Matt Moore>Matt Flynn | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore>Matt Flynn

rdksek844

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Before anyone gets too crazy over Flynn, please watch the highlights of both the lions game and the patriots games. I know the Pats ga,e was his first, but I was not overly impressed with his throwing. In the lions game a huge portion of his success was YAC. The green bay packers have a great receiver core and excellent blocking that made him look better than he really was. Not to mention that the lions just flat out looked flat in the backfield. Almost like they expected to lose no matter who the qb was. In the pats game he looked a lot more human and the success he did have was again YAC executed very well is great blocking and great receiver talent.

In my opinion, Moore has done a great job with a LOT less to work with. If you can imagine Moore with the GB offense, how would the stats be? I imagine he would look just as good or better. I am more impressed with a qb looking decent in a mediocre offense, than a mediocre qb in an excellent offense.

Watch Moore play.

He thorws horrible passes. Aside from a few good ones, most of em are behind the WR

I asked this in another thread but how strong is Flynns arm? I saw him throw about a 40 yarder (i think it was about 40) - not a very hard pass to throw, that was well behind Nelson. The throw was weak.

I wouldnt say that flynn is better than moore , or the other way around.  Flynn is in a great system and that is obvious.  Moore is serviceable.  The difference is that we already have Moore and would have to give up something to get Flynn IMO.  Ill stick with moore and draft his replacement

Moores biggest weakness is arm strength and thats not coachable. Keep in mind Flynn was throwing a frozen ball in blistering winds and snow yesterday. Moore had picture perfect weather.

I agree with rdksek844, i think that Moore could be our guy and we should use our draft picks for offensive line, resign Henne as a back up.

I wouldnt say that flynn is better than moore , or the other way around. Flynn is in a great system and that is obvious. Moore is serviceable. The difference is that we already have Moore and would have to give up something to get Flynn IMO. Ill stick with moore and draft his replacement

The only thing we have to give up for Flynn is money. He is a Free Agent after this year. If our FO is targeting him, we better pray nothing happens to Aaron Rodgers and Flynn steps in and lead them to the Super Bowl.

Flynn has better arm strength, senses pressure better, has better ball placement, and is all around a better player than Moore.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

I agree with rdksek844, i think that Moore could be our guy and we should use our draft picks for offensive line, resign Henne as a back up.

Henne won't want to be a backup. He showed enough at the beginning of the year to be able to compete for a starting job elsewhere.

for some reason I have Kevin Kolb going through my mind. A career backup being heralded as a savior.

Beware is all I'll say. I'd rather draft a talent.

with the way the Packers are playing AJ Feeley would look like Peyton Manning.

The problem is we have been watching Moore all year long. He falls apart in the 2nd half, he fumbles the ball and misses wide open recievers.

Flynn has played 2 games with NO running game and excelled in both games. Also, he had less than 1 week to take snaps with the starting team prior to
both of his starts, against 2 playoff teams. No Greg Jennings in the game against Detroit. And the Lions scored 41 points, I don't buy the argument that the
Lions were laying down either.

Moores biggest weakness is arm strength and thats not coachable. Keep in mind Flynn was throwing a frozen ball in blistering winds and snow yesterday. Moore had picture perfect weather.

Moore does not have a huge arm by any means, but neither does flynn. My point was that most of his success in both games was YAC (yard after catch). Don't believe me, watch his highlights for both games and form your opinion. I was all about flynn until I watched the highlights. After that, I was more impressed with moore's ability to do well with less. FWIW, Moores attitude on field also appeared to me to be more of a motivation for the players. That can make a difference in a tight game.

The problem is we have been watching Moore all year long. He falls apart in the 2nd half, he fumbles the ball and misses wide open recievers.

Flynn has played 2 games with NO running game and excelled in both games. Also, he had less than 1 week to take snaps with the starting team prior to
both of his starts, against 2 playoff teams. No Greg Jennings in the game against Detroit. And the Lions scored 41 points, I don't buy the argument that the

I don't totally agree with this either. I think matt does a good job of not turning the ball over and making good throws with amplified attitude on the field. I also think we should go after as much good competition for him in the offseason to include at a draft pick and at least one free agent, but I would go into the offseason that the job is matts to lose.

Also, you have to admit, our receivers have dropped a lot of passes. BM was the league leader in this category last week. I know of 5 dropped tds by him alone.

Flynn was also playing in freezing, windy conditions and led his team to victory with a game-winning drive. Haven't seen much of that in Miami since #13 retired..

It's not just Moore.. it's the coaching staff not making adjustments, it's the oline play.. its many things.

Back
Top Bottom