Matt Moore | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore

fanfin

Active Roster
Reaction score
before I post a mock offseason, I was just curious to see if anyone here thinks MM has a future in Miami. Is he good enough to be a starter? YES. But for how long? I think if someone signs him in the offseason he will be a bridge qb to a rookie. Maybe he would want to stay here instead. And if he doesn't resign, do you think it will be just Tannehill and Devlin on the 53 in 2013?

Matt Moore is leaving Miami. He wants to start.

We should have traded him for a 4th rounder when we had the chance.

do you see them bringing in a veteran backup qb this offseason?

Moore could probably start for a handful of teams. I'd love to have him as a backup but I'm sure he is ready to move on.

As well as he handled sitting behind Tannehill all year, I highly doubt he wants to do it any longer. He wants to start and I imagine with as many teams that need QBs he just may get that.

After we bring in a young guy to compete in camp, I think we'll go into the season with just Tannehill and Devlin.

agreed, after alex smith i doubt there is a better available qb

MM was a good insurance policy this year. But he will find greener pastures somewhere else. The best fit for his talents right away would be BUF.

I wish him the best. He was nothing short of professional while here in MIA.

Really respect Matt for all he's done, his Professionalism and leadership. Would love to keep him but can't blame him for going where he can legitimately compete for a starting job - like Sparano should have permitted. What's hilarious is on the jests forums I read he's often brought as a good backup QB to sign as if he'd ever leave us for a similar role in that circus!

Really respect Matt for all he's done, his Professionalism and leadership. Would love to keep him but can't blame him for going where he can legitimately compete for a starting job - like Sparano should have permitted. What's hilarious is on the jests forums I read he's often brought as a good backup QB to sign as if he'd ever leave us for a similar role in that circus!

When MOORE became the starter after HENNE went down, MOORE was rated the 12th best QB in THE ENTIRE NFL, despite playing for a team w/a dummy at HC; another dummy/cheapskate Owner who prevented MIAMI from getting any good OLmen in F/A and made MIAMI settle on (yech!) only one--COLUMBO; and a supposedly "vaunted D" that seemingly couldn't stop a "Pop Warner" team in crunch time. MOORE deserved to be 10-2. And lots of good "football people" know it...even if so many dimwits on this Board and also on other teams' Boards don't. Need more proof? Well, it seems like every time MOORE steps onto the field, he does well, and so does MIAMI. Even this season!

MIAMI has NO CHANCE at keeping MOORE...UNLESS MOORE himself likes it here, and has done well w/his money so that money isn't the only factor. I would put MIAMI's odds of keeping MOORE at about 100-1, against.

And i/m/o, DEVLIN is d*(k on his best day. There's a reason why no one drafted him!

Moore is outta here....good luck to him.

(I don't see him starting anywhere though. He just seems too laid back to be a full time starter.)

Would love to have Moore back at about the contract we signed him for. I doubt any team is going to break the bank for Moore but some team will promise to possibilty to compete. His best interest in reality might be here because who knows what Tannehill will do next year but his pride will probably take him elsewhere. Arizona is a possibility but Im pretty sure they will draft a guy and does he really want to be in that position. My guess his decision will be purely financial which is the right thing considering he has not made a ton in the nfl. I dont see any team offering him more than 4 to 5 million to play for them. One scary thought in the back of my mind is maybe the staff wasnt all that fond of Moore esp since they brought in garrard and essentially did everything to not start Moore. I do know if he wants to go to AZ they are not going to pay much esp with the return on the Kevin Kolb contract

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

When MOORE became the starter after HENNE went down, MOORE was rated the 12th best QB in THE ENTIRE NFL, despite playing for a team w/a dummy at HC; another dummy/cheapskate Owner who prevented MIAMI from getting any good OLmen in F/A and made MIAMI settle on (yech!) only one--COLUMBO; and a supposedly "vaunted D" that seemingly couldn't stop a "Pop Warner" team in crunch time. MOORE deserved to be 10-2. And lots of good "football people" know it...even if so many dimwits on this Board and also on other teams' Boards don't. Need more proof? Well, it seems like every time MOORE steps onto the field, he does well, and so does MIAMI. Even this season!

MIAMI has NO CHANCE at keeping MOORE...UNLESS MOORE himself likes it here, and has done well w/his money so that money isn't the only factor. I would put MIAMI's odds of keeping MOORE at about 100-1, against.

And i/m/o, DEVLIN is d*(k on his best day. There's a reason why no one drafted him!

I dont think Devlin is all that but just because he wasnt drafted doesnt mean he can never be good. Cameron Wake wasnt even drafted and no team in any league touched him for two years. I like the potential of Devlin although dont think he is ready to be the backup, Devlin though is way overrated on the board

Would love to have Moore back at about the contract we signed him for. I doubt any team is going to break the bank for Moore but some team will promise to possibilty to compete. His best interest in reality might be here because who knows what Tannehill will do next year but his pride will probably take him elsewhere. Arizona is a possibility but Im pretty sure they will draft a guy and does he really want to be in that position. My guess his decision will be purely financial which is the right thing considering he has not made a ton in the nfl. I dont see any team offering him more than 4 to 5 million to play for them. One scary thought in the back of my mind is maybe the staff wasnt all that fond of Moore esp since they brought in garrard and essentially did everything to not start Moore. I do know if he wants to go to AZ they are not going to pay much esp with the return on the Kevin Kolb contract

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

I dont think Devlin is all that but just because he wasnt drafted doesnt mean he can never be good. Cameron Wake wasnt even drafted and no team in any league touched him for two years. I like the potential of Devlin although dont think he is ready to be the backup, Devlin though is way overrated on the board

We're talking QBs here, not DLmen. There just aren't that many topshelf NFL QBs who weren't drafted.

Back
Top Bottom