Matt Moore was 6-3 down the stretch, Moore and the new coaching staff have my support | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore was 6-3 down the stretch, Moore and the new coaching staff have my support

Rhoadsy13

Starter
Reaction score
I will be the first to say that I wanted Flynn, but thinking it over last night I came to realization that down the stretch last season we were one of the best teams in the league with Moore at the helm. Plus 2 of those losses were by 1 to the Cowboys and 3 to Patriots both on the road. I really like the addition of Marshall to an already strong D, obviously we need help at the WR position and RT which I imagine we will find in the draft.

I don't think this team is falling apart like others on here, I think we have let the media bringing us down b/c of what the football "insiders" expected us to do. Since the media is so down on us we are forgetting the way this team finished (I know I did) and now we have proven coaches both on the offensive and defensive side. I'm excited about the draft to see the direction we are going to take.

I still think we need to add a QB at some point and if it's the draft that is fine with me.

We aren't winning a damn thing with Matt Moore.

:pbanana: :pbanana: :pbanana: :pbanana: :pbanana: :pbanana: :pbanana: :pbanana: :pbanana:

In the 2nd round of the NFL draft, the Miami Dolphin take:

Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State
Height: 6-7. Weight: 242.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Hand: 9 7/8.
Projected Round (2012): 2-3.

3/5/12: Osweiler was moving up draft boards as teams prepared for the Combine. He hurt his climb by not working out in Indianapolis. Osweiler is going to need an impressive pro day to be the fourth quarterback selected. Brandon Weeden and Kirk Cousins are his competition, and they both worked out at the Combine.

Osweiler is big-armed pocket passer who has surprising mobility. The former basketball player has good athletic ability for being so tall. Looking at him, one would think he would be a statue in the pocket, but that is definitely not the case. As a junior this year, Osweiler completed 63 percent of his passes for 4,036 yards with 26 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. He also ran for 298 yards and three touchdowns. Osweiler set the school record for yards, completions and attempts. In 2010, he had only two starts, but played well, throwing for 797 yards and five touchdowns with zero interceptions while also running for 168 yards and a score.

Osweiler has real arm strength and the gun to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. He is very raw and needs some work. If Osweiler goes to a good coaching staff that can develop him for a few years, he could turn into something. It wouldn't be surprising if Osweiler's stock rises during the lead up to the draft. He should have stayed in school and improved before going pro.

Last edited by a moderator:
We went 6-6 with Matt Moore, not 6-3. More is ranked smack dab in the middle of the league in many categories when it comes to passing. In an unbearable stretch of mediocrity, can you blame anyone for wanting to upgrade the position?

I liked the way Matt played last year but I am skeptical..Look at the teams he beat.. The Bills twice..(They suck) He beat the Jets( they were in turmoil) Chiefs (Suck) Raiders (suck) and Skins ( Suck)

He helped lose big leads in the Pats game, Held the ball a bit too long in the Eagles game and also had a chance to close out the Cowboys but didnt. I like him but he is not the answer..Bring in a rookie to learn and compete. ...Here we go again indeed.

I will be the first to say that I wanted Flynn, but thinking it over last night I came to realization that down the stretch last season we were one of the best teams in the league with Moore at the helm. Plus 2 of those losses were by 1 to the Cowboys and 3 to Patriots both on the road. I really like the addition of Marshall to an already strong D, obviously we need help at the WR position and RT which I imagine we will find in the draft.

I don't think this team is falling apart like others on here, I think we have let the media bringing us down b/c of what the football "insiders" expected us to do. Since the media is so down on us we are forgetting the way this team finished (I know I did) and now we have proven coaches both on the offensive and defensive side. I'm excited about the draft to see the direction we are going to take.

Thats the way Ive seen it all along, but Ive never wanted Flynn to begin with.

But I also think we need to draft a franchise QB, whether it be this year or next year

I couldn't have said it better... Wanted Flynn but I am very pleased having Moore... Let's give him some weapons and protection.

We went 6-6 with Matt Moore, not 6-3. More is ranked smack dab in the middle of the league in many categories when it comes to passing. In an unbearable stretch of mediocrity, can you blame anyone for wanting to upgrade the position?

6-6????

Moore isn't by any means a top 10 QB, but he also took over as the starter in the middle of the season as well as a piss poor offensive coaching staff.

He has potential, give him a full season as the starter before you crucify him...

You are correct he started 0-3 but once he got comfortable (no training camp) he really settled in and played very well the 2nd half of the season. The whole team took weeks before they were game ready which was the coaches fault. I'm not saying he is our franchise QB, I'm all for drafting a Tanehill or Cousins, I just feel with our options in FA that sticking with Moore may give us the best chance to win.

I'm fine with Moore as starting QB. He might surprise all of us an elevate his game. I was on board with drafting Tannehill with #8 pick but thinking about it, I would much rather draft Riley Reiff. Tannehill #8 is too much of a reach while Riley can come in and contribute from day one.

Back
Top Bottom