of 51 = 45.1%

Miami on 4th down with Moore:

2 of 4 = 50%

Moore QB stats overall = 84 of 123 (68.29%), 1010 yards (8.21 YPA), 9 TD 4 INT (includes Pitt) = 104.05 QB rating

Moore QB rating vs teams with non-losing record = 53 of 70, 494 yards, 3 TD 2 INT = 96.96

Miami PPG under Moore = 24 (includes Pitt in playoff), 27.33 without Pitt

Sacks = every 20.5 pass attempts (includes Pitt in playoff) every 87 pass attempts without Pitt

Moore’s opponents record vs teams beat = 12-20 (.375)
Matt Moore beat the Jets and Bills. The ball was taken out of his hands in the OT in Buffalo. He got pounded by the Pats and Steelers. 3 critical turnovers in that playoff game. You failed to account for his 3 lost fumbles in those 2 losses as well.

He didn't outplay Tannehill. Not even close.

I'm just damn glad that matt moores hospital balls didn't get one of our plan a's hurt today. It almost got dvp a leg injury in pursuit on the first pick.

The 2nd pick the db is sitting inside of the tight end the entire time coming out of the cut. He has to come off of that post snap. But he didn't.

Real damn glad no one got hurt chasing the ball the other way.

This team has one qb and I got to get used to his flat footed throws. If he stepped into his throws he wouldn't underthrow em as much. But that's how jay plays qb and it's not gonna change. Im glad we have him cause 16 games of matt Moore and I would hate the game.

Last edited:
He literally decides on where he's throwing the football before the play snaps. And he does it often. It's one of the worse habits a quarterback can have.

Happy to have him as a backup, but I'd be furious to have to sit through a full season with him as the starter.

He literally decides on where he's throwing the football before the play snaps. And he does it often. It's one of the worse habits a quarterback can have.

Happy to have him as a backup, but I'd be furious to have to sit through a full season with him as the starter.

He's not the only qb that does that. Although cutlers is more head and eyes in his drop faulty than pre snap decision with no post snap verification.

I don't understand the happy to have him as a backup. I cringe every time he drops back to pass. I'd rather have a backup that can't run the whole offense due to experience or physical limitations than a guy is just as likely as not to have a brain fart on a 3 yard slant to a TE. You literally have to hope there are no good defensive calls or good reads by the defense, cause Moore is going to throw right into them.

Back
Top Bottom