Matt moore vs david garrard vs ryan tannehill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt moore vs david garrard vs ryan tannehill

SeanSmith24

GREATNESS
Reaction score
Matt Moore vs David Garrard vs Ryan Tannehill, who do u guys think will be the starter when we play the Texans week 1?.......Honestly im kinda hoping that matt moore has a 2010 season like and not the 6-3 2011 season for this season coming up. Then that would make the battle against Garrard and Tannehill. I feel like by week 9 Tannehill starts and have a heck of a year as a rookie qb and beyond for us, i feel like he will have a better year/career then luck and rg3, i could be wrong but as a fan i can only hope and pray for it

moorevgarrard_original_original.png

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1171033-predicting-the-miami-dolphins-quarterback-battle

I think Garrard, if healthy will win the job and they will sit Tannehill as long as they can this season. I honestly think Tannehill will be the best qb in camp and preseason but they will have him sit at least half the season or up to the bye week. The one thing that makes me wonder if Garrard can run this offense is that living in Jacksonville I know they did not allow him to make audibles. I don't know if that was Del Rio or what they felt he could handle. In a up tempo no huddle offense like were going to deploy I really don't know if Garrard can run it effectively or for that matter Moore.

i was all about tannehill sitting the year but now i really want him to start. i think moore will probly start tho. i honestly think that tannehill could and will beat out the vets. just a feeling

whether he can or cant beat them out should not be the question. The question should be will he be a better qb in the future if he sits for a year and learns. My guess is yes. Dont ruin the kid. Let Moore and Gerrard fight it out and have our future learn for a year.

My bet is Matt Moore. My hope is that they let Tannehill sit and soak for the first year of his career.

I don't think so at this point. He has to get the majority of reps . Let him take his lumps of course. People talking about putting him on the field after the bye.
That seems like losses early and gains no confidence.... For Tanny as a backup.
That is the rub. Scenario bugs me with Moore. Doubt he starts.

whether he can or cant beat them out should not be the question. The question should be will he be a better qb in the future if he sits for a year and learns. My guess is yes. Dont ruin the kid. Let Moore and Gerrard fight it out and have our future learn for a year.

i agree with you, but some can argue coming in early can be a good thing as well. esp if he has success. if he doesnt start the year the starter i still think he will get playing time like locker last year. not comparing tannehill to aikman or manning, but both of those guys got killed their first years.
and with the coaching staff we have th sky is the limit imo. philbin is a great teacher

worked for Chad Henne, right?

i agree with you, but some can argue coming in early can be a good thing as well. esp if he has success. if he doesnt start the year the starter i still think he will get playing time like locker last year. not comparing tannehill to aikman or manning, but both of those guys got killed their first years.
and with the coaching staff we have th sky is the limit imo. philbin is a great teacher

I was in the building when TBuck schooled Manning in his first start. Buckley took one back. We won by nine.

I think Moore will start and hopefully he will do well, but I have a feeling Tannehill will be in there by about the middle of the season. If you draft a guy in the first round you usually see them playing early on, unless you can make an argument that Moore is better. I think Garrard is basically just there for emergencies. So I will say Tannehill starts by Week 8.

Hopefully Tannehill makes like Matt Flynn this first year. Maybe he steps in and tears it up right away. Who knows. But it would be awesome to get the line gelled with Martin, etc. Gotta make sure the QB doesn't get killed.

Matt and David are on one year contracts. They are competing to see who stays on as the backup next year. if we are playing great Ryan will set. If not he'll play some and start the last few games.

worked for Chad Henne, right?
I think chad Henne lacked coaching so he could have sat for 10 years and the poor kid never stood a chance. All I hear about Sherman and philbin is that they are quarterback gurus. So sitting and learning will be beneficial

I T-Hill starts day one. If he plays good in training camp and show's well in preseason games why not? I don't understand how sitting him and then if we are having a dissapointing season bring him in doesn't add more pressure to a rookie QB. I think there will be even more pressure for him to push and make things happen to get us wins. I think if he knows the playbook and can operate the offense you let the guy get comfortable with our ones in TC and preseason and prepare him to be the opening day starter.

Matt Moore vs David Garrard vs Ryan Tannehill, who do u guys think will be the starter when we play the Texans week 1?.......Honestly im kinda hoping that matt moore has a 2010 season like and not the 6-3 2011 season for this season coming up. Then that would make the battle against Garrard and Tannehill. I feel like by week 9 Tannehill starts and have a heck of a year as a rookie qb and beyond for us, i feel like he will have a better year/career then luck and rg3, i could be wrong but as a fan i can only hope and pray for it

View attachment 8740

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1171033-predicting-the-miami-dolphins-quarterback-battle

Well, if I had to lay money right now, without seeing any of them operate the O, I'd say Garrard wins the battle. Not that either he or Moore are the long term answer, but Tanny's inexperience against Phillips D, BB D, Rexy's D, etc scares me a bit... The thing is, if MMoore or Garrard win the job, I hope not to see Tanny on the field except in mop up situations...if we do, that'll mean the season isn't going well...

Let me clarify one other thing, I don't think Garrard is the better of the three, I actually think Tanny will turn out to be the better and MMoore might even be better but at this point, with MMoore suddenly running an O he's never run before with his limited experience I don't see him getting the job. Conversely, Tanny, even with his experience running the O, he's still a rookie and will have some rookie errors if thrown in there...

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

I T-Hill starts day one. If he plays good in training camp and show's well in preseason games why not? I don't understand how sitting him and then if we are having a dissapointing season bring him in doesn't add more pressure to a rookie QB. I think there will be even more pressure for him to push and make things happen to get us wins. I think if he knows the playbook and can operate the offense you let the guy get comfortable with our ones in TC and preseason and prepare him to be the opening day starter.

David Carr and Joey Harrington all over again....

Back
Top Bottom