matt roth | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

matt roth

PLEEZHELPUSNICK said:
how has he been doing? i hear hes been pretty good. he just needs to learn more moves and etc.

He hasnt exactly been doing that good. He has great speed off the ball, but cant disengage from linemen. He needs to build his strength and work on different techniques to get off linemen. Once he learns some moves and techniques to get off them... he sould be ok. It is gunna take some time though. It is gunna be a learning process for him and we are gunna have to have patience with him. Luckly we are very deep at DE and dont need him to come in and contribute right away...

Nasty

I agree with the last poster. Matt Roth is a work in progress. Some good players take more time to develop and others are instant impacts. In the case unless there is a significant change Matt Roth is gonna take some time to develop. He does lack a staple move, but that is technique which will come in time. All he needs is about 2 moves and he can go from there. NFL lineman are big and strong which means he will have to get stronger in order to use leverage to toss a lineman who has less mobility. He is a typical LE prospect which might take about 2 years or so to develop barring a rapid change. I think by the end of the year you will notice that he's gotten better every week.

Back
Top Bottom