Maualuga Update | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maualuga Update

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
090417_Top_2.jpg

• Maualuga moving along: Veteran linebackerRey Maualuga said Monday he’s made progress in terms of his conditioning and he’s ready to contribute in the season opener. Gase, for his part, said before practice it was too soon to determine how much playing time Maualuga would get.
http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...te--More/0a8ec124-8a9b-4bb0-9209-82540e8c9ac8

Does Tampa have a better tight end or a better third receiver? If I was them I'd want to be in 12 or 21 personnel as much as I could.

They have Cameron Brate and OJ Howard at TE. Howard is a rookie, but Brate was a beast late in the season last year. Not sure about their receivers.

Just looked at their left tackle....the kid is huge....their whole offensive line is 6'5"+ 330LBS+

"Maualuga was happy to be able to land #58, the same number he wore during his time with the Cincinnati Bengals."

Watts should have taken the money :laugh

DAVIE — When Rey Maualuga joined the Miami Dolphins, he indicated he needed to lose more than 10 pounds.

“I think I’m there,” Maualuga said of hitting his target weight on Monday. “Obviously it’s not that hard to shed weight in this humidity. We Samoans, tend to be be big-boned. It’s coming.”

I read somewhere he was at 270 lbs so if true, he'd need to lose way more than 10lbs

Ozzy rules!!

Well, Burke has his own Cutler so to speak.

Nobody has a clue how Maualuga will play.

It seems he would be extremely happy in Miami.

He's been in some of the most brutal trench battles playing in the AFC North. That playoff game against Pittsburgh a couple years ago was straight up thunder dome.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article171212682.html

“Slowly but surely, I’m getting there,” he said. “We Somoans tend to be big boned. I feel good. I’m preparing as if I’m going to play” in the opener against Tampa Bay.

Maualuga, who signed Aug. 19 - more than a week after Raekwon McMillan’s season-ending knee injury - reported at 270 pounds and said he has met Miami’s target weight (mid 250s).

Back
Top Bottom