Maualuga replaces Timmons on depth chart | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maualuga replaces Timmons on depth chart

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
Rey Maualuga: The Dolphins signed Maualuga in August with the hopes that he could play alongside Timmons and eventually take over as the starting middle linebacker. Now, Maualuga is likely Timmons' replacement. The big question is whether Maualuga will remain at middle linebacker, as planned, or play outside to fill Timmons' spot. Third-year linebacker Mike Hull currently is the middle linebacker but could move outside. Maualuga brings size and a physical presence in the middle that Miami's defense lacks.

Chase Allen: With Maualuga inactive last weekend, Allen got the last-minute call to replace Timmons. The backup linebacker and core special-teams player showed well for himself with four tackles, including one for loss. However, Allen is limited in pass coverage and was exposed a few times against Los Angeles. He was taken off the field many times last week on third down and obvious passing situations. Allen will start against the Jets if Maualuga isn't game-ready, but he isn't considered a long-term replacement.

Stephone Anthony: In light of Timmons' suspension, the Dolphins acquired Anthony in a trade with the New Orleans Saints for an undisclosed 2018 draft pick. Anthony was a former first-round pick for New Orleans in 2015. It will take time for him to get acclimated to Miami's scheme

http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolp...t-has-rey-maualuga-replacing-lawrence-timmons

Chase Allen only played 13 snaps. He was our 3rd highest graded player according to PFF. Suh and Hayes were first. Mike Hull's grade was abysmal.

Anthony will be an inactive player on gameday for probably another month.

When Maualuga is healthy and in shape, we may see him in the middle and Allen outside with Hull back to being a ST's ace.

Chase Allen only played 13 snaps. He was our 3rd highest graded player according to PFF. Suh and Hayes were first. Mike Hull's grade was abysmal.

Anthony will be an inactive player on gameday for probably another month.

When Maualuga is healthy and in shape, we may see him in the middle and Allen outside with Hull back to being a ST's ace.

I'd love to see one of our in house guru's here break down Allen's snaps from last week. 4 tackles in 13 snaps looks good on the surface. How many were down the field or after he gave up a reception?

From what I saw from Allen was that he was just asked to play downhill on those snaps and crash the line, which isn't a hard responsibility to have. He wasn't really asked to play in space or anything complicated.

From what I saw from Allen was that he was just asked to play downhill on those snaps and crash the line, which isn't a hard responsibility to have. He wasn't really asked to play in space or anything complicated.
For me, that's good coaching. Don't ask player to do something he is not capable of.

in Allen's and Hull's defence, they actually did an outstanding job. ya the stats maybe show something else but these guys i'm pretty sure they weren't taking first team snaps these past weeks nor during preseason. they came in cold turkey and were thrown in to live action on the road and did an admiral job, in my opinion.
who knew who Thomas was when he started his first games... Hull kind of reminds me of him.
YES, I'M NOT SAYING HE'S LIKE THOMAS OR GOING TO BE LIKE THOMAS!! but i'm hoping he will be or close to him...

Chase Allen played pretty well at strong. He filled in and showed solid tackling. If we can't get someone to step up consistently I'm sure we'd be counting the days for McDonald to come back and play big nickel more. We could see a McDonald/Alonso/Maluaga pairing after week 8

Back
Top Bottom