Matt Moore was 6-3 down the stretch, Moore and the new coaching staff have my support | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore was 6-3 down the stretch, Moore and the new coaching staff have my support

If Sanchez can make playoffs 2 yrs in a row, I am sure Moore can if we had all the other pieces in place and Philbin taking over for Sparano. We need to draft pass rusher, TE, and 2 wr's.

6-6????

Moore isn't by any means a top 10 QB, but he also took over as the starter in the middle of the season as well as a piss poor offensive coaching staff.

He has potential, give him a full season as the starter before you crucify him...

Who's crucifying? Don't get it twisted. I'm not opposed to having Moore start in 2012, but the roster surrounding him has to be significantly better to help him out, and right now, he's lacking a #1 wr, his favorite target last year. He was signed as a backup to Henne, and he's getting backup money. I believe it is worth bringing in competition and seeing if we can't get more out of that position.

Who's crucifying? Don't get it twisted. I'm not opposed to having Moore start in 2012, but the roster surrounding him has to be significantly better to help him out, and right now, he's lacking a #1 wr, his favorite target last year. He was signed as a backup to Henne, and he's getting backup money. I believe it is worth bringing in competition and seeing if we can't get more out of that position.

Then maybe we misunderstood each other... I concur, We'll need to bring in another QB to push him, regardless if it's through the draft, FA or a mix of both... Worst case scenario we move on with the guy we drafted or draft a potential franchise QB next year. [dream]Best case, Moore becomes the next Kurt Warner and leads us to a Super bowl[/dream]

I'm ok with Moore as well. Let the underdog get a shot. Though, I still wish we would have kept Thigpen and given him a year at the reigns. I mean, with the way most people on this board speak (doom and gloom), you think we're gonna suck anyway. So give some underdogs a shot.

Look at who we beat, who we lost to and how we won. We beat crappy teams, lost to teams that were average or better, and couldn't close games we should have won. Moore lost 3 games almost single handedly with fumbles. He struggles to pass for 200 yards in a pass happy league, has no pocket presence, and crappy arm strength. Also the games he won, he had significant help from the Defense. This team has to play perfect in every aspect to win with Matt Moore at the helm, he is not the answer as a starting QB unless we are looking at drafting in the top 10 every year. I don't have anything personal against the guy, seems like a real classy dude, but I know what I saw.

So you can fall back on his QBR and 6-3 down the stretch delusion if it makes you feel better, but I know that this guy isn't taking us anywhere near the playoffs.

Matt Moore >= Alex Smith > David Garrard > Tim Tebow.

Just stick with what we have or pick up Alex Smith to compete with Moore.

You make a valid point 67stang. Very valid. I didn't watch many games last year after Henne went down. But.....I wasn't necessarily sold on Flynn with a big contract, or Peyton for his age and that type of money. But what options are there really? Draft....or pick up Garrard.....or Tebow I guess and hope that he sells tickets and prays really hard.

Matt Moore >= Alex Smith > David Garrard > Tim Tebow.

Just stick with what we have or pick up Alex Smith to compete with Moore.

Dont agree that Moore is better or even equal to smith. moore hasnt even been able to earn and keep a starting job for a full season while Smith played well last year and did not have to wait on an injury to play

Moore did not beat a 500 or better team last year. He lost to Tebow! He will hold out for a 3 year contract. We need to draft a QB in the first round. Smith is gone. Thats all we have now.

Dont agree that Moore is better or even equal to smith. moore hasnt even been able to earn and keep a starting job for a full season while Smith played well last year and did not have to wait on an injury to play

This is true. I guess it was more hyperbolic of me to post that. I just wanted to show my disdain for Tebow, lol.

I still hope we sign Alex Smith and have him compete with Moore and just avoid Garrard and Tebow.

It's clear there's a stigma following Smith around. He's been steadiy improving for a while now, but he's still labeled a total failure. He could definitely beat out Moore for the starting job.

haha at Moore is > Alex Smith. Smith won games from behind last year and closed out games, Moore fumbled or couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the last 5 minutes......get real!

Back
Top Bottom