Matt Moore

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by fanfin, Dec 28, 2012.

1. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

before I post a mock offseason, I was just curious to see if anyone here thinks MM has a future in Miami. Is he good enough to be a starter? YES. But for how long? I think if someone signs him in the offseason he will be a bridge qb to a rookie. Maybe he would want to stay here instead. And if he doesn't resign, do you think it will be just Tannehill and Devlin on the 53 in 2013?

2. Phindog

Phindog A True Fan

Yes,yes,who knows,possibly,maybe,no.

3. electrolyte

electrolyte Banned Hammered

Matt Moore is leaving Miami. He wants to start.

We should have traded him for a 4th rounder when we had the chance.

4. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

do you see them bringing in a veteran backup qb this offseason?

5. Miamifinz

Miamifinz Philbin is an idiot Donator

Moore could probably start for a handful of teams. I'd love to have him as a backup but I'm sure he is ready to move on.

6. Phin-Omenon

Phin-Omenon Ramblin' Man

As well as he handled sitting behind Tannehill all year, I highly doubt he wants to do it any longer. He wants to start and I imagine with as many teams that need QBs he just may get that.

After we bring in a young guy to compete in camp, I think we'll go into the season with just Tannehill and Devlin.

7. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

agreed, after alex smith i doubt there is a better available qb

8. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 A True Fan

When we had a chance? Who offered a fourth for Matt Moore?

9. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

MM was a good insurance policy this year. But he will find greener pastures somewhere else. The best fit for his talents right away would be BUF.

I wish him the best. He was nothing short of professional while here in MIA.

10. Mr. Day

Mr. Day Starter

I just pray that he doesn't wind up with the Jets.

11. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Really respect Matt for all he's done, his Professionalism and leadership. Would love to keep him but can't blame him for going where he can legitimately compete for a starting job - like Sparano should have permitted. What's hilarious is on the jests forums I read he's often brought as a good backup QB to sign as if he'd ever leave us for a similar role in that circus!

12. luduporcu

luduporcu Banned Hammered

When MOORE became the starter after HENNE went down, MOORE was rated the 12th best QB in THE ENTIRE NFL, despite playing for a team w/a dummy at HC; another dummy/cheapskate Owner who prevented MIAMI from getting any good OLmen in F/A and made MIAMI settle on (yech!) only one--COLUMBO; and a supposedly "vaunted D" that seemingly couldn't stop a "Pop Warner" team in crunch time. MOORE deserved to be 10-2. And lots of good "football people" know it...even if so many dimwits on this Board and also on other teams' Boards don't. Need more proof? Well, it seems like every time MOORE steps onto the field, he does well, and so does MIAMI. Even this season!

MIAMI has NO CHANCE at keeping MOORE...UNLESS MOORE himself likes it here, and has done well w/his money so that money isn't the only factor. I would put MIAMI's odds of keeping MOORE at about 100-1, against.

And i/m/o, DEVLIN is d*(k on his best day. There's a reason why no one drafted him!

13. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

Moore is outta here....good luck to him.

(I don't see him starting anywhere though. He just seems too laid back to be a full time starter.)

14. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Would love to have Moore back at about the contract we signed him for. I doubt any team is going to break the bank for Moore but some team will promise to possibilty to compete. His best interest in reality might be here because who knows what Tannehill will do next year but his pride will probably take him elsewhere. Arizona is a possibility but Im pretty sure they will draft a guy and does he really want to be in that position. My guess his decision will be purely financial which is the right thing considering he has not made a ton in the nfl. I dont see any team offering him more than 4 to 5 million to play for them. One scary thought in the back of my mind is maybe the staff wasnt all that fond of Moore esp since they brought in garrard and essentially did everything to not start Moore. I do know if he wants to go to AZ they are not going to pay much esp with the return on the Kevin Kolb contract

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

I dont think Devlin is all that but just because he wasnt drafted doesnt mean he can never be good. Cameron Wake wasnt even drafted and no team in any league touched him for two years. I like the potential of Devlin although dont think he is ready to be the backup, Devlin though is way overrated on the board

15. luduporcu

luduporcu Banned Hammered

We're talking QBs here, not DLmen. There just aren't that many topshelf NFL QBs who weren't drafted.

16. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

Doesn't scare me.

17. utahphinsfan

utahphinsfan Puck Fitzburgh

I have the feeling the jest cut ties w/ Saint Timmy, keep Sancheez because of $$, & then draft Barkley or Wilson (Arkansas)

18. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

Matt Moore wasn't drafted either.

19. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Well we dont need him to be top shelf just good enough

Tony Romo, Tony Romo and Warren Moon but in reality not much diff between a sixth rounder and undrafted
    Most top shelf players at every position are drafted

20. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

Matt Moore would easily be better than several starters in the league, the only reason why I don't feel assured that he will end up starting somewhere next year is that there are guys like Alex Smith, Matt Flynn, and Vick that could be in new digs next year and MAY end up getting ranked higher by a QB needy team, and he may end up playing second fiddle to a recently drafted QB once again. Teams now are playing young QB's early whether or not they deserve it, so unfortunately there is not as much of a market for a guy like Matt Moore, who could easily provide solid play and win enough games for a team to make the playoffs, as there probably should be.

Nevertheless I expect him to go to a team where he at least has a chance to unseat the starter, which isn't here. He would only return here if that kind of job simply wasn't available.

21. Heinegrabber

Heinegrabber Since 84 Finheaven VIP Donator

Love to see him stay hate to see him leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. sporting1972

sporting1972 Active Member

if all our free agents get signed by someone else to decent contracts we are bound to get some decent comp picks for next years draft!

23. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin PowerHungryMo'fo

If I'm MMoore I'm signing with the Cardinals. Larry Fitzgerald is QB's best friend.

24. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

He could start in Oakland, Kansas City, or New York right now. Wherever Dabol is coaching, is a good bet.

25. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

It's hard to say where Dabol is going after that terrible showing in KC.

26. Captain Lou

Captain Lou FinHeaven VIP

I say he lands in Buffalo because Fitzpatrick is due a ton of money. The Bills are cutting him!